LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gandalf/Theoden  (Read 5588 times)

February 18, 2012, 02:43:15 PM
Read 5588 times

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Gandalf/Theoden
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
Hey everyone

I'm looking for some critique on my Gandalf/Theoden deck. It has performed pretty well vs. most minion sides, though is pretty weak to archery.

SF:
Frodo, Courteous Halfling
Ring: The One Ring, The Great Ring
Theoden, The Renowned
Theodred, Second Marshal of the Mark

Gandalf, Leader of the Company x3
Eomer, Heir to Meduseld x2
Rohirrim Doorwarden x2
Rohan Stable Master x1
Coif x1
Eomer's Spear x1
Firefoot, Mearas of the Mark x1
Herugrim, Sword of the Mark x1
Rider's Bow x2
Rider's Spear
Snowmane, Noble Mearas x1
Hearken to Me x2
Pallando, FTO x2
Fortress Never Fallen x1
Simbelmyne x3
Erkenbrand's Horn x1
Glamdring, Foe Hammer x1
Rohirrim Helm x1
Sturdy Shield x1
Sting, Elven Long Knife x1
Armor x1
An Honorable Charge x3

I run an Isengard Warg Riders deck with this which is overall pretty effective. The total card count is 37.

March 22, 2012, 12:22:34 AM
Reply #1

Panch

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • Honorable lord
Re: Gandalf/Theoden
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:22:34 AM »
I would switch Courteous Halfling for Resolute Hobbit. Other than that looks good. Im not a fan of the Armor or not running Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark. I love Gandalf, Leader of the Company, mayb also you could add a Deep In Thought? Erkenbrand with Erkenbrands Shield would be cool, or Throne of the Golden Hall for unseen wounds. Surrendered Weapons is always good combo'd with Rohirrim Helm and Sword Rack also.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."- Eddard Stark

March 22, 2012, 01:31:25 AM
Reply #2

Vroengard

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:25 AM »
You need more firepower behind that. Gandalf is maximum 10 strength with everything and no skirmish events for him to use. Switch An Honorable Charge with Servant of the Secret Fire, at least 3 Simbelmyne, Gamling, defender of the Hornburg in starting fellow and theoden in deck, as well as Gamling's Horn.
Just an idea :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:37:16 AM by Vroengard »

March 22, 2012, 02:04:03 AM
Reply #3

Panch

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • Honorable lord
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:04:03 AM »
Id say take out the horns and followers except for a Rohirrim Doorwarden, and throw in a Brego, and start  Gamling, defender of the Hornburg and Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark. Id also go for the old school Firefoot and herugrim

March 22, 2012, 09:22:52 AM
Reply #4

Yrael

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »
I would switch Courteous Halfling for Resolute Hobbit. Other than that looks good. Im not a fan of the Armor or not running Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark. I love Gandalf, Leader of the Company, mayb also you could add a Deep In Thought? Erkenbrand with Erkenbrands Shield would be cool, or Throne of the Golden Hall for unseen wounds. Surrendered Weapons is always good combo'd with Rohirrim Helm and Sword Rack also.

Changing frodo might be a good idea, same with Eomer. I'll try it out. I have FNF and pallando for conditions, so I'm not too worried about those. The armor is actually really useful, since theoden regularly gets up to 6 vitality, so he can tank any saurons or balrogs that come out (not to mention uruk-hai)

You need more firepower behind that. Gandalf is maximum 10 strength with everything and no skirmish events for him to use. Switch An Honorable Charge with Servant of the Secret Fire, at least 3 Simbelmyne, Gamling, defender of the Hornburg in starting fellow and theoden in deck, as well as Gamling's Horn.
Just an idea :)

I will definately switch honorable charge, but I am trying to keep my card count low, so I don't really want to add any more companions in (also, I always seem to die when I violate rule of 6.

Also, gandalf isn't my fighter, hes more support. Theoden is my main fighter and eomer is my secondary.

March 22, 2012, 02:45:49 PM
Reply #5

Panch

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • Honorable lord
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:49 PM »
Yeah maybe try staring Eomer and Gamling, using gamling to thin out the deck and Simbelmyne out theoden and gandalf.