LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Update my Noble Leaders  (Read 3020 times)

August 07, 2008, 12:23:12 PM
Read 3020 times

Snakebacon

Update my Noble Leaders
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »
Hello all, I've been away from the game since the release of Bloodlines and am looking to get back into the swing of things.  I guess I just need some suggestions on what cards I should try to get a hold of to update some of my old decks.  We'll start with my Noble Leaders (obviously the corsair can't change much):

Site Path:
Isenwash
The Great Gates
Ettenmoors
Ford of Isen
Window on the West
Wold Battle Field
Trollshaw Forest
Caves of Aglarond
North Undeep

Ring: Answer to all Riddles
Ringer Bearer: Boromir, BoC
Free Peoples (32)
Starting:
Faramir, Capt. Of Gondor
Denethor, LoMT
Aragorn, Strider

Anarion, Lord of Anarien X2
Elendil, The Tall
Sapling of the White Tree X3
Anduril, Flame of the West
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Faramir's Sword
Knife of the Galadhrim
Knight's Spear
Faramir's Bow
Ring of Barahir
Scroll of Isildur
Sword of Gondor
Noble Leaders X3
Boromir, My Brother
Garrison of Osgiliath
Hard Choice X2
Pathfinder X2
Drawing His Eye X2
War and Valor X3

Shadow:(32)
Castamir of Umbar X3
Corsair Marauder X4
Black Numenorean X3
Corsair Ruffian X3
Corsair Boatswain
Corsair Brute
Raider Halbred X3
Raider Bow X2
Black Sails of Umbar X4
Ships of Great Draught
Corsair War Galley
Wind That Sped Ships X3
Stampeded
Discovered
Red Wrath

Free Peoples:  Pretty standard Noble Leaders.  Use Denethor to set up with at the sanctuary and use hard choice to heal him and do it again.  For some reason I love Drawing his eye with this deck.

Shadow: Again Pretty standard Use castamir with halbred to beat up some companions and load up on tokens on black sails to eventually swarm

August 07, 2008, 12:59:40 PM
Reply #1

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
Re: Update my Noble Leaders
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:59:40 PM »
 I would probably give Boromir The One Ring the Ring of Rings. though I do understand what your tring to do with his wounding . Also, try using Faramir, Prince of Ithilen.
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

August 07, 2008, 03:24:48 PM
Reply #2

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
I see you registered a while ago, but welcome to the forums, snake...bacon? Have a :gp:.

If you have room for another artifact, The Shards of Narsil can store any [Gondor] cards that aren't needed immediately like those extra copies of Noble Leaders. Maybe Knife of the Galadhrim can be switched to Flaming Brand for extra bonuses against Nazgul.

Not sure how well it'd work, but you could try switching Elendil TT to HKoG, Anarion to Watcher at Sarn Ford, and one Hard Choice to Much-needed Rest. Hopefully that would give your companions +3 pumps on top of the Noble Leaders. Just a thought.

August 08, 2008, 10:04:17 AM
Reply #3

Snakebacon

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:04:17 AM »
Also, try using Faramir, Prince of Ithilien.
I considered it for a while, but I think I like captain of gondor's strength bonus more than prince of Ithilien's defender +1.

Ahh yes the shards of Narsil.  I used to have it in this deck when I played standard. Then it got rotated out and when I switched to expanded I guess I kind of forgot about it.  It's kinda funny having anduril, Narsil, and the shards all in play at once.  But I think it's going back in.  I like watcher at Sarn Ford. I'll have to see if I can get a hold of any.

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.