LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Wiki Improvement Suggestion Thread  (Read 8109 times)

May 20, 2012, 01:11:34 PM
Reply #45

Vroengard

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Wiki Improvement Suggestion Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »
Someone also should link texts from same cards but different versions like, Merry, Swordthain has a text (it doesnt but its an example), the tengwar or in other cases the RF versions doesnt.

When I wrote a text for a card, for example, Throne of the Golden Hall, the R version has it but the RF and (O) not.

----> http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/lotr17f13

I thought there was a away that they auto update the text or so but I guess you just gotta copy and paste  :P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:13:20 PM by Vroengard »

May 20, 2012, 01:32:33 PM
Reply #46

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
Ah.  for that, a manual entry just needs to be made, I think.  Look at 0P1, 0P2, 0P10 for examples.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

May 20, 2012, 07:15:44 PM
Reply #47

Kralik

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »
Indeed -- TelTura added the promos entries by hand, as well as the alternate versions links at the bottom of each card. There are still some that will need to be edited. Keep in mind that since they ARE different cards, there are reasons to have separate wiki entries, such as to explain promo details.

May 20, 2012, 07:17:46 PM
Reply #48

Kralik

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
Also, what happened to the Lore entry of Gimli, Son of Gloin and Gimli, Son of Gloin (T)?  I haven't noticed the lore entry missing for other cards, but who knows.

Special characters such as accented vowels, fancy quotes and apostrophes, etc. break the Dokuwiki parser. I need to find a way to fix it, but most likely it will have to be a case-by-case basis of editing my master database file.

"But wait!" you say. "Doesn't Dokuwiki support UTF-8?"

Yup... but apparently not as expected when it gets the data from my pre-generated card pages. :P

May 20, 2012, 07:44:00 PM
Reply #49

Kralik

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
I added the CSS class "fgbrown" which matches the brown from the rulebooks and replaced the ugly purple class I was using for rulebook examples. See cost.

I'll probably copy/paste portions of the wikified rulebook into new articles tomorrow and add a few links here and there.

EDIT: Should we have a link to comprehensive rules 4-0 somewhere in the index? It's currently an orphan.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:46:37 PM by Kralik »

May 21, 2012, 08:59:42 PM
Reply #50

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:42 PM »
I stuck a reference in the rulebooks page.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

May 22, 2012, 06:41:20 AM
Reply #51

Kralik

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 06:41:20 AM »
Here's a feature I thought you might like, TelTura:

You can now tell the wiki not to autolink a page by putting the text:

~~NOAUTOLINK~~

Somewhere in the page. See errortest for example.

Might be helpful with making those wiki rulebooks link nicely to their own sections.

An exception is that culture and twilight icons are still processed, which I thought would be nice to retain.

May 22, 2012, 07:35:08 AM
Reply #52

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »
Hmm, that may very well be useful for long in-depth articles; it's bittersweet for the rulebooks, I think, but I'll fool around with it and see what I come up with. 

May 22, 2012, 08:54:09 AM
Reply #53

Kralik

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »
Hmm, that may very well be useful for long in-depth articles; it's bittersweet for the rulebooks, I think, but I'll fool around with it and see what I come up with. 

I figured at least you could make a rulebook with section linking if you wanted.

June 13, 2012, 08:17:42 PM
Reply #54

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »
Wow ... I leave the forums for a few months, and now there's a wiki! This is awesome.

I have two suggestions for potentially improving the autolinking feature. I have no idea how it works code-wise, so maybe these are impossible, but could it be set up so that autolinking only occurs the first time a keyword (such as culture) is mentioned? Wikipedia works this way, and it makes the pages look a bit cleaner since there's more black text. If it's really important for the link to appear more than once (such as in a chart), the editor can just do it manually.

Also, can autolinks be turned off for the current page? What I mean by that is that on the culture page, the word culture links to the culture page, which seems like a waste since you're already on the culture page.

June 15, 2012, 01:11:21 PM
Reply #55

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
note that autolinking can be disabled on a per-word basis by prepending it with ! in front.  This is kind of hackish for what you're asking, but it's all there is for now.  Maybe when Kralik crawls out of his hole we'll see what can be done.

August 20, 2012, 09:45:28 AM
Reply #56

Kralik

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »
Maybe when Kralik crawls out of his hole

HEY! I resent that!

OK, here's the deal on the autolink: It's the same system as used in the forums to autolink card titles, replace culture icons, etc. It works best if it replaces all occurrences. Take a look at one of the set indexes, for example. If only the first occurrence of each card type was linked, it wouldn't be nearly as useful...

July 22, 2016, 10:08:23 AM
Reply #57

nielsd1981

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2016, 10:08:23 AM »
Oversized promo 10M1 seems to be missing in the wiki. It's an oversized card of the tengwar version of Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar. I added a scan as an example. My copy of the card isn't exactly mint, nor a high-resolution scan, maybe someone has a better copy of the card.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:54:42 AM by nielsd1981 »

February 04, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
Reply #58

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2017, 02:53:24 AM »
There is an Link-mistake

When you look at Twilight minions you can see it
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/lotr02085

Twilight should be a seperate Article. If you follow the Link you come to Twilight Cost

In other Wikis the problem is solved in this way:
Create a "Twilight" Article that gives a explanation, that tere exists more articles with a similar name with Links to all similar articles
Create a "Twilight Cost" Article
Create a "Twilight Keyword" Article.

All Twilight Minions should be automatically redericted to the "Twilight Keyword" Article

February 04, 2017, 07:58:00 AM
Reply #59

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »
They resolved this for the "Fellowship" keyword via a disambiguation query. If you look at Gimli, Opinionated Guide, and click on his Fellowship keyword, it takes you to a page about the "Fellowship" but with a linked message at the top saying: "Were you looking for Fellowship Phase or Fellowship Keyword?" Twilight could probably be fixed the same way.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.