LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Help with Knight/Southron Deck  (Read 3911 times)

January 06, 2012, 12:31:10 PM
Read 3911 times

Alzarac

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Help with Knight/Southron Deck
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:31:10 PM »
Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles

Companions:
X1 Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon - Starting
X1 Ingold - Starting
X2 Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
X2 Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath
X1 Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth
X1 Garrison of Gondor

Possessions:
X4 Gondor Bow
X3 Knight's Mount
X3 Banner of Westernesse
X2 Catapult

Conditions:
X4 Sixth Level
X3 Fourth Level
X3 Fifth Level
X2 Ithilien Trap
X1 Citadel of the Stars

Events:
Nil

Shadow:

Minions:
X4 Mumak Chieftain
X4 Southron Invaders
X2 Southron Marcher
X2 Southron Runner

Possessions:
X2 Mumakil
X2 Mumak
X3 Ships of Great Draught
X3 Raider Halberd

Conditions:
X3 Field of the Fallen
X2 Line of Defense
X2 Rallying Call
X4 Seasoned Leader
X2 Ithilien Wilderness

So the Knights generally walk all over everyone, but now these guys are constantly discarding all my conditions.  once all the sixth level are gone, I'm done.  What should I do about that?

As for the shadow, I need some advice.  I started by taking a deck another guy was using, or a few of the main cards anyway, and trying to change it to work for my own.  The whole idea is to give Mumak Commander mounts, Raider Halberd, and Seasoned Leader.  Then use Field of the Fallen to exert them.  If it's not out, I use the Raider Halberd.  Problem is, I don't always have enough minions.  Another idea I had was to add more mounts and a few copies of Army of Haradrim.  That way I can bounce some more mounts onto the less powerful guys.  Another thing I do, is use Ships of Great Draught to get one copy of Southron Invaders to my hand.  Next turn they all come out.  What do you guys think?  
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:01:34 AM by Alzarac »

January 06, 2012, 08:47:13 PM
Reply #1

uncle_elrond

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Help with Knight/Southron Deck
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
I'll just comment on the Shadow for now.  I would probably go for Mumak Chieftan over Mumak Commander.  For the Commander to work, there needs to be 6 companions and 6 threats, which isn't too likely.  Chieftan allows you to play a free Mumak which is always nice.  Personally I think you need more minions because as it is you need to spot a minion to use the Southron Invader's ability and the Commander also requires a spot.  Without using Ships of Great Draught a lot or if the opponent has good possession removal, you could be in trouble.  Other minions that you could consider in the deck would be Southron Fighter and Southron Traveler, if you keep the ambush route.  The other thing that you should consider is adding cards like Whirling Strike or Red Wrath.  If you add the twilight from ambush and Mumaks, you should be able to pile on some extra wounds that way too.