LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Why keep my WotR play set? Convince me!  (Read 2614 times)

April 06, 2015, 11:39:52 PM
Read 2614 times

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Why keep my WotR play set? Convince me!
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:39:52 PM »
Hi!
I am thinking recently a lot about selling off my WotR play set (Shadows, Black Rider, Bloodlines).

So far, I have been mainly a collector and have usually played the movie block sets. I studied the WotR block cards a bit, but I never warmed to them that much. Instead I focused on putting a play set of them together, "leaving them for later" in terms of using them in decks. I do feel so strongly about hanging on to them as I do about sets 1-10.

Seeing how the market for LotR TCG is, the WotR sets have at least some kind of re-sale value (Movie Block can be hit of miss) and they are wasted capital sitting around at home, as it is.

My question to those of you who have experience in playing WotR cards a lot, is this:

Will I regret letting the WotR cards go, because I will realize at some point in the future that there are hidden strengths in them I have not understood so far?

What I want to avoid is selling them now, only to realize later that that was a mistake and then facing the need to buy them again.

I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

April 09, 2015, 03:19:35 AM
Reply #1

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Why keep my WotR play set? Convince me!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:19:35 AM »
WOTR block is actually fun. Some cards are good for expanded and a lot of them are amazing in standard.

If you only play movie block and older formats though I don't see the point.

I'm kind of in the same shoes with my whole collection... I'm very attached to my cards but I barely actually play anymore. Lot of unused captial just collecting dust on my shelves including most TH block powerhouses and in general a collection engineered for competitive play, but I just can't get myself to sell it.