LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rangers/Sauron Wounding. Need help!  (Read 13486 times)

October 31, 2010, 10:36:18 AM
Reply #15

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Rangers/Sauron Wounding. Need help!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »
As the ring bearer, Boromir gains the word "ring-bound."
-wtk

October 31, 2010, 11:43:51 AM
Reply #16

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
wow, didn't notice that about the FP...

anyways, putting in 1 or 2 orc archer troop won't hurt i guess... its still within the theme of the shadow anyways.

November 02, 2010, 04:11:03 PM
Reply #17

Fowler

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »
Is a complete disaster my deck... Is possible that gondor+sauron wounding can will win games? Or is better change the fellow? actually im playing this deck;

*Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets (RB)(9R+30

The One Ring, Such a Weight To Carry (7R2)

Fellowship (35) 
1x *Thrarin, Dwarven Smith (1U27
2x *Scroll of Isildur (9R36
1x *Seeing Stone of Minas Arnor (9R37
1x *Seeing Stone of Orthanc (9R38
1x *Anborn, Skilled Huntsman (6C48
1x *Damrod, Ranger of Ithilien (4U114
1x *Faramir, Ithilien Ranger (6P121)  (start)
1x *Mablung, Soldier of Gondor (4U127
1x *Sam, Son Of Hamfast (1C311)  (start)
4x Ranger of Ithilien (4C130
3x Don't Look at Them (6R39
2x Hobbit Appetite (1C294
4x Might Of Numenor (3C43
2x Power According to His Stature (1R308
4x Coat of Mail (1C101
4x Knight's Spear (7C108
1x Boromir My Brother
1x Last Throw

shadow (35)

4x Orc Assassin
4x Orc Scouting Band
2x Orc Cutthroat
2x Orc Patrol
3x Grishnakh, Orc Captain
2x Desert Lord
2x Ulairë Enqueä, Liutenant of Morgul
2x Grond, Hammer of the Underworld
4x Hate
4x Under the Watching Eye
4x Orc Bowmen
2x Dead Marshes

November 02, 2010, 09:04:48 PM
Reply #18

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Fowler, how does your Fellowship actually kill anything? Besides Smeagol? You could play cards that do things instead of Coat of Mail and Might of Numenor. I know people like Might here, but I would play Sapling of the White Tree, power up Scroll of Isildur, and have protection in the skirmish phase. Or Athelas, which is never a bad card.

November 02, 2010, 09:14:35 PM
Reply #19

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
Honestly, my favorite run of Movie Block Ring-Bound Rangers right now is one that jdizzy runs. He packs Ranger Bow, Banner of Westernesse, and Citadel of Minas Tirith and kills all of the minions with that, New Errand, and Arrows Thick in the Air. Great deck.

That's my deck!!! I made it first! It's mine! Mine, mine, MINE! Just mine! ;)

That's who gave me the idea!  I had forgotten who gave me the idea to run gondy rangers with the bows and citadels.  Thanks for the complement ket.  And, gotta give credit where credit is due, thanks for the deck idea hrcho.  It is a very fun deck to play, you're a genius for thinking of it!
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

November 03, 2010, 03:52:13 AM
Reply #20

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 03:52:13 AM »
That's who gave me the idea!  I had forgotten who gave me the idea to run gondy rangers with the bows and citadels.  Thanks for the complement ket.  And, gotta give credit where credit is due, thanks for the deck idea hrcho.  It is a very fun deck to play, you're a genius for thinking of it!

Really?  :-?

I mean, yes... of course I am. I know that.  8-)

Fowler, how does your Fellowship actually kill anything? Besides Smeagol? You could play cards that do things instead of Coat of Mail and Might of Numenor. I know people like Might here, but I would play Sapling of the White Tree, power up Scroll of Isildur, and have protection in the skirmish phase. Or Athelas, which is never a bad card.

As Zadetek said, Sapling of the White Tree requires spotting of an unbound [Gondor] Man and Smeagol, BoGS makes that a tough thing to do. Coat of Mail and Might of Numenor are probably among the most used [Gondor] cards and for a good reason.

@ramolnar: I think you should decide if you want Power Rangers or Shooter rangers. Former being Faramir, CoG, Ranger of Ithilien and an occasional Gondorian Ranger equipped with Sword of Gondor, Faramir's Cloak and skirmish events that make them nasty. The latter is a wounding type of deck which runs mainly around Ranger Bow and Mablung. Both versions need good site-uppers (cards that raise minions site number). For Power Rangers you'd be best off with Ancient Roads and a copy or two of Gondorian Ranger. Shooters are best with Gondorian Ranger and run best if you have Boromir or Isildur as RB. Also, Shooters require massive amounts of healing.

I'm guessing you just want to make a running deck and a version of Power Rangers would be your best bet. Just make sure you have plenty of after-fellowship-phase healing (Might of Numenor being the best card for it), lot of burden removal for Smeagol and Coat of Mail for your rangers to survive big nasties.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:55:10 AM by hrcho »
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

November 03, 2010, 05:19:02 AM
Reply #21

Fowler

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 05:19:02 AM »
the question is, can work rangers/smeagol runner/gondor with Sauron Wounding?

Play a Ranger Bow Deck has the risk that if fail with Might of Numeror... More good cards to heal? (or can heal more that one wound)

The Fellow with coat of mail is plenty of commons and seems weak but works fine;

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,4163.0.html

November 03, 2010, 06:13:26 AM
Reply #22

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 06:13:26 AM »
Might of Numenor, Banner of Westernesse, Citadel of Minas Tirith and Light Shining Faintly are the main healing engines, but if you wanna run, Might of Numenor and Banner of Westernesse are the only ones that can help you to survive the run.

I pack my Ranger Wounding deck with Site Control Dunland, because they are the ones who cause the most trouble to my Rangers so I make sure I control sites faster than my opponent.

I still think you'd be better of with Power Rangers. They are much easier to keep alive and rely on fewer cards. Ranger Wounding can be powerful and it's very fun, but it needs to be packed with a fast shadow and Sauron Wound is not that fast.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

November 04, 2010, 02:49:05 PM
Reply #23

bolgerfattie

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »
you are a famous Magic player, not a LOTR player. Spend money for a ELVES/ NAZGUL  deck.

Dont think in a shadow deck that dies to Legolas dauthless hunter + hobbits .

...or play ichorid again.   

November 04, 2010, 05:50:20 PM
Reply #24

Fowler

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »

you are a famous Magic player, not a LOTR player. Spend money for a ELVES/ NAZGUL  deck.

Dont think in a shadow deck that dies to Legolas dauthless hunter + hobbits .

...or play ichorid again.   

I like orcs, and play LotR for fun. This isnt mtg ¬¬

November 07, 2010, 06:12:03 AM
Reply #25

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 06:12:03 AM »
know people like Might here, but I would play Sapling of the White Tree, power up Scroll of Isildur, and have protection in the skirmish phase.

Again, you need to spot an unbound [Gondor] Man to play Sapling of the White Tree. It is kind of a wasted slot unless you run Madril, Faramir's Aide or an Aragorn who will be a main companion. Is King in Exile worth it for the single heal of Faramir, Captain of Gondor each turn? Probably not.
-wtk

November 07, 2010, 09:18:06 AM
Reply #26

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »
seriously? ur shadow still isn't winning games for you? utwe +orc bowmen + hate should be enough unless you're up against major healing... hrm... i'd recommend these changes:

-1 ulaire enquea or desert lord (i'd say enquea)
-1 orc assassin
+1 tower assassin (in case there are allies that heal)
+1 orc ambusher (cheaper)

anyways, my sauron wounding looks like this...

4x utwe
4x orc bowmen
4x hate
4x orc scouting band
2x orc cutthroat
3x orc patrol
3x grishnakh
1x Desert Lord
1x Ulaire Enquea
1x Dead Marshes
4x Orc Soldier
2x Orc Ambusher
1x Tower Assassin
1x Mordor Strength (surprise!)

anyways, i pair this shadow with a dwarven fellowship. i don't usually hold cards in my hand, basically just put down minions that can fit within the given twilight.

i noticed the cards that usually gets stuck in my hand is enquea since my opponent expects it and usually maintain 5 companions or below 6 burdens. also, i used to use 1x Grond, hotu but i swap it out for a third Orc Patrol... no big issue, i think you can use either.

Things to note however:
1. Sam, Son of Hamfast is banned in our games, so I don't have the use for orc Assassin and that's why he's not in my deck. Anyways, decks that use Sam, SoH usually have him for fodder anyways. no point putting in 4 assassins to counter 1 companion that the FP will willingly have killed anyway. those that run more than sam,soh should be able to have cards to take care of assassin.
2. Enquea gets stuck in my hand most of the time. So I would suggest cutting down to 1 enquea.
3. Use the sites: Use the site that gives +2 to minion archery total for each companion over 4 - it'll make things bloddy pretty quick (not sure if there is an rotk site available for this in movie block though). Use the site 3 that adds threats so when someone dies, you get a few additional wounds.
4. Due to luck, I guess...I haven't been able to play against condition discarding freeps. the worst i've been up against was Gandalf's discard all, Blood runs chill and Fortress never fallen. So I keep 1 marshes.

tweak your FP a bit... and cut down on the orc assassins. your shadow seems good to go.

November 07, 2010, 04:54:37 PM
Reply #27

Fowler

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »
ty itjunkie, gold for u

I like Desert Lord to made 2 extertions and keep a hate for next turn and kill the best companion. With Morgullduin is reasonable cut a Enquea, agree.

I think that 2x Dead marshes is auto-include

In my meta people play Sam, SoH and Galadriel LR...

November 07, 2010, 05:01:18 PM
Reply #28

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »
Here is the answer to all riddles, as far as I am concerned.
-wtk

November 08, 2010, 01:48:09 AM
Reply #29

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 01:48:09 AM »
lol i tried your shadow, ket. paired it with the dwarves... maybe it's not meant to be paired with dwarves, but your build didn't quite work for me.
i'll give it a few more tries though once my 2nd copy of they stole it arrives :) i think the gollum side focuses more on they stole it in this deck as opposed to the threats, so i'll give it more tries as soon as my gollum cards are complete. i play a lot of multiplayer games though...bowmen do more damage in multiplayer as opposed to threats.

@fowler