LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Is there a card image catalogue download available?  (Read 6179 times)

March 27, 2014, 10:55:53 AM
Read 6179 times

jonobgood

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Is there a card image catalogue download available?
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »
All the images of the cards up to and including Mount Doom.... does anyone have them all saved in one location?  I would like to download them to my computer to aid in teaching a new player how to play the game.  An internet connection is not always readily available for me (to view the cards online) and I have a lot of foreign cards that for a new player will be really confusing.

March 28, 2014, 08:28:17 AM
Reply #1

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • "But it is not this day. This day we fight!"
Re: Is there a card image catalogue download available?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »
You could save pictures to your computer from the wiki when you are connected to the internet.  That way it could be accessed any time you want.
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

March 28, 2014, 09:19:51 AM
Reply #2

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »
I have all the images saved on a thumb drive. I could email you a zip folder if you want.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

April 11, 2014, 10:36:24 AM
Reply #3

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
I am currently in the process of uploading all ~3200 card images to imgur, which has a *.zip download option for albums.  Will probably take about an hour; I'll reply to this post once it's up and ready to go.  You may have already gotten your solution; but this at least will have it up on a public site and available for anyone without killing server bandwidth.

Now that I think about it, a torrent option would be pretty cool, too.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 11, 2014, 12:41:57 PM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
Aaaand it's all uploaded.  I decided to go with a few different options so people could pick their poison.

This post is obsolete, see this thread here: https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=12049.msg98649#msg98649

OPTION THE FIRST: I uploaded them to an imgur album here: http://imgur.com/a/ZMPvG.  I apologize for the bump at the front--for some reason, the upload process had sets 17-19 sort of all run into one another before the regular sets begin, sort of a twelve-car pileup, as it were.  If you scroll down to about the middle of page three, you can see the FotR set 1 begin, and from there (as far as I can tell) it's smooth sailing and all in order. [Edit: I've fixed this, the imgur album is now all in order]  This is the best viewing option (as you can see all of them in that fancy grid layout before clicking on them to zoom in).

To download your best choice is to use imgdl, which will download them all one at a time to a place of your choice.  Make sure you go to Options->Options->File Actions and select "Rename the images" and "Zero fill file name".  This will get you all the images in the same order that they are in the album, warts and all.  This is not suitable for use in Lackey or other programs, merely for viewing pleasure.
(The imgur option was too unwieldy, so it has been removed)

OPTION THE SECOND: I have uploaded the cards to Dropbox as well: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6516469/Lotr-TCG/LotR-TCG-Card-Images-Lean.zip.  It should be noted that this (and option one) is from my own analysis backup and so contains about 300 fewer images than the site here does--I removed all the silly super-sized cards, AF cards, tournament cards, and the like which were just reprints.  They are also all zero-filled properly so the entire collection will be in order when sorted by name.  If this still doesn't suit you, you have

OPTION THE THIRD: a second Dropbox file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6516469/Lotr-TCG/LotR-TCG-Card-Images-Complete.zip.  This contains an exact replica of the files used on TLHH wiki, and is most suitable for use with Lackey et al.  Note that because of the lack of zero-fill, these will not order properly when arranged by name (in Windows Explorer, anyway); you will have set 11 in particular sitting down wherever it pleases. 

All of these are as of my backup about two years ago, so if anyone's aware of any card changes since then, please let me know.  These files will be remaining up for the foreseeable future, including the Dropbox ones (the files I hosted for the last time I was here are still up, so never fear). 

I may be a month or two late to the thread, but the idea is that others who may have the same problem will be able to get their card fix.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 07:00:44 PM by TelTura »
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

May 10, 2020, 03:32:05 PM
Reply #5

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 03:32:05 PM »
I raise this thread from the dead in search of what others have sought before me.

May 30, 2020, 03:40:02 PM
Reply #6

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
This post is obsolete, see this thread here: https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=12049.msg98649#msg98649

Curses, my links didn't stay up for six years.  It was moved somewhere along the way to my google drive: https: //drive.google.com/open?id=0B0LYycfi-K18dlBrd3V5N1NMY2s

Download the zip, extract it, then open the handy LOTRTCG-BACKUP/lotr-tcg-images.html file, which is a simple file you can view in your browser to look at the files.

...I'm trying to find my scripts and manual html files I've used in the past; I'll get back once I've found them.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 07:01:11 PM by TelTura »

May 30, 2020, 03:51:18 PM
Reply #7

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 03:51:18 PM »
Aha, here it is.  In the event that the links above don't work, here is a last-ditch effort that should work for anyone in the future needing to get these files. 

PLEASE attempt to use the Drive links above instead as that will hit Google's servers instead of reaming the poor TLHH.

Attached to this post is an HTML file.  Download it to your computer and open it; it will immediately start loading the ~3000 card image files in your browser window.  Right-click in the blank empty space and go to "Save as" (in Chrome) or "Save Page As" (in Firefox). 

Then when the dialog pops up, choose the folder location that you want all of the images to go into and save it as type "Web Page, complete (*.htm, *.html)".  The html file will get saved there, and you'll also see a "lotr-tcg-images_files" folder right next to it.  This will fill up with the ~3000 jpg files, which you can browse freely in the future using that same *.html file you just saved. 

Once you have done this, be sure to only use the new html file you saved as that will look at your local files instead of blasting TLHH's bandwidth costs into the stratosphere.

Once again, use the Drive link above if it isn't broken (and if it is, please message me to fix it), but if all else fails this method should work indefinitely into the future, so long as TLHH itself is around.

March 13, 2021, 04:21:13 PM
Reply #8

Jeisan

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 04:21:13 PM »
Thank you, this is great!!! Missing promos though;(