LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Player committee?  (Read 18342 times)

October 26, 2008, 02:26:03 PM
Reply #30

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Re: Player committee?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »
What cards would we be looking at for errata/xlist?

October 26, 2008, 04:45:05 PM
Reply #31

imrahil327

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »
Honestly at this point I have no idea re: what we'd look at for x-list, etc.  I am guessing I'd be more "organizational" than "game-based" staff when it came down to it.  I haven't played a game of LOTR aside from LOTRO in over a year, so some of these decks you are talking about, I don't even know about- like, there's a new Horn deck? I know what the old one did, no idea what the new one is all about.  I just read Prized Lagan, can someone fill me in on what the cultural enforcement issue is? I assume it's the second part of the text, but I'm not sure how that even COULD be culturally enforced.

There are people more knowledgeable about the current state of the game than I am working on it too, so I'll have to play some catch-up with them in order to get an idea of where things are.

October 26, 2008, 05:11:05 PM
Reply #32

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
This speculation seems rather premature, doesn't it? Let's wait until the PC actually gets going and running first, surely (which I hope will be soon! :mrgreen:).

Thranduil

October 26, 2008, 07:50:26 PM
Reply #33

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »
I just don't want the game to be wrecked...

October 26, 2008, 09:18:53 PM
Reply #34

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »
I agree for creating further sets - but I disagree for changing cards, rules etc...
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

October 26, 2008, 10:55:18 PM
Reply #35

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
I assume it's the second part of the text, but I'm not sure how that even COULD be culturally enforced.

Spot a [Shire] companion, spot a hobbit, etc.

I would say that the things that should get first look at are infinite combos (Horn...ban New Chapter, IMO, nobody played it until Horn) and errata "culture-less" cards (Prized Lagan).

After that, then we can deal with over powered stuff. Meaning...we need to leave Keyward for now.

I would say that a combo ban list would be very helpful. Like, certain cards cannot be played in the same deck. You can't have New Chapter and Horn in the same deck, no Keyward and Warg in the same deck, etc. Anyone for this idea?
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

October 26, 2008, 11:54:22 PM
Reply #36

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »
Like I said, the old wargs needed warg-riders..it was good.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

October 26, 2008, 11:58:16 PM
Reply #37

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »
This is what I was hoping would not happen... the Keyward is really only good for a single deck type. It is unfair to ban a card because you cannot counter it.

October 27, 2008, 02:38:41 AM
Reply #38

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 02:38:41 AM »
Frenzy of Arrows needs some [Orc] archers.

October 27, 2008, 03:22:15 AM
Reply #39

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2008, 03:22:15 AM »
This is what I was hoping would not happen... the Keyward is really only good for a single deck type. It is unfair to ban a card because you cannot counter it.

I agree with you, banning the Keyward should be wrong, but a keyward with a warg is even worse. Therefor I would love to see the warg-rider keyword. Keyward can be countered with Shadowplay and other cards.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

October 27, 2008, 07:52:16 AM
Reply #40

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »
I don't see why you should ban "combo" cards and "fix" culture-less cards. You basically kill deck desing by doing this, discouraging combo decks and rainbow decks (or rainbow splashes, which is ALSO deck design, since it makes deckbuilders check out ALL the cards when building a deck, to see if something outside that particular culture might stand out as useful. Of course, in some cases, errata for clarification or fixing functionality would be nice, but other than that, unless a certain combo is SO powerful everyone (or close to everyone) plays it, then I think instead of banning you could create counter measures for it (or in THIS case issueing errata for certain cards).

October 27, 2008, 08:29:29 AM
Reply #41

Kralik

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 08:29:29 AM »
I agree with you, banning the Keyward should be wrong, but a keyward with a warg is even worse. Therefor I would love to see the warg-rider keyword. Keyward can be countered with Shadowplay and other cards.

I think that a new keyword needs to be made up just for the Keyward: Shaky-knees (this minion cannot ride a warg without falling off and getting laughed at) That'll fix it! :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:29:54 PM by Kralik »

October 27, 2008, 08:36:51 AM
Reply #42

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 08:36:51 AM »
I don't see why you should ban "combo" cards and "fix" culture-less cards. You basically kill deck desing by doing this, discouraging combo decks and rainbow decks (or rainbow splashes, which is ALSO deck design, since it makes deckbuilders check out ALL the cards when building a deck, to see if something outside that particular culture might stand out as useful.

Actually, combo decks are strongly against the point of LotR. Card combinations can be fun, but the horn deck is just flat-out overpowered. Its like a site 1 win against any skirmish oriented deck, and sets up a mean shadow kill. There is no counter to the Horn combo, except maybe A Dark Shape Sprang on Gamling with expanded Gollum cards...but nobody's playing expanded Horn, its all standard.

The deck CAN be killed, but I'm just saying you cannot stop the combo from going off, and it leaves swarm shadows virtually unstoppable.

As for rainbow splashes, they're fine, but just a 0 twilight card that completely freezes something...let's just make sure they're at least playing a hobbit in there.

I have a rainbow deck, actually, built on cards with hefty spotting requirements, like Glimpse of Fate, Brooding on Tomorrow, A Light In His Mind and Hardy Garrison. It runs ALL of them. And works well with the spotting requirements. plus, it runs some specialized possessions, etc. Cultural enforcement doesn't mean no rainbow decks. It just means Shire cards aren't being run without a hobbit.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

October 27, 2008, 08:49:20 AM
Reply #43

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
There are different ways to kill follower decks:

°Balrog 19
°Ninja Gollum
°Archery
°Corruption
etc...
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

October 27, 2008, 02:20:54 PM
Reply #44

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »
oh and No Visitors should be so R-listed...1 copy should be more than enough...