LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Preliminary Discussion: Forces of Mordor  (Read 7974 times)

February 24, 2011, 10:21:29 AM
Reply #15

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Preliminary Discussion: Forces of Mordor
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 10:21:29 AM »
No, I think that Sauron Swarm/ Wounding is, as it stands, a viable and good Deck. I play Sauron Wounding by myself, and I once tried to play with 4 Forces of Mordor, but it's just way to good. It's beyond each power, it adds massive amounts of Twilight without any Drawback. I managed to get 2 one Site 2 and got an instant kill, being able to play all of my minions.

Some cards that abuse it in particular:

Morgul Skirmisher (maybe not the best, but still, exhausting a hobbit or two and then finish him off with Hate really can be a big deal.)

Seeking Its Master (can do massive amounts of card drawing which often leads to victory.)

Band of the Eye (make him discard a lot of cards.

Strength Born of Fear (this card sucks, but you get the point.)

Those are the Sauron cards that take advantage of the Twilight-adding-thing, not considering other cultures though (you could easily splash Attea, Keeper of Dol Guldur just to have a 17 strength fierce minion or any other minion, I could even see a combination of Moria and Sauron wounding being fueled by Forces of Mordor).

The main problem is: No matter what, the card is gonna be played in each Sauron Deck at least 3 times and would make massive blowouts, especially considering there is no rule of 4 in the Shadow Phase for making all these draw-cards happen.

February 24, 2011, 05:37:39 PM
Reply #16

Kralik

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »
Since Sauron is roaming until site 6, and choke is very, very common in FotR, I can't envision the massive amounts of twilights you are suggesting, even with forces. In many FotR games I'm lucky if I can get 2-3 Sauron minions out before site 5-6. This is including the trackers that help with roaming costs. If I happen to have 2x Forces of Mordor in my hand, that's 4-6 twilight? And if I save up for a bomb--well, that's something you can do with any shadow and it's just part of a strategy. Change of Plans. ;)

February 25, 2011, 09:31:10 AM
Reply #17

Kralik

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
I made a "***Playtesting Rules***" table on GCCG for anyone who wants to try Forces of Mordor unrestricted in FotR block.