LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rangers Shooting Things Madly  (Read 3044 times)

September 16, 2008, 03:18:22 AM
Read 3044 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Rangers Shooting Things Madly
« on: September 16, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »
Title says it all; here goes!

Site Path:
(0) Isenwash
(0) The Great Gates
(0) Fortress of Orthanc
[1] Morannon Plains
[1] Slag Mounds
[2] Helm's Gate
[2] Osgiliath Reclaimed
[3] CIty of Kings
and.. any site you wish for your ninth

FP (37):
Companions/Followers:
RB: Boromir, BoC; The One Ring, AtaR
Faramir, Son of Denethor
Aragorn, Strider
Madril, Faramir's Aide
Garrison of Gondor
Legolas, Fearless Marksman
Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer

Possessions/Artifacts:
Aragorn's Bow
Faramir's Bow
Bow of Minas Tirith x3
Blade of Gondor
Gondorian Blade x3
Ranger's Cloak x3
Brego, Loyal Steed
Ring of Barahir

Events:
No Travellers in This Land x2
Defend it and Hope x
Arrows Thick In The Air x2
Pathfinder
Much Needed Rest
Last Throw

Conditions:
Soldier's Cache x2
Houses of Healing
Hardy Garrison
Ithilien Trap
Stewards' Legacy x3
---
Shadow(37):
Minions:
Suzerain of Harad x2
Haradrim Marksman
Desert Lord x2
Desert Scout x4
Desert Runner x4
Desert Sneak x4
Corsair Plunderer x2
Black Gate Sentry x2
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders x3

Possessions/Conditions/Events:
Raider Bow x3
Rout x4
Harsh Tongues x3
Red Wrath x2

---
Strategy: Bid [1] to [2], hope to go 2nd, use all battleground sites, and as you trail your opponent, watch your Initiative Raiders hurt them with Rout. (If you go first, you can really have fun with your opponent by single moving every single time; it gives me a kick when they're reluctant to move past you). Make sure you use what events and such you have, since everything exerts to exert even more. By that, I mean Stewards' Legacy. The key is really to combo Bow of Minas Tirith on Boromir + Stewards' Legacy to get 2 exertions on a minion with 1 exertion on Boromir.
**Exert Faramir with AtitA, DIaH, or NTitL and they can't use abilites! Fun Fun Fun.**
Dindendal also helps to trigger Stewards' Legacy as well as making someone an archer. More fun.
More wounds can be dished from Madril/Legolas + Hardy Garrison, and of course the many bows.

However, make sure you try to cycle through fairly quickly, because if your shadow doesn't do the job, Last Throw should zoom you to site [9]. Legolas is great to cycling, since he can get rid of 4 unneeded cards very easily (#$&*@!, discard your whole hand for 2 wounds if you want!). By then the setup should be complete, and your men will be shooting arrows like madmen.

I'd like help to make this deck better :D The evil could prolly use some sprucing up as well.
Help is always invited; as usual, critique brutally :] Thanks! :up:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:25:58 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

September 16, 2008, 06:15:02 AM
Reply #1

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: Rangers Shooting Things Madly
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:15:02 AM »
Arrows Thick in the Air? you've got 2 ring-bound dudes, I played it in my deck with Faramir and Boromir Ring-Bound.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

September 16, 2008, 06:28:14 AM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »
   Maybe your ever-exerting comps need some more healing or preventing wounding engines. As i always said, maybe consider put some saplings of the white tree or more one houses of healing. An archery or direct wounding deck would be very bad for your guys. A Rapid Reload/Demoralized willbe very painful.

If you are all about archery and exertions maybe a Gondor Bowmen or Arrows Thick in the Air can make a little improvement.

For your shadows i would say drop the Nazgul and put more southron on it. Southron Chiefitain could be a death warning for a double move. Also you don´t wanna get your hand clogged with all possession/condition you have that needs spoting a raider man in order to play. Consider adding some Mumak to make your initive/wound guys even more dangerous.

Your deck it´s a little too big for my taste. Dropping the Nazgul and the orc guy should help you. You can drop Marksman also.

September 16, 2008, 12:24:01 PM
Reply #3

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:24:01 PM »
For AtiA, is it worth it, since my deck doesn't really revolve around roaming minions, perse..

@Pep, well, I don't really over-exert; like I said, my Freeps take it slow, so my Shadow can do the work :D I've played with the deck; it seems to work in my favor. Southron Chieftain is someone I oculd really use; I need to get him LOL! As for cutting it, I need to figure out what to cut on the Freeps side; Shadow is always expendable.
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List