LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rohan/Isengard Trackers  (Read 21275 times)

September 03, 2010, 07:53:22 AM
Reply #30

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Rohan/Isengard Trackers
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 07:53:22 AM »
Hmm... maybe one day, you'll see how awesome he is. it's just about dropping him at the right time and see him killing people. I once won saving 4x Uruk Plains Runner and Ugluk, SoS. That was just cruel... Ugluk with LBC killing off a comp, and then two fierce guys on the RB with damage +2... he's a cheap, versatile minion. and having one vitality can sometimesbe better than 2, as Shadowplay/ Unheeded and the like appear pretty often in Movie. Maybe it's worse to have 1 vitality than 2 in most cases, but still, you also have some Mauhur, PL, don't you?

September 03, 2010, 08:11:10 AM
Reply #31

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:10 AM »
I understand your point and I think if you use the search function and search "trackers" in Tower, TS, and Movie, you will find me commenting somewhere that Uruk Plains Runner is great...no need to suggest that I don't know what I'm doing.

I only run two Mauhur, Patrol Leader and it is largely a meta decision to run just three Uruk Plains Runner.
-wtk

September 03, 2010, 08:22:11 AM
Reply #32

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 08:22:11 AM »
Really? I didn't use the search function... ;)

OK, when it's your Meta, then I must agree. But otherwise, I see him being a real staple in like 99% of all Tracker Decks. Use 4 when you get back on GCCG.

September 03, 2010, 08:27:01 AM
Reply #33

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
The three decks I am most often seeing are:

Elvents/Beasterlings
[Gondor] Wraiths/Twilight [Wraith]
[Gondor]/[Rohan] Archery/Assignment Control

Not to mention if I have people playing my other decks:
Knights/Direct Wounding
Dwarves/Moria

So that is largely my Meta. Two of the three decks are archery or wound-based so a one-vitality minion won't help me and he's not always going to be the best option for Broad-Bladed Sword.
-wtk

September 03, 2010, 08:30:07 AM
Reply #34

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 08:30:07 AM »
You don't play with your brother anymore?

Anyway, my Metas are GCCG and the tons of decks I and my cousin use, around 20 of all kind of different formats.

September 03, 2010, 08:33:50 AM
Reply #35

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 08:33:50 AM »
The three decks on top are my brother's. He's in college now and rarely comes to visit, but I'm a #$&*@! big brother too and I never go to Savannah to visit him either.

And I haven't been on GCCG since March and before you ask, "No, I'm not really actively getting involved with GCCG in the near future."
-wtk

September 07, 2010, 06:47:37 PM
Reply #36

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
Okay, so this is the current Shadow.

Shadow:
Saruman, Servant of the Eye 2
Ugluk, Servant of Saruman 3
Mauhur, Patrol Leader 2
Uruk Searcher 3
Uruk Seeker 4
Uruk Plains Runner 3
Grima, Wormtongue 2

Weary 4
Many Riddles 2
What Did You Discover
Greed

Broad-Bladed Sword 4

Vengeance 3

_____________________________ __

So what would you add or subtract if you wanted to keep the deck at 34 cards but wanted to add a third Saruman, Servant of the Eye and a Lurtz, Servant of Isengard?

My best bet would be to remove one copy of Grima, Wormtongue and one copy of Many Riddles, I think.

Edit: Although I may add a copy of The Tale of the Great Ring and run the deck at 35/35...
-wtk
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:13:12 PM by ket_the_jet »

September 08, 2010, 02:01:12 AM
Reply #37

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 02:01:12 AM »
I think 3x Saruman, SoE is too much. I really love that guy, but he is indeed expensive and 2 copies seems quite enough. He's there to be played at site 5 and kill a companion or 2 so ti makes it easier for you to kill the rest.

Lurtz, SoI would be a nice surprise addition and if it is the choice between throwing out Many Riddles or Wormtongue, I choose Wormtongue. I found that Many Riddles can help a lot with its text. Another card that may work well with [Isengard] trackers and Weary in particular is Caradhras Has Not Forgiven Us. It could work as a nice surprise.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

September 08, 2010, 03:19:24 AM
Reply #38

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:24 AM »
I do have a foil copy of Caradhras Has Not Forgiven Us. But like I said, I'd hate for the deck to get too big.

I think 33 is about the perfect size, but for the sake of the Freeps I have it at 34. Although I could remove Fell Deeds Awake and have it at 33/33. But I think that creates bigger problems for the Shadow. There are so many cool "splash" cards that I could put in the deck...
-wtk

Edit: But if you think three Saruman, Servant of the Eye is too many, then I will take your word for it. I will add Lurtz, Servant of Isengard in right now and a copy of The Tale of the Great Ring to balance the deck at 35/35. If I want to make a cut or two, then Fell Deeds Awake will be the first card to go (site control not in my meta) and we'll see what goes with my Shadow...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:20:55 AM by ket_the_jet »

September 08, 2010, 04:48:12 AM
Reply #39

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 04:48:12 AM »
Maybe you should try it on GCCG  :roll:
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

September 12, 2010, 05:12:43 AM
Reply #40

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 05:12:43 AM »
Well, I'm back on GCCG.

I've played the [Rohan] Tracker deck twice now. It is 0-2.

Both games were against Elves as the Freeps which decimated my tracker conditions.

Both games the Free Peoples looked pretty good. The second game, Merry was killed at site two by a Gorgoroth Assassin, which sucked #$&*@!. But the Freeps are way better/a lot more fun to play than the SFtF [Rohan] deck I had.

I might replace Legolas, Greenleaf with Hrethel (or another [Rohan] guy). I find that it is tough to kill Theoden to play Rohirrim Army because I'd have to have Eomer, Eowyn, and Gamling out. Maybe Grimbold?

Both games were against site control decks (one [Isengard], one Besieger). The first game the guy didn't get any sites because I kept using Fell Deeds Awake. But Greed really slowed me down when he played just one minion then exhausted all of my guys at Steward's Tomb. The second game, I didn't draw Fell Deeds Awake, but the Freeps were still very competitive. I drew Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade at the right time and was able to kill a Siege Troop with it.
-wtk

September 12, 2010, 05:24:23 AM
Reply #41

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 05:24:23 AM »
you still have only three copies of Uruk Plains Runner. But he's the best. I'd really, really recommend it.

he doesn't rely on conditions. And that's also a reason why Ugluk, SoS is mostly better than Uruk Searcher.

You could consider adding Aragorn, RotN instead of Greenleaf. Or Faramir, SoD.

Just to ask, how did you loose the first game?

September 12, 2010, 05:28:29 AM
Reply #42

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 05:28:29 AM »
When I play my [Isengard] tracker deck against elves I try to run with freeps, or if I can't, I keep certain cards in hand until the right opportunity arises. (Saruman, SotE, Uruk Searcher, Broad-Bladed Sword and Vengeance or Kill Them Now under assumption that some [Isengard] search cards in play.) Someone dies with that combination.

Ugluk doesn't rely on conditions, but relies on other trackers. Without them, he's practically worthless. It's much cheaper to play Uruk Searcher and a condition than Ugluk and several other trackers.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

September 12, 2010, 11:18:36 AM
Reply #43

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
that's true, but as Elve have tons of Condition removal during Maneuver and Company of Archers in movie, it doesn't really matter as your conditons will be discarded anyway. Or if they run the Gandalf package with Brooding on tomorrow.

September 18, 2010, 02:58:34 AM
Reply #44

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 02:58:34 AM »
hmm... I'm not really sure if this works so well, as chances of getting both Merry's Sword and Chaser of Rascals at once aren't that high, but both are needed. I wouldn't change the whole strategy just becuase of one card. you could have added one more Merry's Sword to get on strength 5 anyway, so I think this change is more than pointless.