LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Top 10 Mines of Moria cards  (Read 8611 times)

July 19, 2010, 07:41:14 PM
Read 8611 times

Fjordhermit

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Top 10 Mines of Moria cards
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
Hey..  I'm a huge fan of top ten lists, so I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the top 10 cards of Mines of Moria.  (Check the other Fellowship block Top 10 posts.)  I always loved when Scrye/InQuest would do top ten lists of recent releases back in the day.

From my limited experience, I would throw in Nice Imitation, the starter deck only Gimli and Gandalf (both pretty awesome and a little better than their FotR counterparts), the common Frodo with the twilight bonus, Gandalf's Staff, Jarnsmid, Too Much Attention, The Eye of Sauron, and A Promise.  Ulaire Nelya would make it by default since he can be devestating early on, but the FotR version might be a little better, so I would throw in Bill Ferny.   As I get more games in and get more use out of the cards, I can post a more informed list!

July 19, 2010, 11:28:03 PM
Reply #2

putridbreath

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Top 10 Mines of Moria cards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »
I play Movie block and I find these 10 to be my most used/desired cards from Mines of Moria:

1. Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
2. Gandalf's Staff
3. The Witch-king, LotN
4. Hobbit Sword-play
5. A Promise
6. Moria Archer Troop
7. The Balrog, Flame of Udun
8. Wizard Storm
9. Hand Axe
10. Hollin

August 17, 2010, 03:17:51 AM
Reply #5

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 03:17:51 AM »
Make Light of Burdens is garbage.
-wtk
I do like to put 1 copy of it in my FOTR Dwarf deck. However, it's garbage outside of FOTR Block.

August 17, 2010, 07:09:53 AM
Reply #7

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 07:09:53 AM »
Make Light of Burdens is garbage.
-wtk

Heh yeah it is outside of fellowship block.  In fellowship block, it's the only way to get rid of Blade Tips or Black Breaths or You Bring Great Evil, etc.  It's saved my life a few times.

August 17, 2010, 09:02:25 PM
Reply #8

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:02:25 PM »
Not Feared in Sunlight.
Honestly, the only way to survive Fellowship Block in my meta.

August 21, 2010, 02:31:18 PM
Reply #9

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 02:31:18 PM »
Since not a single Mines of Moria card made it onto my "Top 20 Fellowship Block list here, I thought I would do my top ten Mines of Moria cards.

10. No Business of Ours - I like this card in any [Isengard] deck in Fellowship Block because Sting is universal.
9. Moria Archer Troop - I gave big points to Brown Lands (as my second most powerful site in Fellowship block) and this guy is a big reason.
8. Tower Assassin - I still think he is the best ally hate in the game.
7. Dwarven Bracers - One of the best Dwarven possessions in Movie Block. I give this a spot over Hand Axe because of the secondary game text.
6. Filibert Bolger, Wily Rascal - So good he had to be X-ed in Towers Standard.
5. Flaming Brand - What else can I say?
4. Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith In Twilight - Big hitter for the [Wraith] family. Easily the best twilight Nazgul.
3. Secret Sentinels - Second most effective way for the Free People's Player to discard conditions in Fellowship Block (behind Sleep, Caradhras). Just make sure your opponent has at least two conditions if you can spot an Orc.
2. Gandalf's Staff - Better than Glamdring and Narya combined and better than any other iteration of his staff.
1. The Balrog, Durin's Bane - Universal in any non- [Moria] deck in Fellowship block.

Honorable Mentions go out to: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer, Sam, Proper Poet, Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim, A Promise, His Terrible Servants, The Balrog, Flame of Udun, and Gloin, Friend to Thorin, Hollin, Hand Axe, Vile Blade.

Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow would be on the list in Movie Block.
-wtk
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:36:24 PM by ket_the_jet »

August 21, 2010, 04:44:01 PM
Reply #10

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »
10. No Business of Ours -  I've never seen it used except by myself and I never understood why someone would run Isengard Orcs without it in FoTR block. Kudos to Ket for mentioning it also.

9. Memory of Many Things -  I've come to hate all those [Elven] allies in FoTR and no better way to get rid of them. In movie I prefer killing allies because of threats, but in FoTR it's much easier to discard them.

8. Dismay Our Enemies -  incredibly underrated card. I can't even count the times it saved me from Sauron, Balrog or any other nasty.

7. Hosts of the Last Alliance - The only thing that can save you (aside from Nenya, RoD) if you run full elven fellowship, which I do.

6. What Are We Waiting For -  pack 4 of these, skip the shadow phase, shuffle them back to deck. Just lovely.

5. Wraith-world -  I love this one. Especially good against alternate RBs

4. His Terrible Servants - I love Twilight Nazgul and this card saves their Twilight #$&*@!

3. Wizard Storm -  regroup phase, no minions in sight, freeps are in full strength, but they are not running...

2. Moria Archer Troop -  my favorite archer aside from Lurtz.

1. The Witch King, Lord of the Nazgul -  I do prefer the PR version, but still, my all time favorite Wikky. I know he's not the most useful or even the most powerful version of Witch King, but I still love him. I experienced some of the best games with him.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)