LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Forums  (Read 21102 times)

November 04, 2008, 03:06:54 PM
Read 21102 times

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Forums
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »
I hate the FK forums.

Discuss
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 04, 2008, 03:09:39 PM
Reply #1

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
Re: Forums
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »
FK? What does this mean?
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

November 04, 2008, 03:11:02 PM
Reply #2

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:11:02 PM »
Fight Klub.

January 07, 2009, 04:30:34 PM
Reply #3

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
I would like to reiterate the annoyingness of the Fight Klub forums

January 08, 2009, 03:12:39 AM
Reply #4

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:12:39 AM »
Uh...over at Decipher, I assume?

Not THIS forum, right? If that's what you mean, take it up with the local moderator. ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:20:41 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

January 08, 2009, 04:17:49 AM
Reply #5

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:49 AM »
I will...oh wait thats me

No that Decipher FK forum is so annoying...filled with spam...every topic just gets spammed to the eyeballs. menace64 is on there he should know!

January 08, 2009, 04:24:37 AM
Reply #6

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:37 AM »
Yes it's laughably bad. I stopped actively posting months and months ago since all threads deteriorate into witless banter and inside jokes that just aren't funny.

But it's good to see activity. I'm sure everyone would be posting real content if there was anything to post real content about. When the new site launches I'll resume making some proactive contributions.

January 08, 2009, 05:14:46 AM
Reply #7

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 05:14:46 AM »
Quote from: menace64
Yes it's laughably bad. I stopped actively posting months and months ago since all threads deteriorate into witless banter and inside jokes that just aren't funny.

But it's good to see activity. I'm sure everyone would be posting real content if there was anything to post real content about. When the new site launches I'll resume making some proactive contributions.

Is anyone surprised, really? The forums got worse and worse when I used to be there...outside of a couple specific spots like the LOTR DC forum, there was more and more spam every time I looked. And about the lack of real content being posted...again, did we expect anything different?

Decipher USED to be awesome. Then they fired all their awesomeness and brought in a bunch of monkeys with keyboards and dollar signs in the their eyes. I've come to expect a certain level of disappointment with their products just as I used to expect a certain level of excellence. Monkey see, monkey do. ;)
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

January 08, 2009, 10:31:36 AM
Reply #8

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »
What is so wrong with Fight Klub and all its campaign? For me they're just doing their job.

If one personally don't like the FK game, that's one thing, but if all the on-line worldwide integration works, than it will be great. They're doing a lot of things LOTR didn't have like the blog and the whole culture with players, connectors and leaders. Sounds like if a players group doesn't like something, it's so easy for the connector or representant to report to decipher and they can fix it right away. LOTR folks had about no communication at all with D, apart from that stupid forum (don't say it was cool) and the stupid D guys that didn't do NOTHING there... you'd post something to sullivan or whoever D guy was there to get feedback and all they did was NOTHING... Is that the awesomeness they fired? LOL

I think a lot of people is just flaming D because they want more LOTR. The game is dead, get over it like the SWCCG guys did. There are tons of cards to play, everybody can still play instead of complaining about their attempt at a new game. I think FK seems to be doing great and if I think the game sucks, that's me. I still think D has credit for doing all it is doing.

BTW everybody wants to make money... they were bankrupt, what did you expect them to do? And if you ask me, they're not doing anything that's over the top... their price is very OK and you guys know it, besides, their developing a huge web system to integrate playergroups, and as far as I'm concerned, it's free of charge and the only price you pay is for the cards.

Sorry, I'm just tired of everybody flaming D and their new game for no reason.  :down: LOTR players are the laziest of all... it's been more than a year and they're still whining and complaining and bitching about LOTR's designing flaws... dreaming of a players comittee but no one steps up to do anything. I think it's time for most of you stop whining and do something about the future of LOTR OR just stop the bitching and let D make some money. You can claim why don't I do anything, and I say I'm fine with how LOTR is. I don't need anything to keep playing the game, I don't play with sets I don't like and I'm fine with it. But if you're complaining about D, then why don't you try and do something and see if it's easy?

This is not directed at someone in special, but the general mentality of the LOTR community.

January 08, 2009, 03:06:25 PM
Reply #9

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
I have to agree with Leo here. I understand the feeling, and I can't help but hating Fight Klub from what I've seen so far, basically because I compare it to LotR, and it just don't measure up. But I at least accept the fact that the game is NOT coming back, so might as well live with it. Of course, unless it was an OUTSTANDING game I wouldn't play a game from the company that let LotR die, better yet, KILLED IT.

January 08, 2009, 03:30:33 PM
Reply #10

menace64

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »
Leo I hope you don't think I'm one of the FK naysayers. I'm pretty stoked for the game and have been extremely patient throughout the course of this past year.

FM, I wouldn't say Decipher killed LotR, nor would I say that they "let" it happen. Bloodlines was the last decent set and that was because after the WotR block Decipher lost everybody but Kendrick, and no one (except for me, of course) could have done a better job designing an entire block on his own than he did. Decipher's financial crisis hit them hard and while it'd be foolish to say that they weren't partly (mostly?) responsible for their economic woes, a lot of crap hit the fan that they just had no control over.

That being said, I'm really jazzed that they've got another game in the oven. If you enjoyed LotR - or SWCCG, or ST1E or 2E, or ANY of their not-Beyblade games - then you should be chomping at the bit for FK. This is the same core group of designers that brought you each of those games and this new product looks to be delivering the same great product.

/sellout

January 08, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
Reply #11

Kralik

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
ANY of their not-Beyblade games

Does that include Austin Powers? :P

January 08, 2009, 08:20:57 PM
Reply #12

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 08:20:57 PM »
ANY of their not-Beyblade games

Does that include Austin Powers? :P

Or MegaMan TCG? I've still got beta decks for that one.

January 08, 2009, 08:34:18 PM
Reply #13

menace64

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 08:34:18 PM »
Both of those games were awesome.

January 08, 2009, 09:20:35 PM