LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Anyone going to play Lotr LCG  (Read 32528 times)

November 16, 2010, 12:36:08 PM
Read 32528 times

Smeagollum

Anyone going to play Lotr LCG
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »
I ordered 2 base-sets.

November 16, 2010, 04:14:24 PM
Reply #1

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
Re: Anyone going to play Lotr LCG
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »
I've certainly been keeping my eye on it.
Can't wait to give it a try, I just love the products that Fantasy Flights produces.
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

November 17, 2010, 02:33:17 AM
Reply #2

Smeagollum

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:33:17 AM »
Never heard of FF before. But from what I saw from the pictures I think it looks interesting. The drawings are awesome.

November 17, 2010, 07:08:23 AM
Reply #3

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 07:08:23 AM »
Besides the fact I will never get into a new game that requires lots of money, waht bothers me about the LCG is that its Co-Op. Players play together against the deck. There won't be much in the way of tournament action with this game, this is a plus and a minus as far as the investment goes. I'm interested to read more detailed reviews, but the co-op nature of the game bothers me at this point.

November 17, 2010, 10:15:55 AM
Reply #4

Smeagollum

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
Besides the fact I will never get into a new game that requires lots of money, waht bothers me about the LCG is that its Co-Op. Players play together against the deck. There won't be much in the way of tournament action with this game, this is a plus and a minus as far as the investment goes. I'm interested to read more detailed reviews, but the co-op nature of the game bothers me at this point.

Is there a need for a tournament competition? I just want to have a fun game. And to me a co-op nature makes it interesting, allthough i'm not sure if it will work out. But i'll give it a try and will let you know.

November 17, 2010, 10:43:26 AM
Reply #5

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:26 AM »
what exactly does LCG stand for?

..im still not done spending on lotr tcg and already, a new "vice" comes along... ouch

November 17, 2010, 10:49:07 AM
Reply #6

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
Living Card Game (provided by google)

It seems ok, images are really nice and I'd have to learn more about it before I start with another obsession. ;)

I'm looking forward to the Smeagollum's review. If there is anyone here who has already experienced LCG games, please let us know how that works exactly and is it worth it.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

November 17, 2010, 11:40:32 AM
Reply #7

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:32 AM »
Smeagollum, where did you order them? I am also based in Europe and would certainly try it out. Am I correct in thinking that you only need to buy 2 core set to get all the cards you ever need? In that case, it appears to be a bargain compared to LotR TCG...
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

November 17, 2010, 01:41:23 PM
Reply #8

Smeagollum

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
I ordered them on a Dutch site: http://www.bordspelbazaar.nl/index.php?action=article&aid=4110

Though I dont know if the site is trustworthy, but will let you know when I receive the game.

November 18, 2010, 11:14:05 AM
Reply #9

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
From FFG: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=14&esem=2

Living Card Games

Since its introduction, the LCG® (Living Card Game®) format has come to be immensely successful for FFG, and sales continue their growth rate in both domestic and international markets. Fans around the world have enjoyed augmenting their LCG® core sets with our fixed 40-card monthly packs, and have experienced the strategy of deck building without the financial strain of random card packs. But how does this innovative format work? What can you expect from a Living Card Game®?

Excellent Value

A Core Set provides everything you need for a complete and self-contained game experience, but if you choose to go beyond the Core Set, monthly expansion packs provide fresh content at an easily affordable price. These monthly releases offer enough new content to keep the game immersive and strategic, while remaining accessible and digestible to casual players.

Constantly Expanding Card Pool

Monthly expansions provide more frequent additions to your card pool, with the potential of new deck types and strategies you can explore in every release. With monthly installments, the game is continuously updated and always feels fresh.

No Rare Chasing

LCGs® have no rare or promo cards that need to be chased. This ensures that games are determined by a player's deck building skills and play strategies, rather than who spent the most money in pursuit of hard-to-find ultra rare cards. The fixed format means that every player has equal access to every card needed to build his or her deck.

Easier to find Opponents

The non-random format makes it simple to play multiple LCGs™ without breaking the bank, dramatically increasing the chance to find opponents that play the same game you do. As each Core Set provides enough for at least two players, friends can begin playing right away.

Organized Play

Organized play programs are available for all LCGs®. These programs include everything from casual year-round leagues to premiere level tournaments featuring regional, national, and world championship level events.

November 19, 2010, 08:00:00 PM
Reply #10

Kenddrick

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
I will play it if:

1) I find a way to buy it online.
2) Local card retailers carry it!

November 21, 2010, 05:09:56 AM
Reply #11

Rathmaker

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 05:09:56 AM »
*Steps out from the corners to see what is going on with LOTR TCG these days*

As a fanatic for all things related to Middle Earth I will definately be buying the base set.  If, as it seems now from the previews and reports from Gencon demos, the game is good I will pick up the small expansions as well.

A few things stand out that interest me alot for this game:

1. Its LOTR (I guess that one was a no brainer! lol)

2. The game is cooperative.  I like the thought of that for a change of pace in card games.

3. This does not seem like it will kill my wallet.  I bought so many LOTR TCG boxes/cases to get full playsets of all the cards.  With the LOTR LCG by buying one base set I can play with another friend.  If I add a second playset I can play with up to 3 friends.  And I need not buy anything else.  And if they stick to the model they are on right now with their other LCGs (Warhammer, Call of Cthulu, and A Game of Thrones) the small expansions contain a playset of each card in them (3 copies).  It will be very easy to buy this game and play with friends.

4. Solo Play.  There are a number of times when our play group cannot get together for a period of time (work and life can suck! *grin*).  With this game I can sit down by myself for some solo entertainment.

5. The game takes place during the time between The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.  It is an area that has not been touched as much in games before.  I am looking forward to exploring that period of time a little more.

6. The card art is BEAUTIFUL! 

Anyway, that is my two cents.  I will be investing in the LCG, and will gladly put it on the shelves next to my LOTR TCG and MECCG binders :)

~Rathmaker~

November 21, 2010, 06:05:58 AM
Reply #12

Smeagollum

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 06:05:58 AM »
Maybe it might be a good idea to open a separate section for Lotr lcg on this forum?

November 21, 2010, 08:17:58 AM
Reply #13

Kenddrick

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »
Great idea Smeagollum! It keeps the site active as well! :D

November 21, 2010, 12:32:18 PM
Reply #14

Smeagollum

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »
Great idea Smeagollum! It keeps the site active as well! :D

Hey allways good on great ideas :P

Anyone else supporting this idea? It might also be a way to lurk people into lotr tcg on Gccg this way.