LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rate this deck: Rainbow Wounding/Sauron Wounding  (Read 4026 times)

August 13, 2010, 06:43:10 PM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Rate this deck: Rainbow Wounding/Sauron Wounding
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:43:10 PM »
Drop the grey wizard and put in either manager of wizards, the grey pilgrim (preffered) or friend of the shire folk
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

August 13, 2010, 07:30:12 PM
Reply #2

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
Ach I meant the grey pilgrim
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

August 13, 2010, 11:27:40 PM
Reply #3

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »
Well, as for Freeps, expanding the Deck to 9 fixed comps would be a good choice. Also, I prefer Brooding on Tomorrow over Deep in Thought, I'd really put some initiative cards in here. First of all, Faramir, SoD as a backup fighter and then Garrison of Gondor with Hardy Garrison. replace Greenleaf with Fearless Marksman to make that theme even better. I usually run Isildur as RB and Gimli, Feared Axeman so I don't need Faramir anymore to spot. You may also Consider replacing Elessar Telcontar with King in Exile for more healing.

I understand why you took atar as ring, but adding Ring Of Retribution seems a bitlike overkill to me.  Sam as only backup plan against Corruption is then prett few by having just 5 resistance, which is an easy win for every Corruption Deck. I'd also think Turn Of The Tide doesn't really work well together with Slaked Thirsts, I suggest dropiing those two, drop Fell Deeds Awake and add Roll of Thunder, Terrible and Evil and Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor. Whatever way you might go, these 3 Gandalf cards are those I highly recommend to you.

Shadow is good, pretty much the Sauron Grind I play in real life.

The Freeps looks fine and needs just a bit of improvement (e.g. Slaked Thirsts and Turn of the Tide) butthe Shadow seems very good to me. I give it a 4.

August 14, 2010, 07:40:15 AM
Reply #4

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 07:40:15 AM »
I can't give this a very high rating. For direct wounding decks of this sort, I think your best bet is to start Gimli, Bearer of Grudges, Legolas, Dauntless Hunter, Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver, and Merry, Friend to Sam.

You can pack Shadowplay and Unheeded and drop all of the [Gandalf] stuff.

Ring of Fury instead of Ring of Retribution.

A copy of Shake off the Shadow wouldn't hurt.

Where are your four copies of Gondor Bowmen? And you extra Faramir, Son of Denethor?

As for the Shadow, I can't give this a very high rating either because you are missing Grishnakh, Orc Captain and even Orc Seeker for extra drawing power.

Overall, I'd say it is a 2.
-wtk