LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Last Alliances of Elves and...Wraiths? (FP only)  (Read 2198 times)

July 31, 2008, 01:18:56 PM
Read 2198 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
The Last Alliances of Elves and...Wraiths? (FP only)
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:18:56 PM »
Got an odd deck for you. I was trying to figure out how I might be able to merge two races you'd likely NEVER see together. I got thinking about Wraiths and who they could match up with, and then I thought of Glorfindel, Eldarin Lord's threat removal, and after a lot MORE thinking and tinkering, I came up with the following:

FREE PEOPLES (36 cards):

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom w/ The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Legolas, Skeptical Guide (starting)
Dead Man of Dunharrow (starting)
Glorfindel, Eldarin Lord (Prancing Pony pull)

Aragorn, Driven By Need x4
King of the Dead
Shadow Host
Cursed of Erech
Sleepless Dead

Elendil's Army

Nenya, Ring of Adamant x3
Galadriel's Silver Ewer
Phial of Galadriel
Elven Bow x2
Anduril, Sword That Was Broken
Aragorn's Bow, Ranger's Longbow
Scroll of Isildur

The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Stronger and More Terrible x4
Swept Away x3
Gondor Bowmen x2
Hearts Raised
Guardian

Weapons of Lothlorien
At His Command

Basically your [Gondor] Wraith staples with some Elves making up the bulk of your starting fellowship. Legolas and Glorfindel provide early protection until your Wraiths are really ready to rock, then the undead masses take over.

Your Elves contribute throughout with their favorite recipe: archery. With your bows out, they'll be tossing out 3 every turn, plus extra arrows can fly with Legolas' ability (and those threats then be removed by your Wraiths). The Wraiths themselves can exert to turn Gondor Bowmen into extra archery when you need it...and those exertions, of course, are a good thing. :twisted: One last archery trick you can keep up your sleeve is Weapons of Lothlorien, which again can have its threats easily pulled later by the Wraiths, Aragorn, Glorfindel, and/or Hearts Raised.

Aragorn DbN is the obvious Gorn to use here, and with Anduril and TLAoEaM and 3 threats, he's got a ridiculous 16 strength. Between him and your Wraiths, you shouldn't have much trouble winning skirmishes. Weaker minions should go to Glorfindel, of course, who can remove extra threats when he wins.

Healing shouldn't be needed for your Wraiths very often (if at all), but your Elves and Aragorn could use some, so I packed in a few copies of Ring of Adamant (a staple Galadriel BoW card, in my opinion), who can heal Elves and/or Aragorn to your hearts' delight.

Guardian was a fun one to toss in with its toil 2 (a good match for Wraiths), and At His Command doesn't have too many Aragorn signets to target, but can be BIG at the right time and with the right companion. At worst, it becomes Hearts Raised fodder. ;)

So, any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:22:48 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".