LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 198215 times)

November 30, 2011, 02:32:19 PM
Reply #60

Arcanite

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 02:32:19 PM »
Terrible and Evil doesn't let you choose a minion to wound if his vitality left is other than number of times Gandalf exerted - any minion should be possible to choose.
To be honest, I'm not sure if you should be able to choose a minion with less vitality than the X chosen to damage it (I assume you're doing it because of damage prevention available, like - Hides). But for now, that's how it gonna be - you WILL be able to choose a character with less vitality than X, when instructed by game/card to wound character X times, as long as it can take wounds.

You may just want to wound it once for whatever reason, without killing it. EG. using it with Eowyn LOI

November 30, 2011, 03:02:04 PM
Reply #61

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
It sometimes is, sometimes it's not :)

Helpless can be played only when you can spot Frodo. When the card was printed, you could not spot Frodo while Sam was the ring-bearer. So there was no problem - Sam bearing Helpless could not become the ring-bearer (as his response action was erased by condition) but if he already has taken the ring, there was no Frodo to spot and play Helpless.

Then we got Frodo, Frenzied Fighter and Sam, Bearer of Great Need. This is when clarification was needed - as it was possible to play Helpless on Sam who already was the ring-bearer. I don't remember how it was exactly explained, but final ruling was that when Helpless is played on Sam, Bearer of Great Need bearing The One Ring, he looses the resistance boost and regroup ability, but is still allowed to be the ring-bearer (as this doesn't come from his game text but from him having ringed resistance icon) and stays ringbound (he loses this keyword coming from game text, but game rules say that your ring-bearer is always ringbound.

November 30, 2011, 04:04:01 PM
Reply #62

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »
So, to quickly summarize the whole "removing game text" and make sure I get it right in the program:
- roaming is not really a keyword, it's a special qualifier, like say - "wounded" or "mounted",
- Ring-bearer is a keyword, but cannot be removed by the "remove game text" effect,
- Ring-bound is a keyword, but cannot be removed from a Ring-bearer, however it can be removed from non-Ring-bearer character.

Correct?
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 01, 2011, 12:42:16 AM
Reply #63

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 12:42:16 AM »
- roaming is not really a keyword, it's a special qualifier, like say - "wounded" or "mounted"
- Ring-bearer is a keyword, but cannot be removed by the "remove game text" effect,
- Ring-bound is a keyword, but cannot be removed from a Ring-bearer, however it can be removed from non-Ring-bearer character.

Correct?
LotR TCG rules are sometimes a mess :) The only good thing is that we deal with a finite number of cards, so clarifications can be issued when needed.

I'd say that roaming is a "special qualifier" - describing a minion whose site number is higher than fellowship's current site. Ringbearer is both special qualifier (describing companion that currently bears The One Ring) and a keyword (having this keyword is one of the ways for a companion to be eligible to bear The One Ring, with two others being ringed resistance icon and Sam's response action). Finally, ringbound is a keyword which a companion can gain either from it being printed on the card (and then it can be removed) or directly from game rules (Frodo, Sam and any ring-bearer is always ringbound) - then it can't be removed.

Star-glass is a card that really could use some clarification. For example, if used on Easterling Captain bearing Easterling Polearm and Raider Bow (when there are 5 burdens), I'm sure that captain is no longer fierce, no longer an Easterling, can't use his skirmish action. But he remains a minion, a [Raider] Man, has 11+2 strength (11 his own, 2 from hand weapon) and cannot take wounds. But I'm not sure if he remains archer, damage +1 or ambush [5] - my first thought was that he does (as those are keywords from cards he bears), but there is a following clarification in the CRD: "Sometimes game text is added to a card by an effect, even though that text is not printed on that card." - an example here would really help, but we don't have one.

December 01, 2011, 06:53:31 AM
Reply #64

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 06:53:31 AM »
Starglass says "remove the game text . . . and make it unable to gain game text"

I understand that to prevent anything that adds to the minion's game text (including things that give keywords), but not responses or actions that trigger from something the minion does.

With this interpretation, the Captain cannot be made an archer or damage + anything, but the polearm could still give additional benefits if there are enough burdens.

Likewise, if Sam bearing WaW and Helpless wins a skirmish, he could still remove a burden.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

December 01, 2011, 06:59:18 AM
Reply #65

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »
- roaming is not really a keyword, it's a special qualifier, like say - "wounded" or "mounted"

Correct?
LotR TCG rules are sometimes a mess :) The only good thing is that we deal with a finite number of cards, so clarifications can be issued when needed.

I'd say that roaming is a "special qualifier" - describing a minion whose site number is higher than fellowship's current site. Ringbearer is both special qualifier (describing companion that currently bears The One Ring) and a keyword (having this keyword is one of the ways for a companion to be eligible to bear The One Ring, with two others being ringed resistance icon and Sam's response action). Finally, ringbound is a keyword which a companion can gain either from it being printed on the card (and then it can be removed) or directly from game rules (Frodo, Sam and any ring-bearer is always ringbound) - then it can't be removed.

Star-glass is a card that really could use some clarification. For example, if used on Easterling Captain bearing Easterling Polearm and Raider Bow (when there are 5 burdens), I'm sure that captain is no longer fierce, no longer an Easterling, can't use his skirmish action. But he remains a minion, a [Raider] Man, has 11+2 strength (11 his own, 2 from hand weapon) and cannot take wounds. But I'm not sure if he remains archer, damage +1 or ambush [5] - my first thought was that he does (as those are keywords from cards he bears), but there is a following clarification in the CRD: "Sometimes game text is added to a card by an effect, even though that text is not printed on that card." - an example here would really help, but we don't have one.

Star-Glass says that the target "removes gametext" and is "unable to GAIN gametext". My interpretation is that possessions, or conditions may still affect the bearer unless they are adding keywords like Archer, Fierce, Ambush, etc because in my mind these would allow the bearer to GAIN additional game text.

I'm not sure my interpretation is correct though.

EDIT: In other words, I agree with Air Power who apparently posted while I was typing!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:06:21 AM by Jerba »

December 01, 2011, 07:49:37 AM
Reply #66

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »
First of all I wanted to apologize for recent problems with the service. It has been going through huge changes, as the existing rule engine was not 100% accurate to the rules, it was only accurate in like 99.9% of cases. One thing that was not working, was if multiple triggers depending in playability on each other were triggered by one game event (one example would be "Southron Chieftain" + "Desert Runner", when both were assigned by the FP player at the same time). These situations are scarce, but still annoying, so I had to remedy the problem.

This timing #$&*@! is hopefully going to be fixed tonight, but some cards might have been broken in the process, so I'd like to ask you for patience if you encounter some cards not working, which were working before, or if the system freezes while you play, due to a bug introduced.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 01, 2011, 01:47:02 PM
Reply #67

Creator

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
Something is wrong with the archery phase. Occasionally, the minion or fellowship archery total holds over from the last phase; I just played a deck with Marshmalow. He had an archery shadow. At one point he played Sauron and an exert-to-wound Uruk archer. He exerted the archer (which should have reduced the minion archery to 0), but the minion archery total still came up as 2, and I had to assign wounds. It was 2 the LAST archery phase, but it seemed to not go away after I moved.

Thankfully it didn't disrupt gameplay too much, but I can see this being a serious problem; at one point I got out 6 fellowship archery. If that total were to hold over if I moved again, it would have been astronomically high the next archery phase: 6 from last turn, + 4 archers this turn.

December 01, 2011, 04:07:40 PM
Reply #68

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »
Something is wrong with the archery phase. Occasionally, the minion or fellowship archery total holds over from the last phase; I just played a deck with Marshmalow. He had an archery shadow. At one point he played Sauron and an exert-to-wound Uruk archer. He exerted the archer (which should have reduced the minion archery to 0), but the minion archery total still came up as 2, and I had to assign wounds. It was 2 the LAST archery phase, but it seemed to not go away after I moved.

Thankfully it didn't disrupt gameplay too much, but I can see this being a serious problem; at one point I got out 6 fellowship archery. If that total were to hold over if I moved again, it would have been astronomically high the next archery phase: 6 from last turn, + 4 archers this turn.

No, the problem is, that if you use something that modifies archery total of one side (other than standard archer keyword), it modifies the archery total of both sides. Like "Double Shot" works for both FP and shadow side. I've already fixed that, just need to restart the server.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 01, 2011, 05:23:39 PM
Reply #69

Creator

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
Ah, that's what it was. Ok, thanks.

December 02, 2011, 12:58:23 AM
Reply #70

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »
Gondor Bowmen adds 2 to the fellowship archery total too. :(
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

December 02, 2011, 02:44:06 AM
Reply #71

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »
Desert Scout gives ability to wound a companion to whichever player has initiative at the moment - it should give it only to minion's owner if he's got initiative.

December 02, 2011, 03:08:42 AM
Reply #72

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2011, 03:08:42 AM »
Desert Scout gives ability to wound a companion to whichever player has initiative at the moment - it should give it only to minion's owner if he's got initiative.
Are you sure it was the wounding ability that was given to FP player? At the moment (until restart) both players get the Ambush ability (adding twilight), but this will be fixed when I get the chance to restart.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 02, 2011, 03:09:08 AM
Reply #73

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2011, 03:09:08 AM »
Gondor Bowmen adds 2 to the fellowship archery total too. :(
See above - the archery problem. Once I restart it will be fixed.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

December 02, 2011, 06:05:26 AM
Reply #74

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 06:05:26 AM »
Archery bonuses should be working correctly. Also Ambush should be only usable by the minion owner now.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished