LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Duplicate Cards  (Read 365 times)

April 19, 2012, 10:27:38 PM
Read 365 times

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Duplicate Cards
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:27:38 PM »
So for cards that were reprinted (e.g. The One Ring, The Ruling Ring), do we want to simply copy-paste the discussion, or should we just remove the normal sections and put something like:

This card is a reprint of an earlier card, [Earlier Card Name and Link], from [Set Name].

Please refer to that card for strategy and clarifications.

This would cut down on amount of work to maintaining, especially for cards that were reprinted several times, such as the above.  I would vote for that course of action, and then for any card that might have somehow changed in context, to have a line such as the following:

This card is a reprint of an earlier card, [Earlier Card Name and Link], from [Set Name].  

In spite of being the same word-for-word, the game changed around it, and so strategy differences are detailed below.

The only loose end would then be the Promotional cards, the vast majority of which were "reprints", in spite of technically being released first in most cases.  I would also vote for priority to be made toward the "actual" card within the released set, e.g. The Balrog, Durin's Bane (2C51) would take precedence over The Balrog, Durin's Bane (P) (0P10).  This would result in the Promotional set being a little more scattered, but it would preserve clarity within the regular sets, which, frankly, lines up with the way the cards were released.

Thoughts?

[EDIT:] I've modified The One Ring, Isildur's Bane (T) to reflect how I would like to do it.

[EDIT:] Some code to be copied:

Code: [Select]
\\
\\
**//This card is a promotional reprint of another card, XXXXX, from the XXXXX set.
\\
\\
Please refer to that card for strategy and clarifications.//**
\\
\\

\\
\\
**//This card is a [url=https://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengwar]Tengwar[/url] reprint of another card, XXXXX.  Please refer to that card for strategy and clarifications.//**
\\
\\

\\
\\
**//This card is a promotional oversized reprint of another card, XXXXX.
\\
\\
Please refer to that card for strategy and clarifications.//**
\\
\\
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:07:29 PM by TelTura »
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 20, 2012, 06:19:39 AM
Reply #1

Kralik

Re: Duplicate Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »
Sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure if you want to start plowing through, but it would certainly keep things more organized.

April 20, 2012, 06:23:47 AM
Reply #2

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:23:47 AM »
One thing though, different blocks can have different strategies to the same card. I don't know how important this would be, just something to consider.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

April 20, 2012, 07:19:20 AM
Reply #3

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:19:20 AM »
Right, exactly, which is why I have that second schpiel.  If the strategy changed, just put the note and then do it business as usual.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

April 22, 2012, 06:45:19 AM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:45:19 AM »
Updated OP with style code for consistency.