LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Blessed Realm loop  (Read 2909 times)

November 10, 2013, 07:32:54 PM
Read 2909 times

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Blessed Realm loop
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
First, the List:

Ring-Bearer:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom + The Great Ring

Starting Fellowship:
Gandalf, Leader of Men
Ordulus, Young Warrior
Lorien Elf

1 Gil-Galad, HKOTN
1 Glorfindel Eldarin Lord
1 Elrond, Witness to History
1 Radagast, The Brown
1 Gandalf, Manager of Wizards
1 Sent Back

4 Saved From the Fire
1 Uncertain Future
1 Secluded Homestead
1 Leaving Forever
1 Songs of the Blessed Realm
1 Hosts of the Last Alliance
1 The Tale of Gil-Galad

4 Forearmed
3 Traveled Leader
3 Elven Armaments
1 Galadriel's Silver Ewer
1 Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light
1 Celebring, Elven Smith
1 Gandalf's Hat

1 Ancient Blade
1 Crashing Cavalry
1 Into the West
1 Asfaloth, Swift Blossom

I assume, many of you know the various loops with Gil-Galad, HKOTN, and this one is not much different either, I'm just using Uncertain Future + Secluded Homestead instead of multiple copies of Namarie to fuel it, and I have different goal (normally, it draws your whole deck, creating the perfect hand). I added Songs of the Blessed Realm + a pair of tales, enabling me to remove all burdens in the regroup. Aside from the loop, I pack a few situational targets for SFTF that protect against some specific strategies, a threat removing engine, and Forearmed to win skirmishes.

This is the raw list, and I'm not sure how it'll work out. I'll probably add a more in depth explanation later, when I get a chance to playtest and refine it. I'm not sure what shadow side I'm gonna pair it with, but forestguls seem to be a nobrainer for it, as Secluded Homestead requires some forests.

I really wish I could fit in 4 x Something Slimy and a Smeagol, but SftF feels like the more powerful setup card, and it loses a lot of its power if you play a tall deck (this one is already taller than I like my SFTF decks to be). Also I'm planning to build this with real cards, and since I don't have access to a playset of Gil-Galad, SftF is the only way I can go (otherwise I can see a similar list working better with 4 x Alliance Reforged and 4 x Something Slimy).

I eventually want this to be the core of my first non mono [Gandalf] BoO deck, as this engine would gives a perfect solution to BoO's weaknesses (not being able to run and/or self curroption if the opponent plays no minions).

I welcome any critiques and suggestions :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:47:44 PM by Shelobplayer »

November 11, 2013, 05:42:51 PM
Reply #1

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Blessed Realm loop
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:42:51 PM »
The updated Gemp version got it's own thread:
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,8720.0.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:03:36 PM by Shelobplayer »