LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Only Gondor deck  (Read 5444 times)

November 08, 2010, 04:01:08 AM
Read 5444 times

3lp3ru

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Only Gondor deck
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:01:08 AM »
Hi to all!!!

I am new here so first of all i would like to say hello to everybody.

My questions is this: I want to do an only Gondor deck but I like to use characters such as Isildur, Elendil, Aragorn, Faramir, Boromir, Derethor...but i don't want to be a rangers deck neither a knights deck. Is that possible. Could it be a strong deck? All advices and suggests would be nice  ;D. The other point i want to ask is what should be the best shadow faction to combine with this gondor deck?

Thanks in advance for helping me

November 08, 2010, 04:05:36 AM
Reply #1

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Only Gondor deck
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:05:36 AM »
gondor knights seem to be the best way to go... but im no expert with gondor culture, so i'd let the others give more useful suggestions hehe

November 08, 2010, 04:31:18 AM
Reply #2

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 04:31:18 AM »
A Noble Leaders deck is a completely viable strategy.

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms with the One Ring, Answer to All Riddles
Faramir, Captain of Gondor
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith

Aragorn, Heir of Elendil x3
Boromir, Lord of Gondor x2
Elendil, the Tall x2
Garrison of Gondor

Anduril, Flame of the West x2
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful x2
Sword of Gondor x3
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree x3

Noble Leaders x3
Citadel of the Stars
City Wall
Gondor Bowmen x3

Might of Numenor x3
Swordarm of the White Tower x4

Something like that should work just fine. You might want to make a few meta decisions, but that will be okay. Like all [Gondor] decks, it lacks condition and possession removal so you could have some problems with that. But Denethor can grab the things you need early and so in that sense you should be okay.
-wtk

November 08, 2010, 04:57:42 AM
Reply #3

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:57:42 AM »
I run Gondor Archery deck, something like this:

Isildur, BoH
The One Ring, ATAR

1x Faramir, CoG (start)
1x Denethor, LoMT (start)
3x Aragorn, KiE
2x Garrison of Gondor
1x Sam, SoH

1x Narsil, BotF
1x Scroll of Isildur
3x Sapling of the White Tree

2x Aragorn's Bow
2x Faramir's Bow
4x Gondorian Sword
1x Coat of Mail

2x Noble Leaders
1x Citadel of the Stars
1x Stone Tower
1x Hardy Garrison
4x Gondor Bowmen

2x Hard Choice
2x Might of Numenor

If you don't want Sam, throw something else in instead. If you don't get companions by site 3, pull them out with Denethor. If you do get them, pull out bows or Gondor Bowmen. It's always best to take the cheapest things. Also, if you get Hard Choice before site 3, don't throw it away, as you can use it to heal Denethor and use his ability again if you want to. For that purpose, if you go 2nd, use Beacon of Minas Tirith as your 3rd site. You'll be able to take care of most things in archery and easily survive in skirmish. Also, use Gondorian Sword to lose initiative and trigger Hardy Garrison. I pair it with my version of corsairs (my version meaning it doesn't run Castamir). Corsairs or Moria are the best choice to pair it with because they don't mind fast cycling via Gondorian Sword. It's quite strong, can withstand a lot of punishment, has good healing and the only thing missing is site liberation. For that matter you can run Elendil or Forests of Ithilien.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

November 08, 2010, 05:31:39 AM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 05:31:39 AM »
I run my Gondor men with a lot of artifacts, might of numnor, just power them up with events, and survive. Shards of Narsil is great to stack cards you don't need. Might of Numenor is annoying to have 3x early game, so stack them, as with extra copies of companions that will provide healing later on. Big disadvantages are obvious if you play solo Gondor. Conditiondiscard and burdens can cause a serious problem.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 08, 2010, 01:34:47 PM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 01:34:47 PM »
I built a fun (but not great) deck that featured Greatest Stronghold a long while ago. It was fun to pump out Gondor archery...but not as great as having Elven or Rohirrim support.
-wtk

November 08, 2010, 02:02:24 PM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
Well, with Gondor Bowmen, Greatest Stronghold and those vitality fortifications, you should be allright in killing some dudes....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 08, 2010, 05:51:30 PM
Reply #7

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »
I think the best removal cards for Gondor are Athelas and Drawing His Eye. Desperate Defense of the Ring can be killer, and at the worst Athelas removes a wound. And the easiest removal is from hand before it even hits the table.

November 08, 2010, 06:45:47 PM
Reply #8

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 06:45:47 PM »
Catapult is the only other thing that can remove Shadow player's conditions. Derufin can help against [Sauron] besiegers and Corsairs, but the only thing to keep you alive against Sauron Wound is plenty of healing and Aragorn, KiE with a little help from his friends ;D (Hard Choice, Might of Numenor and Sapling of the White Tree) can provide enough healing/protection to survive. Of course, UTWE makes running quite difficult and Stewards Tomb (Denethor should die here, Faramir should be exhausted and Boromir should be dead on the previous site) makes life hard. If you don't want to include the allmighty Gandalf in your deck, Elrond, HtGG is probably the best option for condition discard. With Vilya and Secret Sentinels you could make conditions go bye-bye and heal some more if needed. That option, however, takes a lot of slots.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

November 09, 2010, 06:40:18 AM
Reply #9

3lp3ru

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:18 AM »
Thanks for all advices. I'll try to improve my new deck  :)