LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Help Balancing Towers Starters  (Read 6724 times)

September 01, 2020, 01:55:58 PM
Reply #15

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Help Balancing Towers Starters
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 01:55:58 PM »
I hadn't considered how much damage Legolas would do to Dunland. I think including 2-3 Isengard Tinkers/Isengard Journeyman from the Faramir starter is a great idea. Just something to soak up an arrow occasionally, not something to nullify Legolas entirely.

I'm interested to see how the games go without swapping Shadow sides, but giving Rohan some of those tools. You're definitely going to need to get some cards if you want to get much further, though -- they are only starter decks, after all. 'Course, it's all the fun and none of the financial commitment at http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/ ;)

September 02, 2020, 04:51:46 PM
Reply #16

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 04:51:46 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that. I will be playing more LOTR games on GEMP first.

For when I test towers starters again I picked Aragon, Theoden (which I have been testing) and Legolas (there is another post about balancing Towers starters that includes balancing Aragorn against Legolas.) Aragorn and Legolas from that post. My swapped shadow Aragorn vs Theoden. Aragorn vs Theoden with their normal shadow sides. And what if Aragorn uses Theoden's Uruks vs Legolas? (In a post about winning a starter games vs the Witch King/Ents starter Theoden's
 shadow is describes as being able to make the Ents "think twice") And how would modified Theoden (with either the normal uruks or Dunland with Isengard Orcs from Farmir) handle Legolas's Shadow. I lost to Legolas's shadow with Eowyn years ago and Eowyn has elite riders, horses and spears, I already borrowed Elite Riders for Theoden, could swap in the spears and improved (cheaper) horses from Eowyn. And eventually order towers cards because a collection of Towers starters and several packs each of Helm's Deep and Ents of Fanghorn and one pack of Towers has its limits.

-elfwarrior

October 19, 2020, 04:10:14 PM
Reply #17

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 04:10:14 PM »
I set up the  60 card Towers Block Starters on GEMP for testing purposes. I plan to collect affordable Towers Block paper cards.

I found that the starters on GEMP are 60 cards and simply add cards to the starter lists. The Theoden starter added both healing allies and 2 well stored (which heals a villager) I made the changes you suggested for the paper deck, replacing the heavy chains with a Hlafwine and a Leod. Two allies need mounted companions and this is a 60 card deck so I replaced the last Heavy chain with a second Brego. (it heals) I replaced the riders of Rohan with Elite riders. Of course shadows can still be swapped for alternate versions. Then some higher vitality minions would have to be added to the Dunland side if they are facing Legolas and Aragorn Wingfoot.

Here are the decks Maybe repalce theod and Weland with another Hlafwine and another Guma in case horses get stolen by one of the 4 pillagers? Is pump villager and one heal villager on the board enough? then the mounted only villagers could be replaced

Modified GEMP Theoden with Uruk Hai:

Theoden Starter Modified
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Tired Traveller
Ring: The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Adventure deck:
Horse-country
Uruk Camp
Throne Room
Westemnet Hills
Deep of Helm
Hornburg Armory
King's Room