LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Too Much Attention Discard  (Read 5074 times)

September 30, 2010, 11:06:44 AM
Read 5074 times

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Too Much Attention Discard
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
So I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I just now got a chance to try it out.

Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
The One Ring, Isildur's Bane
Gimli, Son of Gloin
Gloin, Friend to Thorin

Farin, Dwarven Emissary x3
Fror, Gimli's Kinsman x2
Bounder
Sting x2
Gimli's Battle Axe x2
Gimli's Helm
Hand Axe x3
Dwarven Axe x4
Dwarven Bracers x2
Book of Marzabul
O Elebereth!  Githoniel!
Song of Durin x2
Greatest Kingdom of My People x2
Endurance of Dwarves x2
Make Light of Burdens
Axe Strike x4
Delving x4
Flurry of Blows x2
Nobody Tosses a Dwarf x4
Power According to His Stature x3

The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul x3
Ulaire Cantea, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur x3
Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight x3
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x2
Morgul Skulker x3
Isengard Servant x4
Isengard Smith x3
Isengard Warrior x4
No Business of Ours
His Terrible Servants x2
Black Breath x2
Helpless
Saruman's Power
Too Much Attention x3
All Veils Removed x2
Morgul Gates x3
Resistance Becomes Unbearable x4
Return to its Master x2
Stricken Dumb x2

So the Free People side is fairly straight forward.  Power dwarves that discard cards.  Usually I would move slow with this deck, but it can double depended on if you need it.  Make Light of Burdens for Desperate Defense of the Ring and Black Breath/Blade Tip.  Song of Durin to help against Moria decks and help pump Gloin.  This deck is a little large, but 4 Delvings really help with that.

Shadow is more tricky.  Hopefully you can use Witch Kings early to put wounds on Frodo and then use Enquea and Isengard Servants to keep them on.  The idea is keep wounds on Frodo to be able to trigger him to put on the ring with Resistance Becomes Unbearable.  Then hit him with Return to its Master.  Ideally I would try to assign Ulaire Cantea to discard Sting.  All Veils Removed is a great pump to help out the skirmish if you need to.  I thought of adding Saruman's Snows, but I couldn't really find the room.  Stricken Dumb and Saruman's Power is help get rid of things to help Frodo, like O Elebereth!  GIthoniel! and Trust Me as You Once Did.  Too Much Attention with the help of Dwarves should help out in ensuring that your opponent doesn't have the cards to support Frodo when he needs them.  Morgul Skulker to help recycle key Nazgul and events.

I've played one game with this.  I did kill Frodo with Return to its Master, but I never got Helpless so Sam kept him alive.  I eventually won by powering with Dwaves to site 9.  Although I never saw Too Much Attention in the game, I still discarded a lot with my Dwarves.

Any thoughts to help this run better would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:08:47 AM by uncle_elrond »

September 30, 2010, 01:55:26 PM
Reply #1

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Too Much Attention Discard
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
The reason I used Isengard Orcs is for extra wounds/possession discard.  I definitely forgot about Worry.  I think maybe I'll change the orcs to some Uruks, maybe Uruk Sword and Savagery to help them win.  Saruman's Reach is another card that would be good.  Probably may add News of Mordor too while I'm at it.

September 30, 2010, 04:54:19 PM
Reply #2

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Too Much Attention Discard
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
Now you are trying to do too much at once.
-wtk

Well, I noticed that when I was trying to find room for everything in the deck.  I replaced the Orcs with Uruk Rager and Uruk Solider.  I added 2 copies of Worry.  I also removed Saruman's Power so I don't kill my own Worry, and put in a couple Saruman's Reach.  I'll see how this goes.

September 30, 2010, 06:13:30 PM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:15:29 PM by ket_the_jet »