LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Legions of Morgul under the Orc Banner  (Read 3652 times)

November 10, 2014, 02:49:44 PM
Read 3652 times

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Legions of Morgul under the Orc Banner
« on: November 10, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »
Hi, its Abbadon from GEMP, Im mostly known as the "hater" of the top tiers "non-original" decks...so I still trying to find new ways in movie and expanded formats, yes 90% of the games resolving in my total lose :) But sometimes it is really interesting even i still keep losing, anyway in this game, what i will post replay (i hope) soon... Legions of Morgul managed to swarm opponent with bravery and honor (not!)...

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Mordor Defender
4x Mordor Soldier
4x Mordor Trooper
4x Mordor Veteran
4x Orc Butcher
4x Orc Guard
2x Ithil Stone
2x Dead Marshes
3x Fires Raged Unchecked
2x Legions of Morgul
3x Orc Banner

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Abaddon$ermxd1w0biafvq53

It still need more "upgrades" so feel free yourself to comment.

November 11, 2014, 11:10:54 AM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Legions of Morgul under the Orc Banner
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:10:54 AM »
An interesting take on the classic Sauron Threats shadow (using the 3 minion triangle of Mordor Guard, Mordor Veteran and Orc Officer to overwhelm or corrupt depending on what's easier).  I do like the addition of Orc Guard to get a double whammy out of Legions of Morgul, too.  I find that all Sauron decks benefit from Gorgoroth Servitor in movie.  It's just so good at shutting down archery.  Perhaps add in So Polite and a bit of Gollum?  You'll actually have threats in the shadow phase if you've abused Orc Guard and Legions of Morgul properly.  That might be taking it in a different direction, though.  Gollum would also give access to Dead Marshes to fuel the swarm.

Without Orc Officer, this deck will lose to large fellowships.  Surely add in at least 1 TNMBF?  As a pesronal preference, I do also like Grond in any deck using Sauron, though I'm not sure how many of your minions ever make it to the regroup if you haven't already won.  Otherwise, nice deck!  I remember finding it very scary when I played against it.

The FP choice is important here: when holding out for a swarm, you'll inevitably lose out on a strong FP hand.  How were you planning on pairing it?

November 11, 2014, 04:36:21 PM
Reply #2

Floydor

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
At the moment, I have as FP choice Dwarves with the draw through events. 5 Companions Fellowship with all weapons and Tale Conditions. Grond is obvious choice here, even i lose almost all orcs on archery/skirmishes (without threats), Im still able to have 3-4 orcs on regroup.

November 14, 2014, 04:04:15 AM
Reply #3

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 04:04:15 AM »