LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Evil Toldea/Enquea partnership  (Read 4599 times)

September 24, 2008, 02:17:05 PM
Read 4599 times

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Evil Toldea/Enquea partnership
« on: September 24, 2008, 02:17:05 PM »
   I have been trying to put my  [Wraith] cards in some use and i came up with this simple concept of nazgul beatdown.

Frodo And Ring
*The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles (4R1)
*Frodo, Courteous Halfling (4R301)

Sites
(1R)Edoras Hall (7U330)
(2R)West Road (7U337)
(3R)Hall of the Kings (7U339)
(4R)Pelennor Prarie (10U118)
(5R)Pelennor Flat (7U345)
(6R)Minas Tirith Fourth Circle (7U348)
(7R)Pelennor Grassland (7U354)
(8R)Morgulduin (7U358)
(9R)Dagorlad (7U360)

Fellowship (33)
1x *Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark (4R267)
1x *Eowyn, Dernhelm (7R228)
1x *Gamling, Warrior of Rohan (5R82)
1x *Hrethel, Rider of Rohan (6C95)
1x *Armory (5U79)
1x *Arrow-slits (5U80)
1x *Parapet (5U87)
1x *The Tale of the Great Ring (10U116)
2x Thundering Host (5R94)
3x Fey He Seemed (7U231)
2x Power According to His Stature (1R308)
4x Simbelmyne (4R289)
1x *Brego (4U263)
1x *Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade (7R230)
1x *Firefoot (4R274)
1x Heavy Chain (4C278)
2x Hobbit Sword (11S166)
1x Rider's Mount (4C287)
2x Rider's Spear (11S153)
2x Rohirrim Bow (5C88)
1x Rohirrim Helm (5R89)
2x Rohirrim Shield (5C91)

Shadow (33)
1x *Ithil Stone (9R+47)
2x *Ring of Asperity (9R42)
4x Drawn to its Power( 1U211)
2x Not Easily Destroyed (1U220)
3x Houses of Lamentation (10C61)
2x Mastered By Madness (8U73)
1x *Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow (2R75)
2x *Ulaire Cantea, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur (1R230)
2x *Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul (1U231)
2x *Ulaire Nelya, Lieutenant of Morgul (1U233)
2x *Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul (1R236)
2x *Ulaire Toldea, Winged Sentry (6R88)
3x Morgul Skulker (1U258)
2x *Sword of Dol Guldur (6R85)
3x Black Steed (1R208)

The ideia is to get out big Toldea with pumps (ferny and/or events) to make some real noise in the opponent freeps. Ithil Stone get extra card at hand; Ferny acts as a pump and maybe a site 2 killer if i had some good shadow pulls.

If you manage to win skirmishes with Toldea and his sword you will start to exert people or add burdens. Hopefully you can add many burdens with copies of Drawn to its Power, and then Enquea hits the table and start to kill everybody and Toldea chooses the weaker freeps to get more wounds, exertions and discarding stuff  :twisted: Enquea is there for crowd control also.

In order to not clog my hand with multiple copies of the same Nazgul a choose Cantea and Nelya that have good special habilities. One pull out my plain sites (to get some advantage of Black Steed) and the other is against tank guys, like Durin.

Not Easily Destroyed is there to prevent easy deaths against knights or even Eowyn, LoI. Morgul Skulker get my cards back to the deck to get serious action in the last sites.

I paired it with  [Rohan] filter deck, with Simbelmyne being the main engine.

I think that even not being a killer deck this one have some potential so any reviews would be apreciated  :up:

September 24, 2008, 04:39:23 PM
Reply #1

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: Evil Toldea/Enquea partnership
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:39:23 PM »
Aw...for a minute I thought you were gonna do Toldea, Black Shadow and Enquea, ToTo with BNAP. :(
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

September 24, 2008, 05:58:27 PM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
   Maybe i should change the topic for "Not So Evil Toldea/Enquea partnership"  ;)

The fact is i don´t want a enduring or twilight nazgul deck. Just a simple beatdown deck with some burdening spice. Enquea TotO with BNAP it´s just a killer, but if the freeps have burden removal the startegies pretty much colapses (althoght in movie block burden removal it´s not that common). I just to make some new deck and came up with this idea. No powerful combos, no deadly surprises, just Enquea and Toldea doing their jobs  :up:

So if you people have some thought to improve it go ahead and say it! One thing that concerns me is tank fellowships, massa archery and i want to find a viable way to put some burdens besides Drawn to its Power, any clues?

September 24, 2008, 08:20:20 PM
Reply #3

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »
The Nazgul count seems a little low at 10. Do you have access to Morgul King and Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds? Besides threat wounding in general, MK can provide recursion and FTW can remove possessions to help your Nazgul win skirmishes. Maybe even throw in Held Ground or a Gollum engine for additional threats and bonuses. Attea KoDG is a good beatstick, too.

Regardless adding any Witch-king is a good excuse to stock The Pale Blade for the damage bonus (and condition removal). I'd also replace Sword of Dol Guldur with Nazgul Sword. Hopefully the damage bonuses will get companions killed off faster for Drawn to Its Power.

The deck can probably get by without the relatively expensive Morgul Skulker. For Nazgul recursion Out of Sight and Shot is a good splash. If Gollum is used, Evil-smelling Fens can be added as well.

Stinker could add more burdens once you get some rolling. I don't consider this a corruption deck, though ("Just a simple beatdown deck with some burdening spice" ;)), so Old Villain might be better for cycling.

Ring of Asperity and Mastered by Madness could be dropped for room. If I had to pick a ring I'd go with Ring of Rancor to combo with Enquea LoM.

Against mass archery Gollum could swallow some wounds. There's All Blades Perish, too.

September 24, 2008, 11:32:09 PM
Reply #4

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul + Ring of Asperity - very nicce, my preciouss, very nice  :twisted:

September 25, 2008, 05:59:44 AM
Reply #5

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 05:59:44 AM »
Um...Ring of Rancor plz.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

September 25, 2008, 08:36:54 AM
Reply #6

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:36:54 AM »
   Yeah i´m really considering to switch Sword of Dol Guldor for the Nazgul Sword, but i´m a little bit concerned by the fact that the burdens may not be added in time to trigger nazgul sword and Toldea with his toy, a Black Steed and a pump at hand can really do some seriuos damage, cause he will be able to win skirmishes and start the "exert or burden/discard possession or condition" stuff... maybe twice and that i just can´t let go  ;)

Indeed i´m looking foward to find some event to switch for Mastered by Madness but i just couldn´t find yet, any suggestions?

I´m also considering switch Liutenant of Dol Goldur for Faster Than Winds but without a threating engine going on i think that´s just too risky depending only on him to add threats (maybe Gollum with Captured By The Ring?). Liutenant also can discard possessions of the strongest companions and, if the freeps assign him to a smaller one with no possessions it will be much likely that he wins the skirmish, and that´s the ideia behind this deck, win as mamy skirmishes as possible and kill companions, or at least prevent your opponent for running.

Ring of Rancor can help my nagul to surive archery phase and helps Enquea and Cantea when they came about their tricks, so i think i will drop one copy of Asperity to add one of it. Besides that Asperity is usefull cause you possible get a free wound and +1 pump which is pretty good for the beatdown concept.

September 25, 2008, 08:58:54 AM
Reply #7

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:58:54 AM »
And remove burdens for more wounds. Seriously.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks