LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ithilian Blade and Madril DoO  (Read 5313 times)

November 25, 2011, 04:21:41 PM
Read 5313 times

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Ithilian Blade and Madril DoO
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »
Does anyone have some good Shadow ideas for killing off a Madril, DoO/Ithilian Blade deck? I haven't played against it yet (it's my bro's new deck), and I want to kill it off the first time around. From what I understand, it runs with mass threats so that minions become roaming and Ithilian blade can discard them.

I was thinking corsairs wouldn't be bad at getting rid of the Ithilian Blades, and that I might be able to use a dwarf/sauron combo to mill the deck down (It's got like 30-35 cards per side). Any other suggestions?

November 26, 2011, 04:36:36 AM
Reply #1

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Ithilian Blade and Madril DoO
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »
mumak commander gats, mumak rider, orkish lackey are great. Also whe the shadow player has initiative, its the shadow player who get the first maneuver action so some initiative nazgul with cantea faster than wind can work too. You can always splash ships of great draught just to get rid of all the threats even though you are not playing corsairs.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 04:39:46 AM by Invincible »

November 26, 2011, 10:52:19 AM
Reply #2

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »
Thanks. I already have a GatS / Hate minion side that includes suffered much loss, so I guess I will mix in some mumak riders.

November 26, 2011, 11:00:13 AM
Reply #3

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
I don't think the shadow can ever have first maneuver action.  Any kind of shadow threat removal will work, 19P18 at an underground packs a major punch too, but isn't enough to rely on.  Any form of shadow phase possession discarding, ie: Corsair Marauder, mumak rider, works well.  I wouldn't recommend trying the GATS/Hate/Orkish lackey because the only way it's really going to do anything is with very few threats and if you have a lot he'll leave you with maybe one orkish lackey to squeeze a wound off and it won't be enough.  So ultimately I'd recommend using 3x Demon of Might, 4x Orkish Lackey, 4x Ships of Great Draught, and as many underground/battleground sites as you can find and something to help cycle and reuse minions.

November 26, 2011, 02:15:39 PM
Reply #4

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
In the rule book under the initiative rule it clearly says that if the shadow player has initiative he gets the first maneuver action, I'm not making it up.

November 26, 2011, 03:22:00 PM
Reply #5

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
All I need is one turn where the Ithilian Blade isn't active and I can kill off Madril and go from there. I may add in 2x Bold and Cunning to help discard Ithilian Blades.

November 26, 2011, 04:11:48 PM
Reply #6

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
In the rule book under the initiative rule it clearly says that if the shadow player has initiative he gets the first maneuver action, I'm not making it up.

Which rulebook? There's no reference to initiative at all in the starter rulebook...
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

November 26, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
Reply #7

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 04:20:04 PM »

I just checked the comprehensive rulebook, and saw nothing about this ruling.  And I've been here since about the beginning and have never seen anyone reference said ruling.  I'd say the burden of proof is on you here.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

November 27, 2011, 04:07:11 AM
Reply #8

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 04:07:11 AM »
I also checked the RotK rulebook. It is not there. I appologise. I remebered at the release of RotK we had a tournament and the has been a big manuver argument i which 2 players next to me needed a juge, I'm pretty sure grima wormtongue was involved but I must be mistaken on what the ruling was. All I now is a juge took the RotK rulebook and called the ruling for the shadow side. I listened to th whole thing since my deck involved a lot of maneuver and I had it since towers (duntless hunter).

Anyway, since I also started to had doubt, I checked and couldn't find it, but now I'm curious to know what did happen during this tournament.