LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Beastly Ednew w/ Gandy support  (Read 4134 times)

September 15, 2008, 01:28:15 AM
Read 4134 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Beastly Ednew w/ Gandy support
« on: September 15, 2008, 01:28:15 AM »
So I was wanting to make a deck aruond Theoden, Ednew; I saw some beastly possibilities for him. Here's my crack at it. Critique is much obliged :up:

(35 total)
Companions:
RB: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer; The One Ring, The Ruling Ring
Theoden, Ednew (Starting)
Aldred, Eored Soldier (Starting)
Eomer, Horsemaster
Riders of the Mark (sub with Haethen, Veteran Fighter?)
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x4

Possessions:
Hobbit Sword
Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
Snowmane, Noble Mearas
Brego
Rider's Mount x2
Rider's Spear
Eomer's Spear, Trusty Weapon
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer (don't have it; using Lightning Brand for now -.-)
Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed (or Gandalf's Staff)

Conditions:
Hearken to me
G for Grand x4
Measure of Comfort x3

Events:
Ride With Me x3
Simbelmyne x3
Servant of the Secret Fire x3

The strategy here is to get out Gandalf and abuse G for Grand. Measure of Comfort helps with keeping resistance high, and Foe-Hammer should keep burdens off to guarantee that G for Grand will always kick in (Anyone have a For-Hammer for trade? PM me! :))
With all the good stuff out there, all the companions should be +4 strength at all times, ensuring safe passage through the site path.

Also, what would be a good Shadow to pair with this deck?
I need help with this deck though; critique brutally :] Thanks! :up:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:37:01 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

September 15, 2008, 06:35:11 AM
Reply #1

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Beastly Ednew w/ Gandy support
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:35:11 AM »
  Hey man toss Haethen, Veteran Fighter in! He is one of the most useful  [Rohan] companions you can get.

Cut some Servant of the Secret Fire cause you don´t start Gandalf and this probably will clog your hand since you have shadowfax, glamdring, staff, etc. Since your meta depends heavy on Gandy i would say:

- Add one more copy of Gandalf to ensure he shows up early (to play his stuff) and keep him healed

- Cut two to four Servant of Secret Fire

- Exchange one Rider´s mount for one Brego (4U263)

- Add Haethen, Veteran Fighter. If you fear spoting 6 companions just let Aldred die (obviously depending on what shadow you are facing it´s better keep him breathing)

- Add Gandalf's Staff (2R22) cause his hability of cancel skirmishes is awesome and you can make your servant free in the case you use it... Of course you should consider Grima, Wormtongue so it´s up to you

- Maybe will be a good thing have some way to get some key possession back from discard...

- I´m assuming you choosing The Ruling Ring cause you don´t have other choices avaliable...

- Maybe it´s good have some more Frodo backup besides hobbit sword and G For Grand...

That´s just my thoghts...

September 15, 2008, 02:43:38 PM
Reply #2

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »
Thanks; Well, I could always run Merry, Swordthain instead of Aldred, and add Shadowplay in to the deck, like TheJord suggested in another post, but I was trying to stray from that idea.. Hmm.. I'll think about it. Any other critiques? :]
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

September 15, 2008, 03:38:46 PM
Reply #3

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »
I would higly recommend the Shadowplay/Unheeded/Rohirrim Guard/more Unheeded! I forgot to put in Daddy-twofoot so you can replay Unheeded constantly.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

September 15, 2008, 03:40:58 PM
Reply #4

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »
Lol I'd love that too, but I have no Unheeded (hence why I didn't wanna make the deck lol!)

Trade List

September 16, 2008, 02:47:48 AM
Reply #5

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 02:47:48 AM »
You need Shadowplay, cause otherwise Pepin the Brave will kick your #$&*@! with Trolls. This guy is fun to play against, but his decks are not! :D
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

September 16, 2008, 03:08:25 AM
Reply #6

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »
Lol trolls? They got nothing against my Smeagol chokes 8) If anything, I'll throw some [Gondor] men to slay said trolls ;)

Trade List

September 16, 2008, 05:57:38 AM
Reply #7

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:57:38 AM »
   Go with GE advice and put Shadowplay in it!  Actually i have crushed Solo Smeagol with Keyward plus 3 big fat fierce damage+1 Trolls these days. The best way of keeping troll swarm controled is to make Keyward unable to use his exertions. I´m just begining to learn how to play this deck and belive me, even if you give little twilight a good troll swarm will be able to play at least 2 big trolls at table at some moment. And gets even worse when they came with toys  :twisted:

Shadowplay is a very effective way of disrupt this deck (and i would say 90% of the decks). With these modifications you probably will have bad times only against swarm decks. But anyway, if you start to change your deck like this you will have a shadowplay deck instead of a Beastly Ednew one, and i don´t know if that is your goal.

GE tell about my Trolls but it´s really not funny face Sauron and Balrog (at an underground) at the same game  :evil:

For your companion i would say stick with Haethen, Veteran Fighter cause you will laught when he gets the fierce balrog equiped only with a spear and simply nothing happens.... With Ride With Me at hand he can face almost every big fierce minion without risk of a unpredictable death... Riders of the marks is nice too, but i personally prefer Haethen by far.

September 16, 2008, 12:18:41 PM
Reply #8

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »
Lol I'll consider, but I need to get my hands on said cards (Shadowplay, Unheeded, Heathen) so you see my dilemma..

Trade List