LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ungoliant  (Read 2217 times)

September 19, 2014, 06:31:32 AM
Read 2217 times

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • ^This guy is actually Hamlet.
Ungoliant
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:31:32 AM »
(10 twilight cost) Ungoliant, Eater of Light (Gollum culture?)
Minion
Strength: 16
Vitality: 6
Site: 6
Fierce
Ungoliant is strength +1 for each wound on her. Can only be killed or removed from the game. After 4 active turns, remove this card from the game.

Idea being, she is an upgraded Shelob. But, nobody could kill her, thus, the ability. But, in the Silmarrilion, it says that Ungoliant probably ate herself. Which is why she removes herself from the game.
"Alas, poor Yorrick. I knew him, Horatio."

September 19, 2014, 07:40:30 AM
Reply #1

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Re: Ungoliant
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 07:40:30 AM »
(10 twilight cost) Ungoliant, Eater of Light (Gollum culture?)
Minion
Strength: 16
Vitality: 6
Site: 6
Fierce
Ungoliant is strength +1 for each wound on her. Can only be killed or removed from the game. After 4 active turns, remove this card from the game.

Idea being, she is an upgraded Shelob. But, nobody could kill her, thus, the ability. But, in the Silmarrilion, it says that Ungoliant probably ate herself. Which is why she removes herself from the game.

Neat idea!

I'm curious about the 4 active turns thing. Do you mean 4 turns, including yours? So Ungoliant would fight twice against your opponent?

If that's the case you could make it say something like:

"The free peoples player may not discard Ungoliant. When the free people's player ends his turn, transfer Ungoliant to your support area. Do not remove any tokens or cards she bears. After 4 turns, remove Ungoliant from the game."

Maybe your idea was a little different though. Neat card!

September 19, 2014, 08:02:51 AM
Reply #2

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • ^This guy is actually Hamlet.
Re: Ungoliant
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:02:51 AM »
I meant that only turns where SHE was active would count, so only on your opponents' turns. So she could fight your opponent on four turns.
"Alas, poor Yorrick. I knew him, Horatio."