LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Initiave/Raiders  (Read 2782 times)

August 22, 2010, 02:20:29 AM
Read 2782 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Initiave/Raiders
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:20:29 AM »
Here's a deck I'm trying to make work better; some gears aren't clicking properly.

Free Peoples:
Isildur, BoH
The One Ring, ATAR

Glorfindel, RiW
Legolas, Fearless Marksman
Aragorn, DofP x3
Gandalf, MoW x3

Banner of Elbereth x2
Elven Bow
Phial of Galadriel
Aragorn's Bow
Ranger's Sword
Glamdring
Narya
Narsil, BotF

Glimpse of Fate x3
Agility x2
Strength of Arms x2
Shadow Between
Brooding on Tomorrow x2
Hardy Garrison

Still Needed x4
Stand Against Darkness
Sleep Caradhras
Deep in Thought

Shadow:
Desert Lord x4
Elite Archer x3
Southron Bowman x3
Desert Soldier
Desert Spearman
Desert Warrior

Red Wrath x3
Whirling Strike x3
High Vantage x3
War Towers x3
Mumakil of the Harad x2

Seasoned Leader x3
Field of the Fallen x3
Rallying Call
Bold Men and Grim

At 35/35, it's pretty big, but it seems to cycle really well with Legolas. The Free Peoples is initiative manipulation with Gandalf and Glimpse of Fate, with Hardy Garrison and Brooding on Tomorrow thrown in for fun. Banner and Still Needed to lose/gain initiative is also fun. It could use some work.

The shadow is just to mess up their fellowship. The archers with Seasoned Leader and High Vantage for death protection. It seems pretty low on minions, but I tested it once and it worked quite nicely with companions falling all over the place. Field of the Fallen kicking in is nice too. However, I probably do need to cut some stuff for more minions, especially in a 35 card shadow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 22, 2010, 05:29:56 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Initiave/Raiders
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:29:56 AM »
I don't think that Shadow is particularly great. I would run something closer to this:

Desert Lord x4
Mumak Chieftain x4
Southron Veterans x2
Far Harad Mercenaries
Elite Archer x2
Southron Bowman x2

Mumak x4
Ships of Great Draught x3

High Vantage x3
Whirling Strike x3

Seasoned Leader x4
Rallying Call x2
Line of Defense

I would check with MuadDib, who I know ran a similar deck, as he might have a better deck list. I never thought this deck would be as good as it is, but basically the idea is to make Desert Lord a beast with Seasoned Leader and Mumak. All those wounds (plus enduring) will definitely make it difficult for the free peoples player to survive, especially with Whirling Strike thrown in there.
-wtk