LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Elf Archery/Sauron Corruption  (Read 5875 times)

August 14, 2008, 11:29:42 AM
Read 5875 times

AdultLink

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Elf Archery/Sauron Corruption
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »
Free Peoples: 33

Starting
Galadriel, BoW
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
Legolas, Of the Grey Company

2 - Elrond, Witness to History
1 - Aragorn, Thorongil
1 - Celebring, Elven-Smith
1 - Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer
2 - Nenya, Ring of Adamant
1 - Vilya, Ring of the Air
1 - Galadriel's Silver Ewer
3 - Elven Bow
1 - Hadafang
2 - Ranger's Sword
1 - Aragorn's Bow
1 - Knife of the Galadhrim
1 - Lothlorien Guides
2 - The Council of Elrond
2 - Songs of the Blessed Realm
1 - The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
1 - The Splendor of Their Banners
2 - The White Arrows of Lorien
1 - The Tale of Gil-Galad
2 - Into the West
1 - Shadow Between
1 - Take Up the Bow

Basically the strategy is to go first and pull Thorongil with the pony. Burden's with bidding and the Pony get removed by Songs of the Blessed Realm when you play all your tales. This will help combat weaknesses against corruption strategies. Aragorn gets beastly pumped, and can use his ability. Then Into the West is an easy threat-remover. Two Ranger's Sword for faster pulls and in case one is discarded. Aragorn gets up to 16 base strength if you attach Celebring which will allow you to exert most minions. Bigger baddies, Shelob, Pavise-weilding fiends, etc. can be taken out with Take Up the Bow. Elrond can use his ability to recycle cards. Two Nenya for healing and to insure an elf card on top for Legolas and Into the West. Splendor on Galadriel can really pump the archery total if needed. White Arrows is annoying as heck and supports the Shadow Strategy.

Shadow: 33

1 - Orc Butcher
4 - Orc Inquisitor
1 - The Mouth of Sauron, Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
1 - Gate Sentry
1 - Morgul Hunter
1 - Grishnakh, Orc Captain
1 - Orc Patrol
1 - Band of the Eye
2 - Orc Slaughterer
2 - Gorgoroth Stormer
2 - Tower of Barad-Dur
2 - The Irresistible Shadow
1 - Flames Within
1 - Dead Marshes
1 - Thin And Stretched
4 - Desperate Defense of the Ring
1 - His Cruelty and Malice
4 - Enduring Evil

Obviously a discard shadow. Tower of Barad-Dur and the Inquisitors take out cards in their hand which helps to trigger Flames Within for a strength boost and allow the use of Gorgoroth Stormer for more burden adding. Desperate Defense of the Ring makes them add burdens or discard cards. Enduring Evil is for killing. Two copies of The Irresistable Shadow in case one is discarded. Dead Marshes also gets back discarded conditions. Grishnakh and the Orc Patrol help guys not be roaming early. Orc Slaughterer is ideal for playing all these exert-to-play conditions.

Ideas? Comments? Questions?

August 14, 2008, 12:29:16 PM
Reply #1

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Elf Archery/Sauron Corruption
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »
    If you are planning corruption (or at least put a lot of burdens) i would definitely say go with The Ring is Mine! You just have to put the first burden then...

For the minions a have a suggestion for ya: use some minions that make noise when you have initiative like Orc Stalker, Orc Archer Troop and Orc Seeker (this one is really great cause you can draw some The Ring is Mine!, Enduring Evil or even another minion with him).

If you want my opinion i woul go with Inquisitor, Seeker, Grishnak, Stalker, Orc Patrol and Gate Sentry for condition removal. The Slaughterer, Band of the Eye and Archer Troop are good fighters  (like Stalker can be) and can send some companion to the dead pile with Enduring Evil  :twisted:  I would say drop the Stormer cause he makes you opponent draw a card what is really bad for your intiative minions. Hunter is a good guy (or may we say a bad guy?) to have in most Sauron decks, so maybe stick with him...

And hey, if you have a Grond put it on! The hability to discard almost everything make this card worth the 3 twilight you pay for it!

August 14, 2008, 01:31:18 PM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 14, 2008, 02:16:46 PM
Reply #3

AdultLink

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 02:16:46 PM »
    If you are planning corruption (or at least put a lot of burdens) i would definitely say go with The Ring is Mine! You just have to put the first burden then...

For the minions a have a suggestion for ya: use some minions that make noise when you have initiative like Orc Stalker, Orc Archer Troop and Orc Seeker (this one is really great cause you can draw some The Ring is Mine!, Enduring Evil or even another minion with him).

And hey, if you have a Grond put it on! The hability to discard almost everything make this card worth the 3 twilight you pay for it!

Hmm... so basically you are saying to pull out the butchers? And I might try a copy or two of The Ring is Mine! but the problem is it's already hard to find space in the deck. I can't really take out any of my conditions.

I am considering taking out His Cruelty and Malice in favor of another Tower of Barad-Dur though

August 14, 2008, 02:18:07 PM
Reply #4

AdultLink

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »
Desperate Measures anyone?

Yeah, I ran a copy or two of that in the shadow for a while, but while it really helps with the discard strategy, it hurts the usefulness of Enduring Evil and takes away burdens and twilight. I suppose I could go for straight up discard and drop 4 enduring's for 4 desperate measures, that would be interesting to try.

Does anyone see any way I could improve the Freeps?

August 14, 2008, 04:48:05 PM
Reply #5

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »
 4x Many Miles 4x Double Shot and start Rumil, Silvan Elf insteat of Glorfindal because he is 8 strength usually and maybe an archer.
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

August 14, 2008, 06:20:04 PM
Reply #6

AdultLink

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »
4x Many Miles 4x Double Shot and start Rumil, Silvan Elf insteat of Glorfindal because he is 8 strength usually and maybe an archer.
There's no way I have room for double shots or many miles. I would have to change the entire schematic of the deck. Rumil is an interesting thought though, it would be a one less strength tradeoff but he would often be an archer, as you mentioned, and I could then take out an elven bow and free up one card of deckspace. I might try that.

August 15, 2008, 06:41:32 AM
Reply #7

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 06:41:32 AM »
Thinking twice i say that maybe The Ring is Mine! could clog up your hand a little bit cause you don´t have a active way to put the first burden like It Wants to be Found, so maybe focus in the initiative/discard strategy. Consider to drop one Enduring Evil to put some more Minions...

I don´t know what sites you run but consider Pelennor Flat and Courtyard Parapet (the first one you can use with The Ring is Mine! if you decide to keep it...

August 15, 2008, 09:46:55 PM
Reply #8

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:46:55 PM »
Parapet is X'ed, I think.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

August 19, 2008, 01:30:53 AM
Reply #9

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 01:30:53 AM »
Parapet is X'ed, I think.

It is only X-listed in standard you can play it all you want in expanded :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

August 19, 2008, 11:43:00 AM
Reply #10

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
I'm looking at The White Arrows of Lorien, paired with Sauron, and I'm thinking Called Away.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan