LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hobbit/ent and Moria's Navy  (Read 11332 times)

August 19, 2015, 01:54:20 PM
Read 11332 times

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Hobbit/ent and Moria's Navy
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

August 20, 2015, 07:31:33 AM
Reply #1

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Hobbit/ent and Moria's Navy
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:31:33 AM »
Cool deck! I particularly like the Corsair Marauders discarding Goblin Scimitars for more twilight/cards, which is not something I've seen before. Really nice card cycling as well :)
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

August 20, 2015, 08:08:56 AM
Reply #2

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:08:56 AM »
Especially in synergy with Plundered Armories. But do you really need Ships and Castamir? Surely Enquea and guys like Guard Commander (benefits from the tons of twilight you're getting) as well as maybe Ancient Chieftain will be better choices.

Anyway, you can use this deck in the next Movie league, series 2 preferably ;)

August 21, 2015, 09:12:22 AM
Reply #3

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:12:22 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure the Marauder/Scimitar is not original to me, but I don't recall who thought of it first.

Eukalyptus: You are probably right on the Castamir, but the ships are all pretty crucial to the function of this deck IMHO.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

August 21, 2015, 09:59:02 AM
Reply #4

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »
The Plunderer and Marauder give you more than enough tokens. Castamir is just a waste of twilight in this deck. If you're set on using Boatswain, you might as well pack one War Galley and Gollum, Plotting Deceiver.

August 21, 2015, 10:21:28 PM
Reply #5

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »
This deck is cute. Way too cute.

Your FP is of the survival variety, which is fine enough, but you need to have a completely stable Shadow combo. You don't. You cannot win against The Tale of the Great Ring - Discovered wouldn't hurt, or you could run one Drums in the Deep and mess with people's heads. You can't restart the combo if you lose Moria conditions to removal or Greatest Kingdom of My People (which people play in Movie) or Dwarven Axe. You've got one way to retrieve Goblin Scavengers. Goblin Sneaks only help if you can deck yourself - and you've got 102 cards. Even in your game against Dauntless / Easterlings, a great matchup for you on both sides with no disruption from your opponent, you still had 14 cards left. There's no reason to be playing Sneaks when you could be playing better goblins: Host of Moria, Goblin Warrior, Moria Scout. Or you could run Host of Thousands to retrieve Goblin Scavengers.

Plundered Armories is a "win more" card - I would much rather use my Marauders to take out opponent bows and swords - but it is fun. In this deck, so is Goblin Swarms - you should be taking out the opponent fast. If you're going for a late combo, because you need time to set up, you don't need to search with Boatswain; you can thin the deck and just pick up boats as they come. This deck will win sometimes, when it works. A more focused deck could win in more contested circumstances.

August 24, 2015, 08:46:59 AM
Reply #6

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
Not really any arguments here, the deck was really made just for fun. I just get bored of the same old all the time, so I try and get something slightly new. I agree on the castamir, I'll switch him for host of moria. Host of thousands and warrior seem good too. I disagree with your assessment of plundered armories though, sometimes an extra card in hand and a few extra twilight is more important than taking out a gondorian sword or similar. In a couple of games I would not have pulled out a win without it.
--God

August 24, 2015, 03:28:38 PM
Reply #7

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
--God

August 24, 2015, 05:53:24 PM
Reply #8

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 05:53:24 PM »
If you want to max out the cycling, might be a good idea to add more copies of TAC. It should get a lot of benefits with Under Foot and Goblin Scimitar getting you more cards, while Goblin Armory and Goblin Runner add a lot of twilight.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

October 30, 2015, 01:24:30 AM
Reply #9

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 01:24:30 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure the Marauder/Scimitar is not original to me, but I don't recall who thought of it first.

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,8861.0.html

"Cough" "cough"!  But I do like the addition of Gollum and Hobbitses are Dead.  Nice idea!

October 30, 2015, 08:29:18 AM
Reply #10

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »
All credit to Legion! I'd like to see some recent replays of your deck :)
--God

July 29, 2016, 02:08:48 PM
Reply #11

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 02:08:48 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Sweet$mk45s7o2enql7vns

Start of shadow phase at site 7, I had 33 cards in my deck and 8 in hand. End of shadow phase, 9 in deck 1 in hand. Went through 31 cards in one site!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:13:43 PM by Not a Zombie »
--God

August 11, 2016, 05:23:06 PM
Reply #12

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 05:23:06 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Sweet$3zq7lo626rpv1cyq

Even better: started site 7 with 34 cards in deck and 22 twilight, end of shadow phase there was 5 twilight, 0 cards in deck, 19 minions. Only 1 other minion I could have played, but didn't have the twilight :(
--God

November 02, 2022, 04:03:40 PM
Reply #13

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2022, 04:03:40 PM »
https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=veggicide$xt1l4mrg3gdoooz6

Gosh I love this deck. Got the swarm off at site 6 and 7. A bit of luck that my opponent didn't have roll of thunder sooner. Site 7 I could have gone through my whole deck if my opponent hadn't conceded. Good times.

Edit: If I had played out the rest of my shadow phase, I would have gotten the rest of my moria minions out, for a total of 17 minions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:30:23 PM by Not a Zombie »
--God

November 03, 2022, 09:26:26 AM
Reply #14

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2022, 09:26:26 AM »
Shame your opponent conceded before the swarm was finished. It's a little disappointing when your opponent doesn't let you finish the shadow phase, especially when the swarm is good.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.