LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: There and Gone Again (Free Peoples Only)  (Read 2729 times)

June 13, 2011, 02:23:21 PM
Read 2729 times

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
There and Gone Again (Free Peoples Only)
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
Well seems NK got bored again one day before work and was fooling around with deck building. I always wanted to build a deck using scouting (for what reason I have no idea). I highly doubt it is viable to play so any pointers or ideas would be useful here. As always deck list followed by a strategy.

Bearer and Ring
*The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry (7R2)
*Frodo, Tired Traveller (4C302)

Fellowship (32)
1x *Gandalf, Leader of Men (8R15) (starting)
1x *Merry, Learned Guide (4C310) (starting)
1x *Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (7R324) (starting)
1x *Smeagol, Slinker (5R29) (starting)
1x *Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor (1U70)
3x *Gandalf, Greyhame (4R89)
1x *Sam, Son Of Hamfast (1C311)
2x Birthday Present (10R104)
3x Scouting (7R68)
3x Sent Back (9R27)
4x Shadowplay (10U114)
2x Make Haste (10C109)
4x Saved From The Fire (8R20)
3x Wielder of the Flame (2U28)
2x *Sting, Baggins Heirloom (5R116)

Strategy:

Get a SFtF in starting hand or mulligan. Burn Gandalf grab Sent Back your other Gandalf and an extra copy of SFtF. One turn 2 burn Merry to grab Sam, Birthday Present and Make Haste (if you already have any of those grab Shadowplay in their place. Use shadowplay on any minion that comes into play with more than two vitality and for maneuver hit them with Scouting and Make Haste. Can make Gandalf defender +1 (or more) with Wielder of the Flame and then toss him with Sent Back and replay him again with same card. Gandalf lets you play Smeagol again during the fellowship phase and with Frodo's text the burden goes bye bye. Use Birthday Present to keep the Make Haste(S) in hand and when you replay Sam, Son of Hamfast he removes a burden via Frodo's text and 2 more when exhausted. Barliman Butterbur is here to retrieve Wielder of the Flame when needed to ensure you can make him defender +1. As for the threats being added and piling up I went with The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry not only in case of archery but when Gandalf is sacrificed with Sent Back you can already have the ring on from maneuver and the threats become burdens and get peeled when Sam is replayed.  So basically survive survive survive and hope your shadow can get you a win :up:.

Granted it's probably not a very competitive deck, but the game wouldn't be much fun if you couldn't come up with lame brain ideas like this. Anyway if anyone knows of something to improve the deck or any errors in the way cards are being played or whatnot post away :up:.

NK
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?