LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Help with deck  (Read 3609 times)

April 06, 2011, 02:34:05 PM
Read 3609 times

TheHobbit13

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Help with deck
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »
RARES
Leyline of Vitality (x3)
Ezuri, Renegade Leader
Oracle of Mul Daya
Spawnsire of Ulamog

UNCOMMON
Greenweaver Druid
Pathrazer of Ulamog
Dreamstone Hedron
Pelakka Wurm
Joraga Treespeaker
Acidic Slime (x4)
Awakener Druid (x4)

OTHER
Fog (x4)
Llanowar Elves (x4)
Overgrown Battlement (x4)
Primal Cocoon
Ezuri's Archers
Growth Spasm (x4)
23 Forest (1 foil)

I no just about nothing about MTG... Are any of these cards worth something, and is this a decent deck? I just acquired it in a trade.

April 07, 2011, 05:15:53 AM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Help with deck
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:15:53 AM »
This is what we call a "ramp" deck. Basically, the idea is to make mana more efficiently (either by putting more lands into play or by playing creatures that will then make mana) so you can get to a point where you're playing 6-7 mana threats and your opoonent is still at 3-4 lands himself. The idea is solid, has worked before, and currently "kind" of works again, although in differente configurations. THe deck is fun to play, but it has a fundamental problems, where you draw "the wrong half" of your deck (meaning, you draw your Ulamog's, Pelakka's and Hedron's but no ramp spells; or you have already 6-7 mana out by turn 4, but keep drawing ramp spells and lose due to not being able to do anything).
At first glance, Leylines are more of a sideboard card, so you'd be ok removing them. Also, you need lands both in your hand and in your deck to play your turn and fetch with spells, so I'd go up to at least 24. Then, you don't seem to have a lot of threats, so I'd consider packing a bit more, like Avenger of Zendikar, for instance. Keep in mind, though, that this is a fun deck, not a competitive one, since monocolored decks have some fundamental flaws in them that can usually only be corrected by adding in other colors. For instance, aside from trading your early mana producers like Llanowar Elves and Joraga Treespeaker (inneficient for you) or blocking with Overgrown Battlement (rarely good enough), a good Red and White aggro deck will roll you over, since it has cheaper creatures, is faster than you (white), and has ways to either interact with your creatures - which you can't with theirs -, or to finish you off even if you succeed in dropping some fat on the table, if you are already low on life (red).
Hope this little insight helps you.

April 09, 2011, 09:37:01 AM
Reply #2

TheHobbit13

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:37:01 AM »
Yeah, thanks. Can't take any of your suggestions though cuz I don't have any other cards! The guy said it was a fun deck to play and I just got it to play someone causually if they wanted. thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

I would like to collect a few cards though cuz it just seems so interesting and I really like the characters.

April 11, 2011, 04:46:48 AM
Reply #3

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:46:48 AM »
Well, you can buy a lot of cards fit for fun decks for about 0.10 to 0.15, so, yeah... Just roll with it if you're happy, or look some stuff up on internet stores.