LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Uruk Trackers  (Read 5484 times)

March 18, 2011, 02:01:11 PM
Read 5484 times

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Uruk Trackers
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:01:11 PM »
I'm looking for a decent Movie Block build of uruk trackers.  I know they'll never be as good as they are in Tower Standard and they aren't as good as most other movie block shadows, but I have the foils to build them so I want to build the best Movie Block version I can.  I used the search function but couldn't find any lists already posted, but does anyone have a decent list to share?

March 18, 2011, 03:16:48 PM
Reply #1

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
Re: Uruk Trackers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
Here's how my deck looks like:

4x Uruk Searcher
3x Uruk Seeker
3x Uruk Plains Runner
2x Uruk Hunter
2x Mauhur, PL
3x Ugluk, SoS
2x Grima, Wormtongue
2x Saruman, SotE

3x Broad-Bladed Sword

4x Weary
3x Many Riddles
1x Rest While You Can
1x Greed

2x Kill Them Now
2x Vengeance

That's 37 cards. It's a lot, but I pair it with a very fast freeps with good cycling abilities. It actually doesn't have any cards outside of TS format so it's good there too. The main minion here is Uruk Searcher. Don't waste him just to get rid of him from hand, use him good. A combo that almost guarantees at least 1 kill is Uruk Searcher, Broad-Bladed Sword, Saruman, SotE and a search card on a companion (especially if you have an event in hand).

I run 3x Many Riddles and 1x Rest While You Can because I found the exertion needed for Many Riddles is often too high a cost for me, but you can make any changes as you seem fit.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

March 18, 2011, 04:03:17 PM
Reply #2

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
Since king block only has one isengard card, any TS tracker deck will be a movie one as well.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

March 18, 2011, 05:21:13 PM
Reply #3

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »
Since king block only has one isengard card, any TS tracker deck will be a movie one as well.

Right but the companions from the later sets are much stronger and thus Trackers aren't nearly as good in Movie Block as they were up through set 6.  Glorfindel, Gil-Galad, Elendil with Narsil, etc all eat trackers and then kill them in the fierce, which wasn't as big of a problem before the power creep in companions that happened in the King sets.  I think a list for Movie Block isn't just going to be a carbon copy from TS if it wants to be semi-effective at getting stops.

March 18, 2011, 05:28:05 PM
Reply #4

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
Would Lurtz's Battle Cry be a good event to add in?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

March 18, 2011, 05:51:42 PM
Reply #5

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
Would Lurtz's Battle Cry be a good event to add in?

I think so.  I tend to play 1 copy of that in just about every uruk deck because it can be so brutal and get a kill when the opponent was expecting to take a wound.

March 19, 2011, 03:11:51 AM
Reply #6

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 03:11:51 AM »
Right but the companions from the later sets are much stronger and thus Trackers aren't nearly as good in Movie Block as they were up through set 6.  Glorfindel, Gil-Galad, Elendil with Narsil, etc all eat trackers and then kill them in the fierce, which wasn't as big of a problem before the power creep in companions that happened in the King sets.  I think a list for Movie Block isn't just going to be a carbon copy from TS if it wants to be semi-effective at getting stops.

Actually, the deck I suggested works quite good in movie. Against all those characters you mentioned also. These are the types of decks that I had problem with:

Ents - simply too much of them and if I don't draw an early Greed or my opponent runs Albert Dreary or Deep In Thought, my trackers can do some damage, but nothing more than that.

Certain types of wounding decks - sometimes archery causes trouble, but a well placed Broad-Bladed Sword can deal death and destruction

Fortification Knights - this depends on a draw. If they don't get key fortification early, they can die easily. If you're seeing a lot them, throw in a copy of Saruman's Power

Almost any other type of freeps get eaten, especially 5 comp-beatdown freeps. No Glorfindel or Elendil can save them if you play it right.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)