LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: My Hunters and their Hobbits.  (Read 4989 times)

March 07, 2011, 07:22:38 AM
Read 4989 times

JerryRice80

My Hunters and their Hobbits.
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:22:38 AM »
Ok I need some help tweaking this deck.

The One Ring ATAR
Frodo OBH

Merry FTS(Start)
Pippin HoSI(Start)
Legolas DH(Start)
Aragorn Wingfoot x3
Gimli LockBearer x1
Farmer Maggot CoS x2
Ranger Sword x1
Armor x1(Gondor)
Gimli's Battle Axe x1
Hand Axe x1
Dwarven Bracers x1
Gimli's Helm x1
Hobbit Sword x2
Frying Pan x1
Long-Knives of Legolas x1
Bow of the Galadhrim x1
My Axe is Notched x1
Final Count x1
Escape x1
Axe Strike x2
Khazad Ai-manu x2
SotNK x4

Ok so 32 cards.

Uruk Seaker x2
Uruk Foot Soldier x2
Uruk Hunter x2
Uruk Chaser x2
Uruk Follower x2
Ugluk SoS x3
Mauhur PL x3
Saruman SotE x2
Weary x2
Sarumans Ambition x2
Broad-Bladed Sword x4
Ugluk's Sword x1
StMTN x1(Maybe switch for another Ugluk's Sword?)
Vengeance x2
The Palantir of Orthanc x1
Greed x1
Uruk Pursuer x2(Maybe Shotgun, Enquea? :-k )

So first things first. Would it be better to start Legolas or Gimli with Merry and Pippin?  :-k So hopefully Aragorn will come out sooner then later to make moving easier. And also Farmer Maggot early enough is key to set up the Merry FtS and Farmer Maggot with OBH combo. So if not fighting orcs(Frying Pan)make Pippin lunch meat to avoid Greed or Shotgun, Enquea. So Merry will pump companions and Aragorn for easier moving. So pretty simple.

So for Shadow get Saruman SotE and Weary combo for devestation....well maybe not devestation but still good combo. Now your a weakness is alot of Archery but with Broad-Bladed Sword should help with that. What do you think for swaping 2 Saruman's Ambition and put in 2 weary for a better combo? And for my Trackers to  win skirmishes The Palantir of Orthanc will really help and clog opponents hands.

So can use some work but that's why I posted it here.  :mrgreen: So thought are appriciated very much. Oh and a Site path would be appriciated.

Thanks, JerryRice80.

March 07, 2011, 11:53:30 AM
Reply #1

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: My Hunters and their Hobbits.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »
what are your sites?
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

March 07, 2011, 05:15:16 PM
Reply #2

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »

March 07, 2011, 05:33:41 PM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »
Why even run Gimli? I think that Pippin, Mr. Took would be a nice combination with the choking (granted, you couldn't combine that phase action with the site that tutors Aragorn) and you wouldn't get in Enquea trouble.

You could find some conservative pumps...Hobbit Intuition? Dagger Strike? and then make the Hobbits more of a threat.

Of course, you could just throw in some skirmish cancelers and Bounders.
-wtk

March 07, 2011, 06:43:08 PM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 06:43:08 PM »
Well, let me enlighten your FP side. If the idea is having Merry as a pump of sorts, and then Feeding Pippin to some monster along the way, Dauntless Hunter is not doing you THAT much good increasing the cost by 1, but still... Also, Wingfoot will deal 1 wound period, since you're killing Pippin, so I'd just ditch Wingfoot for King in Exile, as he heals both Gimli and Legolas. I'd also play 1 more Gimli's Helm, as Lockbearer+King in Exile is deadly to a lot of Shadows if you only take 1 a turn. I'd also consider losing Aragorn's pumps for Flaming Brand, another Ranger's Sword and Ring of Barahir (the fourth one would become Gimli's Helm). I'd also drop 2 Dwarven pumps for another copy of both conditions to PERMANENTLY enhance their strength quicker. On second thought, I'd start Gimli and Legolas (and change him to the one that heals Gimli if he wins a skirmish) and simply lose Pippin for another copy of Merry (and probably 1xWingfoot/King in Exile for even a 3rd copy).

March 07, 2011, 07:53:28 PM
Reply #5

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
I would go with FM's suggestions, except that Flaming Brand is banned in TS.

I looked over your Shadow and I've got a couple suggestions.  I would only use one of each Uruk Hunter and Uruk Follower (maybe lose the Follower altogether).  I would add more Uruk Chaser instead.  The other thing I would try to do is maybe drop the Saruman's Ambition for a couple copies of Worry.  Then add Enquea to use the burdens that Worry would generate.  Just a couple thoughts.

March 09, 2011, 09:04:42 AM
Reply #6

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »
I'd also advise using Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn, as the Uruk-hai strength bonus far overweights the damage bonus you lose.