LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Gandalf Zombie (Fellowship Only)  (Read 3276 times)

March 30, 2014, 12:48:59 PM
Read 3276 times

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • "But it is not this day. This day we fight!"
The Gandalf Zombie (Fellowship Only)
« on: March 30, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
Hello all, over all the posts I have seen, I have never noticed a deck that brings Gandalf back from the dead.  So here goes.

Starting:

The One Ring, The Great Ring
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
Gandalf, Leader of Men
Gimli, Eager Hunter

Fellowship:

2x Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm
3x Gandalf, Returned
2x Aragorn, Thorongil
1x Dwarven Armor
1x Gimli's Battle Axe, Vicious Weapon
1x Bow of the Galadhrim, Gift of Galadriel
2x Footmans Armor
2x Still Needed
2x Glamdring
2x Wizard Staff
4x Servant of the Secret Fire
4x Well Met Indeed
2x Banner of the White Tree
2x Banners Blowing
4x Sent Back

So, now for the strategy of this deck.  Gandalf is expendable. Kill him as much as you want, bringing him back with Sent Back and Well Met Indeed. The hunter companions and armor prevents overwhelming. Simple really. Although this deck has won 1 out of 3 times.  It is a very fun deck to play with.  I totally recommend trying it. Any questions or comments will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:39:05 AM by Carl333 »
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

March 31, 2014, 09:17:42 AM
Reply #1

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Re: The Gandalf Zombie (Fellowship Only)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:17:42 AM »
How about if you used Gandalf Returned instead? Then, you could stock various custom possessions for him in your deck, and depending on what strategy you are facing, you can pull whichever possession helps you the most!

Glamdring versus Orcs.
Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas versus heavy corruption.
Glamdring, Foe-hammer versus light corruption.
Wizard Staff to power up your other companions.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

March 31, 2014, 10:40:24 AM
Reply #2

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:40:24 AM »
I like the Glamdring and Wizard Staff Ideas, thanks sgtdraino
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

March 31, 2014, 11:07:01 AM
Reply #3

xXx

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »
sgtdraino makes a good point, that would be a better choice for Gandalf stocked with his different possessions. I've built a Zombie Wizard deck for fun (which is really all that it's good for) using Radagast, the BrownPinnacle of Zirakzigil + Travelled Leader to play the wizards multiple times. I had multiple copies of Radagast and Gandalf so I could play either of them multiple times using Sent Back or the site. One time I resurrected Gandalf seven times! My deck also generated less twilight because I didn't need to use Well Met Indeed. Still sounds like you've got a Fun Deck going!
Philippians 4:13

March 31, 2014, 11:11:59 AM
Reply #4

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »
Thank you for the comment.  I forgot about that site though, so thanks for reminding me.