LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Corruption circles  (Read 4602 times)

June 05, 2011, 08:36:01 PM
Read 4602 times

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Corruption circles
« on: June 05, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »
3x The Witch-King, Captain of the Nine Riders
3x Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow
2x Ulaire Enquea, Black Threat
2x Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the one
2x Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman
2x Ulaire Nelya, Thrall of the One
2x Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter
1x Ulaire Toldea, Thrall of the One

4x Lingering Shadow
3x Lost in the Woods
4x Gates of the Dead City

3x Keening Wail
3x Dark Fell About Him

Drop as many sense of obligations as possible and as there is no limit to how many someone can bear, I'm pretty good against solos as well.  Then start stacking burdens and exerting with GotDC until you get someone exhausted.  Then you slam them with DFAH and wind up with a lot more burdens and wounds.  Comments?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:47:50 PM by Haszor »

June 05, 2011, 08:51:57 PM
Reply #1

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Corruption circles
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
don't especially like the decklist to be honest. i've always run nazzy auto-corrupt with self healing enduring nazzies. that way you can have a better chance of pulling off a DFAH. but whatever, having only 3x gates of the dead city could also be problematic. if you only have 1 or 2 by the time you want to pull the loop. you might not be adding enough exerts to force them onto the character you are healing.

but let me know how well it pulls off the loop. auto-corrupt has a special place in my heart...

June 05, 2011, 09:27:23 PM
Reply #2

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman seems like a must with a Lingering Shadow deck.

mm has already made the point that this isn't the most efficient deck, mainly because the auto-corrupt he speaks of involves more focus on DfAH and GotDC than Lingering Shadow. You are incorporating both ideas which is probably where this will stumble.

Cards like The Pale Blade are a prime example of efficiency killers. The odds of pulling it when it could be useful are only between 1 to 5% (I wont bore you with the mathematics behind it).
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

June 05, 2011, 09:30:51 PM
Reply #3

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
Agreed with whats been said, and I'd also personally drop all the lost in the woods for something else.

TJ: Off topic, but I use The Pale Blade with The witch-king, Morgul King and it works great :)
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

June 05, 2011, 09:34:16 PM
Reply #4

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
TJ: Off topic, but I use The Pale Blade with The witch-king, Morgul King and it works great :)

Mathematically speaking, with that setup, those are some good odds :)

June 05, 2011, 09:59:04 PM
Reply #5

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
The thing with lingering shadow is if I drop a few on a comp and then max heal that comp with DFAH I add anywhere from 8-25 burdens.  They're also nice at sanctuaries, or any freeps healing.  I thought of running the enduring healing nazguls but I'm not sure if it'll be as effective, as I lose the fierce skirmish which is an extra opportunity to wound them and trigger DFAH (though its also a chance for them to wound me and prevent DFAH.)  So the lingering shadow is staying every time I used it, it turned out to be a real hamstring maneuver on them.  Lost in the woods is a constant buff that is cheap and allows me to win more skirmishes.  And the Jord why is Dark Horseman so useful here?  I just don't see it, he can't use DFAH and is not that likely to win skirmishes unless I get lucky and assign him.

June 05, 2011, 10:28:54 PM
Reply #6

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »
Dark Horseman will usually mean you get Lingering Shadow on who you want it on.

June 05, 2011, 10:37:40 PM
Reply #7

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »
ohohoh brilliant....