LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Plundered Madness  (Read 4498 times)

April 02, 2014, 03:16:48 PM
Read 4498 times

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Plundered Madness
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:16:48 PM »
Hi everyone.  I never quite understood why Relics of Moria was X-ed in Movie.  Sure, it's very good if you have 4 Goblin Armouries out, but it's not really anything a few Goblin Scavengers won't do for you.  Normally an X-ing requires some kind of brokenness, implying that some cards in King Block could be effective with it, so I wondered what.  As far as I see there is only one card that can discard possessions in the Shadow Phase, and that's the good old Corsair Marauder.  Play him, discard a scimitar to get some tokens, and then replay it with Relics to add a net 2 twilight (if you have 4 Goblin Armouries out) and draw a card.  But that costs 2 twilight to play the marauder.

However, one card is FAR more effective than Relics of Moria in that role, and that is Plundered Armouries.  Now Playing a Corsair Marauder is effectively free, and you get to draw a card.  Surely that can be abused...

Here's my effort:

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles

Dunharrow Plateau
Rohirrim Camp
Hall of the Kings
Anduin Banks
City Gates
Minas Tirith First Circle
Ruined Capitol
Cross Roads
Dagorlad

Fellowship (43 cards):

1x Legolas, Greenleaf (Starting)
1x Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien (Starting)
1x Smeagol, Always Helps (Starting)
4x Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
3x Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad
2x Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
1x Gimli's Battleaxe, Trusted Weapon
1x Brego
1x Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade
1x Ring of Fury
1x Aiglos
4x Quick as May Be
3x Slaked Thirsts
2x Deep in Thought
2x Fury of the White Rider
2x Roll of Thunder
1x Terrible and Evil
1x Power According to His Stature
2x Preparations
1x Shadow Between
3x Shoulder to Shoulder
1x Brooding on Tomorrow
2x Don't Look at Them
1x Fell Deeds Awake

Shadow (43 Cards):

4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scavengers
2x Host of Moria,  Legion of the Underdeeps
1x Castamir of Umbar
3x Corsair Lookout
4x Corsair Marauder
4x Goblin Scimitar
4x Black Sails of Umbar
2x Corsair War Galley
2x Ships of Great Draught
3x Host of Thousands
4x Goblin Armory
2x Plundered Armories
2x They are Coming
2x Under Foot

The Free Peoples is a straightforward wound everything until it dies type.  It dislikes certain cards, but always survives, and can often run.  Hides is annoying, hence the Fell Deeds Awake and 2 Roll of Thunder (and 2 Barliman to get all 4 Hides).  Isengard Shaman still hurts, but is so rare I won't lose too much sleep over it. Most of the wounding is done in the Maneuver Phase, so Servant is no biggie.  Anyway, this is a shadow kill deck (though I bid 1 to go first).

And now for the Shadow.  Filter through the deck like crazy.  Play all your possessions and conditions, trying to be ready to throw down a bomb at 7 at the latest.  It's surprising how few people have condition discard, let alone possession discard in movie.  In my opinion that's criminal.  Play marauders to get rid of annoying stuff like Hobbit Sword or Aragorn's Bow before you play the bomb, but when you are ready to unleash the swarm, you want to be discarding then replaying scimitars.  Under foot will give you enough cards to They are Coming so you're never out of Goblins.  With 11 twilight (5 companions and 6 from the site), you can easily play every minion in the deck (if you've set up).  Yes, that's 17 minions.  The perfect hand can do it off 1 twilight, though!

This is not invincible, but it is strong.  I have yet to run into Galadriel, Lady Redeemed, but I feel that she's going to hurt.  But that's what my Fellowship is for.  Just run like crazy!  Ironically, I feel my fellowship will do quite well against this shadow, but here's a replay to show how it works if you lack condition discard:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Legion$3ani2qziu9mcb6jf

and here's what the Fellowship can do.  No way was the double to 9 on for my opponent:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Legion$8gltxf9755uiepqi

This deck certainly has its weaknesses, but is so much fun to play.  I don't understand why Relics of Moria was banned, but I feel that this would make a small case for X-ing Plundered Armouries.  It is still a good card, though.  What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:51:06 AM by Legion »

January 28, 2017, 06:48:53 AM
Reply #1

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Plundered Madness
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 06:48:53 AM »
Hmm. I do not want to play against this minion-deck