LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Twilight-threat nazzies with gollum splash  (Read 3911 times)

December 03, 2010, 01:22:31 PM
Read 3911 times

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Twilight-threat nazzies with gollum splash
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »
I started playing on GCCG and realized that you guys have no love for expanded, the only format we play rl, so I'm trying hard to create a Movie deck, but I'm bored with all the well-known archetypes like corsairs, ninja or ddotr decks, because I played them all the time back then, so I want to build something new. Here is my first try:

2 x The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul
2 x The Witch-King, Morgul King
3 x Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
3 x Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
3 x Cantea, Faster than Winds
4 x Morgul Destroyer
1 x Gollum, Dark as Darkness

4 x Captured by the Ring
1 x So Polite
2 x Return to its Master
4 x Resistance Becomes Unbearable
3 x Fell Beast
2 x His Terrible Servants
1 x The Pale Blade

35 cards

So the basic plan is to exhaust the RB with DaD, Morgul Destroyer and Twilight nazzies, then make him wear the ring with RBU then kill it with return to its master. If I remember correctly, then twilight should not be a problem in movie, but I may need more strength to deal with Durin and others, so I may add some nazzy swords for greater justice. I haven't played this format since Shadows get released, so there maybe some weaknesses of the deck that are obvious to you, but I completely ignored it, or cards I have forgotten about, so please tell me what you think! Can this Work?

Here is the fellowship I want to pair with it:

RB: Gimli, Bearer of Grudges + TBR

Starting Fellowship:
Sindri, Dwarven Lord
Durin III, Dwarven Lord

4 x Aragorn, Defender of Free Peoples
3 x Strands of Elven Hair
2 x Preparations
2 x Aragorn's Bow
1 x Gimli's Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon
2 x Dwarven Axe
1 x Hand Axe
2 x Dwarven Bracers
4 x Slaked Thirsts
1 x Baruk Khazad
2 x Stout and Strong
2 x Ring of Fury
1 x Ring of Guile
2 x Blood Runs Chill
3 x Axe Strike
1 x Gondorian Sword

(35)

Pretty simple, I use Slaked Thirsts + Aragorn's Bow/Baruk Khazad to take out bigger minions, then beat the rest with Aragorn or Durin. I always wanted to play DOFP in a dwarven deck, and just recently I realized that I don't have to spot an elf to play SOEH, so he became perfect for the deck.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:29:28 AM by Shelobplayer »

December 03, 2010, 11:11:42 PM
Reply #1

bolgerfattie

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Twilight-threat nazzies with gollum splash
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »
you need to fit 4 x Morgul brutes. My opinion is to cut: 1 Cantea, 1 so Polite, 1 fell beast, 1 resistance becomes unbearable (because you need 1 of your 8 twighligth nazgul to cast it)

think about this condition: Stronghold of Minas Morgul, is very powerfull to exhaust in site 4 or 7 (after hael wounds sites)

December 04, 2010, 12:08:41 AM
Reply #2

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 12:08:41 AM »
I considered Morgul Brute, but if my opponent choses to add a burden, then I simply wasted 2 twilight tokens, since I don't really benefit from burdens most times (and the chances to go up to 5 burdens for Enquea are still low, even if I do add the 4 brutes).

December 04, 2010, 12:51:54 AM
Reply #3

bolgerfattie

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 12:51:54 AM »
this five nazguls add burdens when the RB is exhausted :
2 x The Witch-King, Lord of nazgul
3 x Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight

otherwise... if your opponent choose to put a burden ... you have a 9/2 minion for 2 pool (remmeber the ability of Morgul brute. i am not agrre to waste 2 tokens

another thing .. pleople usually plays with another Rb than Frodo (ex: your Freep--> Gimly Resistance 5)

with my recommend you gain 4 cheap minions.. so probably the RB need figth ... if he figth he could put the one ring so your win condition is there... Return to its master.

for these resasons things i recommend to use brutes.

In my list i also include 2x Enquea of course but it´s another philosophy of deck with only 3 twilight nazz. ( 4 Morgul king, 3 Toldea Winged , 2 Enquea , 3 twili nelya, 2 cantea , 4 brutes, 4 destroyer, Gollum Dad, ....)

But its my oppinion, probably other players could help too.