LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Tournament decklists  (Read 8358 times)

December 21, 2013, 12:27:44 AM
Read 8358 times

c_c_j

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Tournament decklists
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:27:44 AM »
I was digging around the old LOTR online TCG program, and discovered a folder named "Tournaments", which apparently contains decklists from several years worth of LOTR Tournaments. Judging from the file names, I think most of the decklists were only from the online tournaments.
Now, I didn't really follow the tournaments back then, so maybe someone more knowledgable on these things could take a look at these files and shed some light on them? Maybe some of you know which ones won the said tournaments? Or maybe there are some decks here which are historically significant/game changing?

Attached are the decklists, and here's a link to the old LOTR Online TCG program, which is necessary to view the files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiz8bzv724ml0ze/The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20TCG%202.zip

Edit: Updated the link
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:35:36 AM by c_c_j »

April 30, 2014, 10:10:30 AM
Reply #1

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: Tournament decklists
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:10:30 AM »
This is incredible.  I know I'm behind the curve replying this late, but thank you for bringing this to light.  I've spent the last couple of days reverse-engineering the *.ldc file format, and I'll have a tool ready in a few days that can translate files like these into more modern formats.

Thank you.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 30, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
Reply #2

c_c_j

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:37:01 AM »
You're welcome!

I'm glad to hear that you're working on something like that! I still prefer the LOTRO program for making decks, so I'm sure such a tool would be quite useful. :)

April 30, 2014, 05:54:17 PM
Reply #3

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
I've put up a page on http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/ldc_file_format_specification that's documented my findings.  This info is enough to create an importer/exporter if you have the know-how.

I'm in the process of cleaning up my stuff, then I should have something released in the next day or two.  I'll make a new topic when that happens.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

May 03, 2014, 12:45:24 PM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
So as a last test of the script I'm mass converting each of these tournament files.  There's 1200 decks in here!  I knew it was a lot, but that's staggering.

You saved my butt by posting that copy of Lotr-O.  I thought the client only went up to Bloodlines, but I guess they never released an installer that had set 14+, so your file there gave me what I was missing.

May 03, 2014, 02:39:49 PM
Reply #5

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »
Oops, I counted my own generated files when I gave that count.  There's actually 600, which is still no slouch.

Anyway, I've put together a *.zip archive that contains all of the tournament files in the OP converted to a rudimentary text format I've named dokudeck, since it's really just a slightly formatted list that would work on the wiki.  There's no cleanup, so you get a card repeated four times instead of "card x4", for instance.   Just open it in whatever text editor you like:

That file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0LYycfi-K18VFd6UkR2b1pmd3M

At the very least this makes these more accessible for the masses, so feel free to look through them for deck ideas, etc.  Does anyone have context for any of these?  They seem like solid decks, from what I've glanced at here and there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:37:28 PM by TelTura »

May 05, 2014, 05:56:33 AM
Reply #6

c_c_j

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »
Nice! If I edit the file in a text editor, can the program convert it back to .ldc?

May 05, 2014, 06:24:40 AM
Reply #7

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 06:24:40 AM »
Not yet.  Today's to-do list is to get converters for Zorbec's, gccg, lackey, and SdA working, then I'll start working on reversing the process for all of them.