LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 198154 times)

April 23, 2012, 03:53:35 PM
Reply #840

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #840 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
Rabbit Stew not working.Site 5 happened when I won skirmish with frodo and Paths.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=yox1$5sopk97475u2pcdo
"Bearer must be a [Shire] companion". You had only Frodo and Aragorn in your fellowship, hence you couldn't transfer it to anyone.

Rabbit Stew says it can be transferred to a companion with the fellowship keyword. Aragorn has that keyword, so Rabbit Stew can indeed be transferred to him.
From comprehensive rules:
"An artifact or possession may be transferred only to a character who may bear it. (See bearer.)"

Rabbit Stew isn't an artifact or a possession. The card does exactly what it says in this case; it can transfer to ANY companion that has the fellowship keyword, even if it's not a [Shire] companion.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

April 23, 2012, 04:05:44 PM
Reply #841

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #841 on: April 23, 2012, 04:05:44 PM »
Rabbit Stew isn't an artifact or a possession. The card does exactly what it says in this case; it can transfer to ANY companion that has the fellowship keyword, even if it's not a [Shire] companion.
Fixed (after restart):
- "Rabbit Stew" can now be transferred to non-SHIRE companion.

Though whoever designed the card should have learned a bit about consistency. One part of the card says that only [Shire] companions can bear it, while another allows to transfer it to any culture companion (provided it has Fellowship keyword), effectively making it an in-eligible bearer.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 23, 2012, 04:57:32 PM
Reply #842

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #842 on: April 23, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
It's already in the game. Next to your name during game you'll see deck, hand and threat count. Next to it is a little "+" - plus sign button. Click it and you'll be able to access all the other zones - dead pile, discard and adventure deck. Of course you'll be able to browse (blue letters) only those you can actually see, based on game rules.

I'm aware of that, my point is it seems that half the time when I attempt that on my own cards it comes up blank.

As for seeing the top card of discard - it's possible at the moment, as you can trace back all the actions played in the game by looking at the game log. I'm not sure if there is much value in adding extra place to display the top card of discard.

Also, as you point out above, there's already an area in place to look at your opponent's discard, it just needs to be modified to only show the one card instead of being completely blank.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 23, 2012, 05:19:29 PM
Reply #843

Kralik

« Reply #843 on: April 23, 2012, 05:19:29 PM »
Though whoever designed the card should have learned a bit about consistency. One part of the card says that only [Shire] companions can bear it, while another allows to transfer it to any culture companion (provided it has Fellowship keyword), effectively making it an in-eligible bearer.

Not Decipher's strong point in their final sets -- see Whisper in the Dark.

Bill the Pony should subtract 1 from an underground site's twilight number before he is discarded, per Decipher's clarification. Yet... he does not.

EDIT: Link to Decipher's clarification on Bill the Pony: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/rules/faq.pdf
Unfortunately, this "clarification" contradicts other rules of the game, specifically the one describing in detail the movement procedure. I'm all for making Bill the Pony working as described in the clarifications, but I either have to change the rules (which might mess up other cards, so I'd rather not do that), or change the "text" of Bill the Pony. At the moment, it's discarded when player's marker is moved to the new (underground) site, which happens waaaay before twilight is added.

I've looked through the comprehensive rules and they say regarding movement:

• A Shadow player places the next site card, if needed.
• Move your player marker to the next site.
• Perform "When you move from..." actions.
• Perform "When the fellowship moves..." actions.
• Perform "When you move to..." actions.
• Add twilight tokens equal to the new site's Shadow number.
• Add 3 twilight tokens if the new site is in region 2; or 6 if it is in region 3.
• Add 1 twilight token for each companion.

So my guess is that, unless we have other cards that hinge on the distinction, the Fellowship is not actually AT the site until they've completed the last step (adding twilight for companions). In that case, Bill the Pony would still work. Of course... moving the player marker should count, but... *shrug*

The other possibility is that the Shadow number of the site is calculated before the move starts.

Any chance to code it to make the card work as Decipher intended?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:22:16 PM by Kralik »

April 23, 2012, 08:31:55 PM
Reply #844

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #844 on: April 23, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
I agree with Kralik. Also speaking of whisper in the dark.. Gemp still has some glitch when transfering saruman, sts bearing witd. when he is transfered back to support area the witd he was bearing ''covers up'' or 'blocks' other support are cards, rendering them unusable for the rest of the game. I'll find a link.

April 24, 2012, 02:00:01 AM
Reply #845

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #845 on: April 24, 2012, 02:00:01 AM »
I can change how the Bill the Pony works to effectively following:
"At the start of the Maneuver phase or when current site is replaced or when you play Bill the Pony, if fellowship is Underground, discard Bill the Pony"

Is there any other effect triggering the discarding needed?
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 24, 2012, 02:48:45 AM
Reply #846

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #846 on: April 24, 2012, 02:48:45 AM »
I'm aware of that, my point is it seems that half the time when I attempt that on my own cards it comes up blank.
I'll need more info on that, as it works for me every time. First - make sure that it should be showing any cards, i.e. you're not looking at your dead pile when nothing was killed yet. Second, you need to tell me what browser you are using and if you have any errors in JavaScript console, and if you do, you need to post them here.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 24, 2012, 04:23:19 AM
Reply #847

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #847 on: April 24, 2012, 04:23:19 AM »
"At the start of the Maneuver phase or when current site is replaced or when you play Bill the Pony, if fellowship is Underground, discard Bill the Pony"

A site can become underground without being replaced (Skulking Goblin).

Also, there may be a card that spots possessions during shadow phase to do something. It would be able to spot Bill after such change.

April 24, 2012, 04:29:48 AM
Reply #848

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #848 on: April 24, 2012, 04:29:48 AM »

A site can become underground without being replaced (Skulking Goblin).

Also, there may be a card that spots possessions during shadow phase to do something. It would be able to spot Bill after such change.
Sorry, I meant "Shadow" not "Maneuver".

So I can add "when Minion was played" to the list then.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 24, 2012, 06:09:27 AM
Reply #849

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #849 on: April 24, 2012, 06:09:27 AM »
I can't think of any cards, on either side, that would work any differently if Bill the Pony is coded the way you described. Good thinking!

April 24, 2012, 07:45:58 AM
Reply #850

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #850 on: April 24, 2012, 07:45:58 AM »
Meduseld is misspelled as Mudeseld.

April 25, 2012, 04:45:42 AM
Reply #851

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #851 on: April 25, 2012, 04:45:42 AM »
Hi maybe it is bug, i dont know...Orkish Flanker exerts a companion when mounted orc wins a skirmish...that exertion is placed before or after wound by skirmish? Including replay - skirm site 4 http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Floydos$y9gajr53ds4gp37x

April 25, 2012, 04:51:14 AM
Reply #852

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #852 on: April 25, 2012, 04:51:14 AM »
Hi maybe it is bug, i dont know...Orkish Flanker exerts a companion when mounted orc wins a skirmish...that exertion is placed before or after wound by skirmish? Including replay - skirm site 4 http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Floydos$y9gajr53ds4gp37x
Both placing wound for losing skirmish and Orkish Flanker trigger are required actions that happen at the same time, therefore it's up to the fellowship player to choose the order.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

April 25, 2012, 04:52:26 AM
Reply #853

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #853 on: April 25, 2012, 04:52:26 AM »
so that i was able to place exertion before actual wound by skirmish "landed"....??

April 25, 2012, 04:55:28 AM
Reply #854

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #854 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:28 AM »
so that i was able to place exertion before actual wound by skirmish "landed"....??
FP player chooses, he/she can either first wound it then exert, or first exert and then wound.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished