LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rohan Unheeded Wounding  (Read 5344 times)

December 28, 2009, 10:48:50 PM
Read 5344 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Rohan Unheeded Wounding
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:48:50 PM »
Companions/Followers:

*Frodo, WftJ
*The One Ring, The Great Ring
*Eomer, Horsemaster
*Merry, Swordthain
Eowyn, LoI
Rohirrim Guard x2
Legolas, Fearless Marksman
Daddy Twofoot, Nextdoor Neighbor

Possessions:
Eomer's Spear, Trusty Weapon
Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade
Firefoot
Brego
Rider's Mount
Rohirrim Javelin x3
Coif

Events:
Unheeded x3
Simbelmyne x4
Unyielding x3

Conditions:
Fortress Never Fallen
Shadowplay x3
Birthday Present
Home and Hearth x2
Scouring of the Shire

(35)

So basically it's an Unheeded+Rohirrim Guard+Shadowplay lather, rinse, repeat type of business. Discard your Javelins for wounds, and discard whatever you don't need for Unyeilding, and just use Merry to get everything you need back out. Let a Guard die if needed, and play another one; all possessions can be brought back with Merry. It cycles fairly well with the Guard and Legolas if needed. It could be slimmed down, but I'll figure out what to cut later.

Howeverrrr, something about this deck isn't clicking with me. I tested it a few times and it wasn't setting up properly, and if a minion survived to the skirmish, it wasn't too fun. (maybe take something out for some pumps?) Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:32:27 AM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

December 29, 2009, 04:36:53 AM
Reply #1

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: Rohan Unheeded Wounding
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:36:53 AM »
add birthday present since your only shire event is unheeded so you can get it back, also, sam, SoH will remove the burdens added by birthday present.
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

December 29, 2009, 07:29:21 PM
Reply #2

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:29:21 PM »
Well Daddy Twofoot does the same job as Birthday Present, and Sam's X-ed, no? But I don't think I'll have to worry about burdens much, unless it's corruption (obviously).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:30:54 AM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

December 30, 2009, 02:26:14 AM
Reply #3

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 02:26:14 AM »
ok but what if your opponent is playing a swarm so it's minions can't exert? i would change to the great ring and fit a couple home and hearth to remove burdens with merry.

June 01, 2010, 12:22:39 AM
Reply #4

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 12:22:39 AM »
So I was toying with this decklist and I modified it a bit...but I still don't really feel it; it feels like I'm missing something obvious. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as this deck is starting to annoy me hah.

Trade List

June 01, 2010, 12:29:36 AM
Reply #5

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »
Scouring of the Shire, obviously. You depend on your conditions, and with them gone, it is a lot harder to repeat the trick.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 01, 2010, 01:07:04 AM
Reply #6

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 01:07:04 AM »

June 01, 2010, 02:28:18 AM
Reply #7

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 02:28:18 AM »
@Gil: aside from that, I feel like the "trick" itself isn't too solid in itself. I don't know if the whole system can get going quickly enough, and if a minion survives to the skirmish, that I may just get worked.

@lego3333: With Shadowplay/Undeeded, would there even be room to exert Merry any further, let alone twice?

Trade List

November 19, 2010, 04:30:06 PM
Reply #8

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
Hey!

I just got back to the game last week after about five years of hiatus, but in the time I was not active the handful of games I played was with a very similar fellowship, also I think that I used this fellowship the most :).

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though, because I only played until the release of Bloodlines, and I'm sure that the metagame has changed a lot since then.

So, in my experience, the week spot was always Merry, he often got eaten up by a Gorgoroth Assassin or Between Nazgul and Prey or something similar, and my backup plan for such situations was to switch into tank style. For example I had Théoden, TAP in my starting fellowship in the place of Éomer, and I played 2 Riders of the Mark, a Rohirrim Army, and a Gamling, DOH. One copy of Cliffs of Emyn Muil can be lifesaver too for him. Rohirrim Helm can be extremely useful too imo, because sometimes you can only take down bigger minions to 1 vitality (because of wound preventation or other reasons).

Also I tried the Merry's Sword / Sword Rack combo, and I was not convinced by it, but who knows... you may eventually end up with a different conclusion if you try it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:31:55 PM by Shelobplayer »