LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Player committee?  (Read 18416 times)

October 27, 2008, 02:25:15 PM
Reply #45

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Re: Player committee?
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »
There is plenty of follower hate within the [Orc] [Uruk] and [Men] cultures.

October 30, 2008, 07:51:33 AM
Reply #46

Smeagollum

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 07:51:33 AM »
If you make new cards I would like to introduce a new companion and Culture:

Waren Holland
cost:1
strength: -10
Vitality:1
Culture:Decipher
If this character is killed start a new game of lotr:))))

Just kidding, people.

But what do you think about an errata on Galadriel LR as I proposed in the Amsterdam Open Dutch Tournament?

Regards,

Jw

October 30, 2008, 09:06:14 PM
Reply #47

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »
we can create an additional set about us! That would be fun  :uh-huh:
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

October 30, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
Reply #48

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
What was the errata proposed?

October 31, 2008, 12:27:08 AM
Reply #49

OrangeJedi

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
I was just informed of this thread, so I'm posted.  My name is Seth Maser.  You may remember me as 2007 WC runner-up and a LOTR TCG Grand Master.  What you did not know is I was the lead playtester for Decipher's LOTR for a half dozen sets (along with being the lead writer).  I am a part of this group that will be doing a PC, so if you are questioning the right hands, I'd like to hope I'm considered one of them.  I know that the last few sets had severe faults, but I can also tell you that each and every one of them were reported and the problems were more with the pressure to force things out rather than poor playtesting.  I would give further details but I am bound by certain agreements not to do so. 

That said there are people, myself and several others, that have designed cards that were printed and balanced.  Those people are acutely aware of the meta and will be a major part of the creation of a viable and fair format.  This has been considered since the day Decipher ended its run, not just when Steve came up here asking for volunteers. 

We ask that you all work with us and help us grow as a universal PC rather than just another splintered group.  Like the SWCCG PC, we will not be perfect, and we will get our fair share of criticism, but we will do a very good job creating a format and cards that everyone can play.  Like that committee, this committee is starting with players who have a background in the game (Steve, Vince, and Chris were all prominent DAgents), as well as myself and a few others who are not yet identified.  This will be mixed with many of you, rabid LOTR fans who just want to be a part of the solution and not part of the problem.  This can work with all types of opinions, compromises, and even differences of opinion. 

In the end, I'm asking you all to volunteer and contact Steve through the email given, and eventually the emails for each department necessary to run the PC. 

I don't know how often I'll be able to check this site, but please trust that the PC is in knowledgeable hands, with people who care and want this to succeed.  Please trust in Vince, Chris, and Steve, because they are dealing with all the various and splintered LOTR TCG pockets and each of you has a different idea of the direction of the game.  This will work, as long as we are all open and trust that each person will do what is best for the community as a whole.

Thank you.

Seth Maser

October 31, 2008, 05:43:21 AM
Reply #50

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »
Great news! =D> Have a (useless) :gp:!

Thranduil

March 18, 2009, 03:43:30 PM
Reply #51

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »
Click me

I think, we have cut this topic in two pieces...

March 18, 2009, 07:48:48 PM
Reply #52

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 07:48:48 PM »
This one was dead in October, why bring it up now?

March 18, 2009, 08:26:10 PM
Reply #53

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »
Ah I remember. This topic has a lot of good suggestions for controversial cards.

March 18, 2009, 09:31:44 PM
Reply #54

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »
Firstly, it is important to keep this recent, as I think. Secondly, it has been started another time - so some people might get confused by those two halves.
Furthermore, I neocromance some topics to put some life in there. But I always be aware to keep things dead, which, after my opinion, are meant to be lost.

March 19, 2009, 02:21:47 AM
Reply #55

Smeagollum

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2009, 02:21:47 AM »
Well actually it might have some use to bring up this topic again. While Fishfleas is working on a LOTR-PC it might be usefull to have info about Seth Maser again. Then again Seth is talking about it for about 3 years if I remember correctly and has shown nothing to us so far... :(

March 19, 2009, 06:46:57 AM
Reply #56

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 06:46:57 AM »
Firstly, it is important to keep this recent, as I think. Secondly, it has been started another time - so some people might get confused by those two halves.
Furthermore, I neocromance some topics to put some life in there. But I always be aware to keep things dead, which, after my opinion, are meant to be lost.

Yeah, reread the thread. It does look good. Sorry I was so hasty to question you about it!