LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: SITE 2 SWARM  (Read 5427 times)

April 19, 2012, 03:16:14 PM
Read 5427 times

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
SITE 2 SWARM
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
Here is a new deck concept I had for Fellowship Block! I am 1-2 on Gemp with it so far. The objective is to swarm your opponent at site 2, and if you can't win that way, you can still try site 4, and if it is still not working, try site 7 (if your fellowship can survive until there). The fellowship just filters your draw deck. Some specific cards can really hurt this deck, but the odds that your opponent will get them at site 2 are quite low.

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir
Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure deck:
Hobbiton Party Field
Breeland Forest
Rivendell Terrace
Pass of Caradhras
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Caras Galadhon
Anduin Wilderland
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Wastes of Emyn Muil

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim (S)
1x Merry, Horticulturalist
1x Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
1x Sam, Faithful Companion
4x Elrond, Lord of Rivendell
1x Albert Dreary, Entertainer From Bree
1x Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
1x Ottar, Man of Laketown
1x Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
1x Farmer Maggot, Chaser of Rascals
1x Bill the Pony
4x Thror's Map
4x A Wizard Is Never Late
4x Speak "Friend" and Enter
4x Practically Everyone Was Invited

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Goblin Man
4x Goblin Backstabber
4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scrabbler
4x Goblin Sneak
4x Moria Scout
1x Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow
4x Goblin Scimitar
1x Saruman's Snows

STRATEGY

Bid 7 to be 99.99% sure to win the bid and play your site one. Play everything you can, use Practically Everyone Was Invited to play Sam first. Use Thror's Map or Speak "Friend" and Enter to play your site 2 Breeland Forest. Try surviving site 2 the best you can and stay.

Then during your next shadow phase, you should have a nice hand with about 7 or 8 shadow cards. You want to have at least 1 Goblin Scrabbler to be able to play enough minions by reducing their roaming penalty. Goblin Man is useful to play first and see if your opponent has PATHS, Secret Sentinels, etc. Breeland Forest is there against stealth cards.

If that didn't work, move safely to site 3 with all your allies to sacrify and prepare another good shadow hand for site 4 Pass of Caradhras which you need to play with Thror's Map or Speak "Friend" and Enter. Try to stay alive at site 4 as well.

During your shadow phase at site 4 Pass of Caradhras, make sure that you have Goblin Man to play Saruman Snow's which will prevent Hobbit Stealth and PATHS. If this attack fail, your fellowship is likely to die soon.

April 20, 2012, 12:50:23 PM
Reply #1

Glow

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: SITE 2 SWARM
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »
Now that I see your plan with this deck I understand it more than I did when we played. Most of the time I feelt really safe untill that snow dropped. Possibly a second snow could work well do be used if that first attack is deflected and just increase the probability of having it for the first lunge.

April 23, 2012, 07:50:40 AM
Reply #2

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
What does it do vs secret sentinels? Its the bane of all snow decks. Also a lor of decks play greenleaf and/or aragorns bow, so you need sniper protection too.

April 23, 2012, 05:16:44 PM
Reply #3

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »
What does it do vs secret sentinels? Its the bane of all snow decks. Also a lor of decks play greenleaf and/or aragorns bow, so you need sniper protection too.
Yeah. Well, you hope that they dont draw it and hope that you get Moria Scout to compensate for Legolas. I played more games with this deck and ended up losing all of them. Its not so great. Perhaps it is too focused, especially the fellowship which dies too easily.

April 23, 2012, 11:48:17 PM
Reply #4

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »
I prefer the Stupid Swarm variety. Every minion costs 1-2, meaning you can usually play as many minions as you have in your hand. Isengard Warrior (and shotgun Enquea obviously) are your only minions that cost more. It works pretty well against a lot of different kinds of fellowships.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.