LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Epic Win  (Read 5589 times)

August 16, 2010, 12:13:44 PM
Read 5589 times

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Epic Win
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
Was playing my UGR Threshold vs mono blue in legacy.

So I bashed him down to 4 life before he got control of the situation.

He has my goyf 4/5 (3 Vedalken Shackles down), I have a Nimble Mongoose 3/3.

Epic play right here...

He has 5 Islands and Misty Rainforest out.

I drop Lightning Bolt end of his turn, he taps out his Islands to slap down Force of Will, I hit him with Daze leaving 1 land of mine open, he goes for Misty Rainforest to pull the extra mana, dropping the 1 life, I play Stifle. He takes the -1 and Bolt resolves for the win.

Any epic plays y'all have made?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:15:19 PM by SomeRandomDude »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

August 17, 2010, 12:40:13 AM
Reply #1

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Epic Win
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:40:13 AM »
mostly not, I always win with a huge advantage... ;)

well, when I play against my cousins Demon/ Ogre Deck, the game mostly becomes epic due to the huge creatures and fights going on. I remember winning once by using Makeshi Mannequin, brinning a creature back that deals damage to my opponent, thus killing him. Fun stuff ;)

August 18, 2010, 07:26:34 PM
Reply #2

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »
I was playing UB Mannequin, back when Lorwyn had just came out, so Standard was Time Spiral Block, Cold Snap, 10th Edition and Lorwyn. I was facing UR Dragonstorm on the finals. It was game 2, I was winning 1-0. He knew I didn't have any counters, so he went to combo off. He ended up with a Storm count of 4, good enough for 4 Bogardan Hellkites, so my 16 life were done with. I went into the tank a little as he was combo'ing, and came up with this:

-I let every spell resolve until he drops the D-Storm, Storm makes 3 copis of it, all on the stack;
-I let the first one resolve, he fetches the first Hellkite and puts the ability onto the stack, targeting me;
-I let it resolve and take five;
-I then play Makeshift Mannequin, before the next copy of D-Storm resolves, targeting Shriekmaw in my graveyard;
-I bring it back, targeting his Hellkite;
-The ability resolves, his Hellkite dies;
-I play Extirpate on it;
-He lost all his dragons, had 3 copies of D-Storm fizzle and conceded due to having no way to kill me anymore, except Venser, Shaper Savant beats, which were not NEARLY enough.

September 26, 2010, 04:30:29 AM
Reply #3

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 04:30:29 AM »
This is quite some time ago, but I played against a land destruction deck, he had 2 Dingus Eggs down and I wasnt looking good... until I slapped down a zuran orb, tapped my 2 plains for mana, sacked hem both to the orb, lost 4 life, ended at 1..... then played Balance... forcing my opponent to sack his 9 lands for 36 damage :)