LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK  (Read 20510 times)

November 20, 2020, 07:48:48 AM
Reply #90

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2020, 07:48:48 AM »
Update:
I regenerated some sites today (got my files back), and everything seems to be working fine. I don't know what happened with the sites before.

December 11, 2020, 06:53:59 AM
Reply #91

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2020, 06:53:59 AM »
How do you put the king and weta symbols on a card, as shown in this post?

December 11, 2020, 07:32:14 AM
Reply #92

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2020, 07:32:14 AM »
Use the custom_icon column. Those two icons are called "weta" and "king_countdown".

See the custom_icon section of the documentation for how to include new icons etc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cNroWUOQIsaYW1oCn4Mb5EtAfMQXgrekxR5INhLkkYc/edit?usp=drivesdk
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

December 11, 2020, 09:19:26 AM
Reply #93

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »
Thanks, I must have missed that.

January 17, 2021, 09:07:18 PM
Reply #94

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2021, 09:07:18 PM »
Card Generator v2.0.0 Update

THIS IS A BIG UPDATE.  In particular, it alters the behavior of some of the csv columns, so read carefully if you've got existing spreadsheets that you are moving to a new version, as those will not work until they have been properly adjusted!

First of all, many of the size-factor columns have been adjusted.  Before, to adjust e.g. the game text width you had to know that it defaulted to 69% and that if you wanted a wider area you would change it to 70% or 71%, and if you wanted a narrower area you would make it 67% (etc).  This made altering sizes very tedious, as you had to basically experiment just to figure out what the default was, and then make your real adjustments from there.

As of now, all size columns are now MULTIPLIERS instead of absolute values. What this means is, instead of saying "71%" to make the game text area a little wider, you say "1.02" to make it wider, or "0.98" to make it narrower (specifically, 2% wider or 2% narrower, in these examples).  Affected columns have also usually had their names changed to make things less confusing as to their intended use.

A few new columns have also been added:
- title_area_scale permits for modifier cards (Possessions, etc) to have their title area extended, which can affect how long titles are cut into two lines (characters are unaffected as theirs already fills the entire visible area). 
- type_text_scale lets you alter the text size of the text in the type bar. 

To update your CSV to be compatible with the new release, follow these steps:

• Back up your cards.csv
  • Add new column title_area_scale
  • Add new column type_text_scale
  • Rename column title_font_size -> title_text_scale (and change absolute % values to multipliers)
  • Rename column subtitle_font_size -> subtitle_text_size (and change absolute % values to multipliers)

If you never used any of the columns from game_text_width onward, then I would advise copy-pasting your old card data (but not the columns!) into the included cards.csv with the release.

If you have any problems upgrading your CSV, please let me know here and I will help help you (up to and including doing it for you if you send me the csv).

The generator now has support for more file type outputs than just PNG.  You can now go into the settings.txt file and change output_format to be one of either png, jpg, gif, or bmp to have your output file match your selection.  Note that PNGs are the only file type that will "cut" the corners round, as that relies on transparency.  All others will simply have square corners.

The generator also has support for a new type of output: mockups. 

I don't expect this to be used by anyone outside of the Player's Council, but the basic idea is that cards which are not ready have a mode to be drawn in which looks like it was made with crayons.  To use this mode, either change the force_mockup setting to True, or add "mockup" to any card's tags column, and then bask in the wondrous result:

(crappy mspaint portrait art not included)

As you can see, no one would ever look at this card and think "you know what, that looks ready to print".  For the PC, this can be valuable to communicate the state of a card instantaneously.  For everyone else, well, I guess you don't have to use it.

And as a final note, nanDECK was updated to the non-beta 1.25.3.  Be sure to include that folder when updating your installation. 

Again, if you have any problems with updating your existing spreadsheets, then do not hesitate to reach out to me here or on the PC Discord for help.

Download link in the OP.

Documentation is included as a PDF with each release.  The latest version can also be found here on Google docs.

If you have a previous version installed then close nanDECK, make sure to back up your cards.csv and card_portraits / card_output folders, then copy-paste the contents of the zip into your existing installation folder.

Change Log:

• Updated nanDECK to the latest 1.25.3 final release.
  • Fixed Dwarven culture icons not showing on full art cards.
  • All absolute size-based columns have been replaced with size-factor columns that treat 1.0 as no change and 0.5 and 2.0 as half and double, respectively.  Some names have been altered as a result.
  • Added a column for manually setting the size of the modifier template title bar
  • Added a column for manually sizing the text in the type bar
  • Fixed a recurring thin spacing bug
  • Added support for creating mockup cards, either via the new force_mockup setting, or on a per-card basis with the mockup tag.
  • Added new output_format setting that can be set to various output formats, notably jpg.
  • Made various small adjustments to alignment/size that were found to be out of whack.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:22:43 PM by TelTura »
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

January 26, 2021, 01:35:01 PM
Reply #95

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2021, 01:35:01 PM »
A couple of things, first, I'm not entirely sure what "force_mockup" changes. Does it make it use "crappy" templates?
Also (I haven't updated my nanDECK yet, so maybe this was fixed) I can't get unique dots to print on The One Ring cards..

January 26, 2021, 01:39:22 PM
Reply #96

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2021, 01:39:22 PM »

A couple of things, first, I'm not entirely sure what "force_mockup" changes. Does it make it use "crappy" templates?

Yes, that's precisely it, crappy templates and icons. Compare the image just posted with the Isildur, Heir of Elendil that it's based on.

Also (I haven't updated my nanDECK yet, so maybe this was fixed) I can't get unique dots to print on The One Ring cards..

Another user reported this with a previous version, and it should be fixed with the new release. If you use the release it has the latest version of nanDECK included, so you shouldn't need to manually update.

If the problem persists tho send me the problem csv and I'll take a look.

January 26, 2021, 01:40:44 PM
Reply #97

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2021, 01:40:44 PM »
Great, thanks for the clarification!

January 26, 2021, 04:48:11 PM
Reply #98

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2021, 04:48:11 PM »
Unfortunately the title is no longer displaying... https://i.imgur.com/JjNBkFN.png.

Also, for good measure, I attached the spreadsheet.

January 26, 2021, 08:47:59 PM
Reply #99

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2021, 08:47:59 PM »

Card Generator v2.0.1 Update

See above for upgrade instructions if you are upgrading from version 1.x!

See download link in the OP.

Documentation is included as a PDF with each release.  The latest version can also be found here on Google docs.

If you have a previous version installed then close nanDECK, make sure to back up your cards.csv and card_portraits / card_output folders, then copy-paste the contents of the zip into your existing installation folder.

Change Log:

• Fixed One Ring template not rendering title.
  • Fixed rare text corruption involving thin spaces.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:47:41 PM by TelTura »

January 26, 2021, 08:49:51 PM
Reply #100

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2021, 08:49:51 PM »
You should be good to go, James.  That was a dumb oversight on my part; I updated every card layout with the new title scaling logic except the one ring (and sites, which are fixed in size).  Let me know if the new version doesn't work for you.

January 26, 2021, 10:46:24 PM
Reply #101

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2021, 10:46:24 PM »
Card Generator v2.0.2 Update

See above for upgrade instructions if you are upgrading from version 1.x!

Download link in the OP.

Change Log:

• Fixed the resistance ring icon being named incorrectly, which made ring-bearers impossible to make.  Only the images changed in this release; if you previously downloaded the Huge templates you will need to get them again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:55:51 PM by TelTura »

January 27, 2021, 04:24:24 AM
Reply #102

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2021, 04:24:24 AM »
Wonderful! Thank you so much for helping, and for making this awesome tool in the first place.

January 28, 2021, 12:01:41 PM
Reply #103

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »
I've had this problem a couple times, when generating nanDECK says "Warning: counter A used without initialization
Warning: counter C used without initialization
Warning: counter E used without initialization
Warning: counter F used without initialization
Warning: counter I used without initialization"

It then refuses to draw the Possession • Type in middle of the bar, like this.

https://i.imgur.com/RaDjrFN.png

For good measure, the spreadsheet is attached.

January 28, 2021, 12:08:41 PM
Reply #104

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2021, 12:08:41 PM »
Hmm. Usually this is a result of a malformed spreadsheet. I will investigate and get you a more firm answer later tonight.