LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: What Are We Waiting For?  (Read 6022 times)

October 16, 2012, 08:17:01 AM
Read 6022 times

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
What Are We Waiting For?
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »
Has anyone ever built a deck focused What Are We Waiting For?

I found that it can be quite effective when paired with Great Works Begun There, especially when multiple copies of it are in play. It means that you can get multiple copies back in your hand each time you play a Dwarf.

For such a deck, I would pair it with The Irresistible Shadow and aim to get 5 burdens. The fellowship would move 1 site at the time, or would double move if you feel that your opponent discarded all of its Shadow cards. This is what I have built right now, its 30/30. I'm not sure if I should make it bigger or not. It can cycle quite fast with Great Works Begun There but adding cards would mean that it could take more time before drawing key cards.

Please give me some feedback / ideas.

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure deck:
East Road
Midgewater Moors
Ford of Bruinen
Eregion Hills
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Caras Galadhon
Anduin Confluence
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Summit of Amon Hen

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
4x Dwarf Guard
1x Farin, Dwarven Emissary
1x Fror, Gimli's Kinsman
1x Gimli, Son of Gloin
1x Gloin, Friend to Thorin
1x Grimir, Dwarven Elder
1x Thrarin, Dwarven Smith
4x Halls of My Home
4x What Are We Waiting For?
4x Great Works Begun There
4x Mines of Khazad-Dum
4x Till Durin Wakes Again

Shadow Draw Deck:
2x The Balrog, Durin's Bane
4x Morgul Skulker
1x Úlairë Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x Úlairë Otsëa, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x Must Do Without Hope
4x It Wants to be Found
1x Morgul Gates
3x The Irresistible Shadow
4x Tower of Barad-dur
3x Helpless

October 16, 2012, 08:49:06 AM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: What Are We Waiting For?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
With all the discarding of your own deck you are doing I'd make it bigger. I'd probably add more copies of the unique companions for healing.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

October 16, 2012, 08:55:24 AM
Reply #2

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »
With all the discarding of your own deck you are doing I'd make it bigger. I'd probably add more copies of the unique companions for healing.
Good idea. I was also thinking about adding Book of Mazarbul. Then I can have a larger shadow side.

October 16, 2012, 10:28:12 PM
Reply #3

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »
I've seen it used in a FOTR block deck. It was pretty good. I don't think I ever chose to skip my shadow phase though
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

October 18, 2012, 12:31:51 PM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
I think the idea is neat, but the support was just not there at the time. I'd consider porting this to Movie, because in Fellowship Block, you simply can't deal with a [Wraith] deck, I mean, sure, I'll discard my 2 extra copies of unique Nazgul and keep the Blade Tip and Black Breath you just drew me into, thanks to 1 extra twilight AND a wound on your dwarves (Make Light of Burdens simply won't cut it). If you're considering making it bigger, you could splash an Aragorn (fully geared) and slap in some Athelas, so you stand a chance with Nazgul due to Flaming Brand and being able to discard the pesky Black Breaths. You could even go deep and replace Gimli and run King in Exile for free heals.

October 19, 2012, 12:11:46 PM
Reply #5

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
This card is definitely a staple in my Discarding Dwarf "deckout" decks. Both the freep side and the shadow side concentrate primarily on decking out the opponent. I like to start with Legolas, Greenleaf and another dwarf. Greenleaf keeps problems out of my face, and also lets me use Cast It into the Fire! and The White Arrows of Lorien, with Shoulder to Shoulder to keep wounds off of Legolas. Nobody Tosses a Dwarf, Dwarven Axe, Dwarven Warrior, and Thorin III are there too, of course.

On the shadow side, primarily cards that get rid of cards just by playing them, like Uruk Soldier, Orc Inquisitor, Hand of Sauron, Desperate Measures, Desperate Defense of the Ring, Thin and Stretched, and Tower of Barad-Dur. The Irresistable Shadow is there too of course, but I don't really try that hard to burden the ring-bearer. Often times he ends up with enough burdens anyway (via the aforementioned conditions), but the primary goal is to make him lose cards as quickly as possible, and so disrupt any strategy he has, eventually resulting in having no minions to even play on you, allowing you to double with impunity.

Its not unbeatable, but it does work pretty well, and is certainly quite unpleasant to play against!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:13:21 PM by sgtdraino »
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir