LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: GCCG community a disappointment?  (Read 1074 times)

October 05, 2010, 02:41:29 PM
Read 1074 times

Bartol91

• Information Offline
  • Orc
GCCG community a disappointment?
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »
Been watching games for a while now, and I just can't believe the things people are doing...
3x Fat one wants it in play at the same time, but they didn't even add threats when they played him, and they played him with Captured by the ring. The other player assigned his RB Boromir, BoC without wounding him or adding any burdens.

That is just the example from the latest game I watched, the other incidents... Well I can't remember any now, but there were loads of these kinds of situations. Makes me die a bit inside every time I see something like that.

Did I just have really bad luck, or are most of the people like that?

p.s. No one seems to take notice of the x lists. -.-

I watched FotR, Movie and Standard formats.

October 05, 2010, 02:52:29 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: GCCG community a disappointment?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
I have the biggest problem with three Fat One Wants It in play...that card is unique.
-wtk

October 05, 2010, 03:19:57 PM
Reply #2

Bartol91

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »
I have the biggest problem with three Fat One Wants It in play...that card is unique.
-wtk

Exactly. And the Boromir, BoC thing hurts me the most... Removing the penalty of a 7 str RB is plain dumb. Why not use Gandalf, BoO and not add burdens when you move. Then no one would use Frodo, Smeagol, BoGS, Bilbo, BotB or Galadriel, BoW. (But ok, it is not impossible that the persons playing were friends and they said it was ok to remove the RB penalty, but kept Boromirs effect (the discarding one).)

October 05, 2010, 03:23:44 PM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »
No offense, but I think the biggest disappointment is that you are sitting around watching games instead of actually participating.
-wtk

October 05, 2010, 03:27:17 PM
Reply #4

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »
With what's he seen, I can't blame him.

October 05, 2010, 03:31:08 PM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
Be the change you want to see in the world, I guess.
-wtk

October 05, 2010, 03:34:20 PM
Reply #6

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
And on record, I have never seen anything like that. There are two players in a game. If neither catches it, then you are watching the same two bad players.

I will admit that sometimes I add a threat for Captured By the Ring but can't see Fat One Wants It in the crowded support area of a Ninja Gollum deck, or that I move and say "Shadow Phase" before exerting for the Under the Watching Eye in play, but when the mistake is realized, it is easily correctable and most players don't have a problem with it.

Another classic is healing at sanctuaries. Sometimes you will move and say, "Oh #$&*@!, do you mind if I heal?" Keep in mind the game is being played on a computer screen. You aren't touching actual cards. And with all the talk about new formats, etc., being created, who is to say that some #$&*@! didn't decide that Fat One Wants It is not unique for their game?

If it is a huge problem, get involved. Otherwise, stay on the sidelines and don't worry about it.
-wtk
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:58:54 PM by ket_the_jet »

October 05, 2010, 05:42:32 PM
Reply #7

Kralik

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 05:42:32 PM »
Why not simply say something? Sometimes it is NEW players and they do not know what they are doing/not doing correctly. Typically if I watch such a game I may make a few suggestions here and there, and see how they are taken. Most of the time it's, "Oh, really? I had no idea..."

Did you /whois the players and see how many games they have played? I doubt that anyone with any substantial number of games under their belt is playing that way unless they play (bad) "house rules" with a friend only. I haven't been on GCCG too much recently, but usually the players I see on are those who are courteous, fun opponents and have played hundreds of games.

October 05, 2010, 07:21:31 PM
Reply #8

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »
Everyone will miss something here and there on gccg, human error is a part of all things.

Lotr Tcg does involve a lot of thinking. Do you remember the players names? If I'm ever watching a game and notice an error, I just tell them... Usually the response will be 'Crap, how did I miss that'..

The community is not a disappointment. Everyone is new to gccg at some stage and until you play games flawlessly yourself, don't judge others too quickly..

October 05, 2010, 08:05:56 PM
Reply #9

Bartol91

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
Then it must have just been a streak of bad luck.

I did comment on these mistakes, but mostly the replies I got were either STFU!!1!one!! or one of them asking politely for me to leave their game, which I mostly did after that. I know it is in the human nature do make mistakes, but when people react in  the given manner, it is a great disappointment.

Ket, as for you saying the greatest disappointment being that I  watch games instead of playing them:
1. I never stated that I do not play games myself.
2. Some people watch football, some watch basketball, some prefer baseball. I enjoy watching a good game online,  seeing  other peoples deck and strategy.

October 06, 2010, 05:30:13 AM
Reply #10

Kralik

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 05:30:13 AM »
I did comment on these mistakes, but mostly the replies I got were either STFU!!1!one!!

In that case I suggest taking note of the players' names and avoiding them. You could also tell us so we know who won't take the rules seriously. :P

October 06, 2010, 05:38:32 AM
Reply #11

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 05:38:32 AM »
...or maybe you commented on their game in a rude manner. also, it could be that they are playing with their own "house rules". then again, i've never been on gccg so i wouldn't know

October 06, 2010, 07:14:35 AM
Reply #12

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 07:14:35 AM »
I myself had some few bad experiences with 2-3 certain players, but other than that, players on GCCG are a wonderful lot.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

October 06, 2010, 09:35:01 AM
Reply #13

Bartol91

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 09:35:01 AM »
...or maybe you commented on their game in a rude manner. also, it could be that they are playing with their own "house rules". then again, i've never been on gccg so i wouldn't know

"May I just ask how did you play 3 Fat one wants it ? Is it not a unique card?"
Rude? And I already stated the possibility that they were friends and used a special set of rules, but the fact that it was easier to act like a total douche and give into nerd-rage instead of just saying "house rules" or something...

October 06, 2010, 03:14:47 PM
Reply #14

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
i'm just pretty surprised with the widespread ignorance of how resistance becomes unbearable is suposed to be played...

almost every game, people think that the ring-bearer has to be exhausted BEFORE the card is played for it to force the ring-bearer to wear the one ring.