LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Locations for future GEMP community sealed events  (Read 2807 times)

April 07, 2015, 06:44:10 AM
Read 2807 times

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Locations for future GEMP community sealed events
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:44:10 AM »
Hey everybody.

I'd like to at least start generating interest for a big sealed event, organized specifically for our community at GEMP LotR.

Please, if there's any particular location where a large portion of the community resides, which I've left from the list, please let me know and I'll add it. Otherwise just choose other and explain in the comments. The only other "region" I could think of that I'd seen a decent number of players from that wasn't mainland Europe was Brazil.

This poll/discussion is mostly for getting ideas and figuring out where the best location would be for everyone, as a whole.  Subsequently the majority of those who are most interested in attending would be able to come up with a location and plan that fits with them.

This thread might also serve to give us a look at where the majority of the GEMP LotR population resides.

What do you guys think?

April 13, 2015, 11:48:20 AM
Reply #1

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Re: Locations for future GEMP community sealed events
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »
21 votes so far!

Maybe once we hit around 30 we can step back and start discussing ideas.

April 27, 2015, 07:13:39 AM
Reply #2

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:13:39 AM »
Well 30 players have shown interest, and it looks like a pretty even split between the USA and Europe side.

13 for UK, Western and Eastern Europe combined.
15 for across the USA
2 for either Brazil or an "other" who we need to define which location they mean ;)

From the discussion that's already been made in the GEMP game hall, it seems like 10 - 20 people should be enough for a decent sealed event, so this is the point in the planning where we can diverge and everyone can make comments on what they think would work best.

Also, those that are very interested, can distinguish themselves from those who are only slightly interested, so we can get an idea of what the general location would be for those who are MOST interested.

Ideas anyone? Could we plan both a USA based and Europe based tournament? How many people would be willing to travel and how far?

What do you think?

June 15, 2015, 08:03:30 PM
Reply #3

cavemanben

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »
New to GEMP, did you guys end up setting anything up?

June 16, 2015, 05:02:06 AM
Reply #4

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 05:02:06 AM »
New to GEMP, did you guys end up setting anything up?

hey cavemanben!

You're the first person to actually go further than just voting!

Was hoping we could hear from the people that were more interested than others, and see if we could set up a tournament in a location convenience for the majority of those who really would go.

So far we have a solid amount in East Coast USA, as well as a good contingent in Central and West Coast.  Western Europe could definitely have one as well!

June 16, 2015, 08:37:11 AM
Reply #5

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »
For me, it would really have to be within driving distance of my home. I couldn't justify to my wife anything else :P I live near Portland, OR.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!