LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ugh! The frustrations of Block Rotation rear it's ugly head ... again!  (Read 3043 times)

January 17, 2011, 09:10:25 PM
Read 3043 times

ScottieB

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Sigh ... I'm ranting ... but meh!

After a bit of break from this game, I've decided to dust off some decks and re-jig after some new perspective and even newer cards...

The aim was simple, see if I could get a couple of them up to "Standard" play now all sets are released....

To that end, my FAV deck, an Eleven telepathy deck will never be standard!!!  I have no idea what to replace 6U16 - Forearmed with !  I've gone through the database, and nothing appears as a suitable replacement...

But what makes it even more annoying is Mysterious Wizard ended up reprinted in series 12 (minor variation) as did Betrayal of Isengard (there are others I know).  I don't recall ANY decks that were made unviable for missing those two cards, but forearmed was kinda good, used often, and really needed for this one... !!!

Whinge, whinge I know ...

Anyways - if you played with the deck type and had it smashed to peices by rotation, what did you do?  Did you get creative and figure out something just as good, or just relegate to the dust bin of fond memory ?

(and yes - I'm being a drama queen, but we need more posting activity around here apparently, and I'm grumpy enough to provide such a service at this time... LOL)

January 17, 2011, 10:31:46 PM
Reply #1

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Ugh! The frustrations of Block Rotation rear it's ugly head ... again!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »
Attunement works very well.

January 18, 2011, 12:45:23 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:45:23 AM »
You are not bound to play standard. There are a lot of people who enjoy movieblock a lot!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 18, 2011, 03:50:14 AM
Reply #3

Kralik

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:50:14 AM »
You might also try Expanded...?

January 18, 2011, 05:17:42 AM
Reply #4

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:17:42 AM »
Actually, there are more people who play Movie and Towers Standard than Standard. At least as far as GCCG is concerned.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

January 18, 2011, 08:55:46 PM
Reply #5

ScottieB

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »
Ha - yeah, I know - seems to be alot of good will for the movie block.  With that said, I was simply feeling frustrated that the whole Foresight thing was smashed for me.  With the newer sets coming in, Decipher seemed to replace alot of good cards from a rotated block, but tweaked them slightly, such:

4C279   Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
15C125 Eowyn, Willing Fighter

Basically the same thing, but now it promotes the new cards (Hunter) and/or tightens up it's use within the culture.  I get that, and it's no biggie.  I'm just annoyed they didn't bring my card across as well ! LOL

I'm now using an expanded deck...

I know; whinge, whinge, waaa whaa ... :-D

January 19, 2011, 01:58:14 AM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 01:58:14 AM »
I for myself liked the pre-hunters standard quite a lot. 4-13. Still some old options, expecially the forearmed bit and some new additions. Mountaindwarves were also hilarious. Elrond Witness with a banner, niceroo!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 20, 2011, 08:39:40 AM
Reply #7

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
Movie block is the game that i left, so it's the game that I came back to. Though I do occasionally play 4-13 just to use some new cards. However I always lament the lack of 1-3 cards that I could have included... so yeah, block rotation makes me sad. I get it though. You don't have to play Expanded for very long to figure out the benefits of block rotation =)
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com