LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Deck building challenge  (Read 24148 times)

September 08, 2013, 03:21:01 PM
Reply #45

ToPaxyGourouni

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Deck building challenge
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »
Don't play solo ring bearer decks. They never work, they die in site 7/8 and they make your opponent very miserable, as all choke decks do. Not a good game experience at all.

Here is something rediculous for you

Bilbo Ring Bearer + Any kind of Elves + 1 hobbit (merry perhaps). Snow ring.
Red Book of Westmarch + The Council of Elrond + Elven tales (Hosts of the last alliance, Alliance Reforged etc) + Songs of thew blessed Realm + Shire Countryside.

Bilbo Ring bearer. Play Council of Elrond to fetch Red Book of Westmarch. Add any number of burdens to bring (or not) rings from your draw deck. Play X Songs of the blessed realm and Y shire countrysides. Play an elven tale.Draw a card, remove X burdens and heal X*Y companions.

Use companions that exert for effects (like Merry, friend to sam) or any kind of elves you like.

This deck can heal rediculous amount of wounds each turn, in the numbers of 10-16 wounds healer per turn. The drawback is that you can only heal in the fellowship phase, because that's when you can play elven tales.

Bring this thing into expanded, discard your Hosts of the Last alliance to prevent wounds and bring them back with Gil Galad and watch the rediculous magic happen.

November 02, 2013, 03:00:44 PM
Reply #46

Zurcamos

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • Global Mod
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »
Don't play solo ring bearer decks. They never work, they die in site 7/8 and they make your opponent very miserable, as all choke decks do. Not a good game experience at all.

Your first part is completely untrue.  My solo Fellowships do fine, even on Gemp.  Your second part is an opinion.  Most people enjoy playing against a variety of decks (something you typically DON'T get on Gemp).  I get compliments all the time when I play my solo decks on there.

Also, the word you are going for is "ridiculous."

November 02, 2013, 05:57:53 PM
Reply #47

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
This deck can heal rediculous amount of wounds each turn, in the numbers of 10-16 wounds healer per turn. The drawback is that you can only heal in the fellowship phase, because that's when you can play elven tales.

I've seen a fun deck in FotR that used Voice of Nimrodel to cancel a skirmish (at a river) and heal his whole fellowship.  Works nicely with Merry, Friend to Sam and Boromir, Son of Denethor.

November 03, 2013, 03:41:18 AM
Reply #48

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 03:41:18 AM »
I used to play this Bilbo deck on GCCG a lot: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,6557.0.html

Ring-bearer: Bilbo, Bearer of things Burgled + The Binding Ring

Starting Fellowship:
Smeagol, Slinker
Sam, Son of Hamfast
Pippin, Friend to Frodo
Merry, Friend to Sam

3 x Gandalf, Manager of Wizards
3 x A Wizard is Never Late
1 x Radagast, the Brown
4 x Saved From the Fire
1 x Narya
2 x Brooding on Tomorrow
1 x Consorting With Wizards
1 x Red Book of Westmarch
4 x The Shire Countryside
2 x A Light in His Mind
2 x Birthday Present
4 x Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom
1 x The Tale of the Great Ring
1 x There and Back Again
3 x Hobbit Sword
2 x Escape

I had a lot of fun (and pretty decent win ratio) with it. It is basically an initiative deck abusing Gandalf, MoW and Red Book of Westmarch with nffatrod to lose/regain initiative multiple times in skirmish. When I managed to get to site 6 without taking heavy losses on the way, I was usually able to do 6-9 runs with Radagast.

The main weakness of the deck is early beatdown (if Merry dies, you are in bad shape), and Saruman's Power (although if you can keep Pippin alive you have some protection).

If you don't get SFT + Gandalf in your opening hand you are usually better off mulliganing to 6.

It also requires a shadow side that cycles well early, Fell Beast or Under Foot corsairs are comming to mind first.

I guess a version without SFTF could work too...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:44:09 AM by Shelobplayer »